[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Study hard >Highly intelligent >Hate my fucking life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: 1477608703886.jpg (31KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477608703886.jpg
31KB, 480x480px
>Study hard
>Highly intelligent
>Hate my fucking life and fake my way through everything
>>
File: 1428081343886.jpg (156KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1428081343886.jpg
156KB, 400x800px
>highly intelligent

-dumb people
>>
>>17769597

>dumb people

you mean people who still use the defunct pepe the frog meme aka facebooks top meme of 2016
>>
File: It's the Truth.png (716KB, 1093x615px) Image search: [Google]
It's the Truth.png
716KB, 1093x615px
>>17769576
>Highly intelligent
>Study hard

intelligent people don't need to study hard to understand something

It's more akin to confirming what they intuitively know and crystallizing it into to something more concrete

you can show an idiot something a 1000 times and they'll eventually get it

show a genius something and they'll understand halfway before you even finish showing them once
>>
>>17769576
If you're highly intelligent why aren't you making bank and having boats and bitches?
>>
>>17769607
Good one, how's that Naruto Minecraft skin coming along?
>>
>>17769888
>making bank and having boats and bitches

boats sink and increase your taxes

bitches bitch and cry rape when they don't get paid for whoring

though I agree with the money part
>>
>>17769888

I did a lot of stupid things in my youth, admittedly.

>>17769850

You and every other lazy genius can keep believing that kind of nonsense
>>
>>17769912
you just don't want to admit you're not as intelligent as you'd like yourself to believe
>>
>>17769925

>Being so disconnected with the notion of hard work
>Talking about percieved intelligence

please
>>
>>17769946
wasn't deriding hard work, just saying you don't have the right to call yourself intelligent based solely on your opinion
>>
>>17769576
>Study hard
>Highly intelligent
Pick one.

>>17769946
Intelligent people work hard on hard problems, not something as basic as studying.
>>
>>17769951
>>17769971

So explain to me why it takes people decades of work to solve difficult mathematical problems when apparently being smart means you "just get it"
>>
>>17769977
>when apparently being smart means you "just get it"
That's exactly the opposite of what I said. You do have to work hard to solve difficult shit. You don't have to work hard to ace your exams if you're slightly above average.
>>
>>17769988

>You don't have to work hard to ace your exams

And you would know this how?
>>
ITT: people that think they are intelligent arguing about why they think they're intelligent

pro-tip: you wouldn't be arguing about this on the internet.
>>
>>17769997
By doing that while barely coming to classes, barely studying and not giving a single fuck about it beyond actually acing it so I can keep receiving free money.

And I am not even highly intelligent.

>>17770012
I know couple REALLY intelligent people who do it for the keks or out of boredom. Being smart doesn't mean you can't have some guilty pleasure.
>>
>>17770012

>you wouldn't because you ought to because you should be

The president of the united states makes tweets about "haters and losers", we all have our issues.
>>
>>17769977
>difficult mathematical problems
difficult mathematical "theories"

get it right you dumb fuck

the reason it's difficult is because the major problem is incomplete information

what separates a smart person from a normal one is that one can teach himeself through observation, analysis, and reflection while the normal one needs to be trained in the process that the smart ones use to actually solve the problem

It's Fluid Intelligence vs. Crystallized Intelligence
>>
>>17770023

>problems not theories

oh god, please don't be that retarded

http://www.claymath.org/millennium-problems
>>
>>17770021
our country uses a glorified popularity contest to decide who can tell us what to do

We don't even care whether they're actually intelligent, because the average person can't even identify what's inttelligent and whats's not
>>
>>17770041
And Trump is somebody who realized all that and memed his way into the office. While it's obviously a very limited type of intelligence and he's not somebody who can use his skills in academia or art, he obviously qualifies as intelligent.
>>
>>17770029
>Yang–Mills and Mass Gap
>"But no proof of this property is known."
remains a theory

>Riemann Hypothesis
>Hypothesis
literally means theory

>P vs NP Problem
not even a mathematical problem

>Navier–Stokes Equation
>"Although these equations were written down in the 19th Century, our understanding of them remains minimal. The challenge is to make substantial progress toward a mathematical theory which will unlock the secrets hidden in the Navier-Stokes equations."
the problem is not the equation itself but the
theory behind them, which is unknown information that has yet to be discovered.

>Hodge Conjecture
>Poincaré Conjecture
>Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer Conjecture
>Conjecture
google "conjecture definition"

did you just literally google "difficult math problems" or something?
>>
>>17770074
why did you make this post are you retarded
>>
>>17770017
Curious as to what you're majoring in. I have plenty of very intelligent friends that can't just slack through their engineering and chem courses.
>>
>>17770021
this fucker thinks trump is intelligent l m a o
i guess it's easy for you to consider yourself intelligent then when the bar is that low
>>
>fake my way trough everything
this. how do I stop? it's just so easy and conveniant
>>
>>17769850
>intelligent people don't need to study hard to understand something

lol'd
As far as I think OP's claim is amusing, this claim is even more amusing. There are always things highly intelligent people find they need to study hard to understand. Of course school work is trivial for them so I guess that's what you meant. But the ability to ask difficult questions about simple problems have always been one indicator of high intelligence.
>>
>>17769576
Have you considered the fact that you're not intelligent?

There is no such thing as a self described intellectual. It's an oxymoron.
>>
>>17770152
>trump just stumbled his way into a billion dollars
>he then stumbled his way to the presidency despite the entire establishment against him
>>
>>17770144
Economics, so obviously no way near engineering or chem but got friends who major in math, mechanical engineering and medicine (and CS but it doesn't count I guess) and they have a pretty easy time, even if some of them struggled in the first two semesters a bit. None of them is "highly intelligent" either or would use it to describe themselves, although they are smarter than the average person.

The people who "study hard" usually have shit-tier learning methods and make the whole thing harder for themselves than it is.

>>17770230
Given the times and starting conditions becoming a billionaire isn't really noteworthy. Getting his orange ass into the oval office was impressive thought.
>>
>>17769888
I believe the proper term is boats and hoes.
>>
>>17770200
>Have you considered the fact that you're not intelligent?

it's kinda what we've been trying to tell him

to OP it just seems to be a yes or no answer

He doesn't seem to understand the varying levels of intelligence and doesn't even put any evidence forward as to why he thinks he's "highly intelligent"

one might believe they're a genius if they only interact with retards

and I can only assume he has some reason to believe he's highly intelligent when compared to his peers

which is why its necessary for him to actually give us some metric, some reason, even anecdotal, before we can really get some perspective

but since he hasn't it reasonable to conlcude he's not as intelligent as he believes, otherwise he would have presented his "credentials" at the first question raised about his intelligence

your first step should have been to refute the assertation, not just go "nu uh, you're wrong"
>>
>>17770246
>new york real estate is easy

Did you find your way here after reading a pepe article on HuffPo?
>>
>>17769576
The worst thing about "intelligent people" is they're smug and pompous little shits
No one wants to hang with them
No one wants to invite them to anything because their narcissism is draining to others
>>
>>17770230
if everyone started out with a small loan of a million dollars from their daddy, yes, many more people would be billionaires easily. money makes more money. a LOT of money makes a LOT more money. simple maths.
>>
>>17770274
A million dollars is a small loan in Manhattan real estate
>>
>>17770262
selling overpriced shit that is clearly overinflated price-wise is not meant to be easy

but then again ripping people off is an art not a science
>>
>>17769850
>show a genius something and they'll understand halfway before you even finish showing them once

dont know if this is true. i understand things really easily. I read a lot of philosphy/political theory that is considered hard to understand and i think its easy. However, im average at writing essays, and shit at tests.
>>
>>17770286
>. I read a lot of philosphy/political theory that is considered hard to understand and i think its easy. However, im average at writing essays, and shit at tests

Then you probably don't understand. You just think you do
>>
>>17770159
if it works and you at least understand the problems it might cause and how to mitgate them the you're fine

just make sure to jump ship before it sinks
>>
>>17770262
>new york real estate is easy
>in the early 80s
>implying it isn't
>implying there is "hard" with daddies connections and money
Once your wealth reaches a certain point, you actively need to fuck up for it to shrink, and he couldn't even use somewhat clean methods to raise it. Being a good scammer with a head start just isn't a big deal.

>>17770286
Excuses can be made for being shit in writing class but if you fuck up in tests, you clearly don't understand the shit enough.
>>
>>17770298
Since it's so easy, show us all your money hotshot/
>>
>>17770290

how when professors will confirm that i understand? you do know people can be good at one thing, and shit at another. being good at academics is just knowing how to follow the criteria. i still pass the tests i do but i find them difficult, saying i am shit at them was an exaggeration.
>>
>>17770302
Give me a time machine back to the 80s and a rich daddy. (Well, any daddy would do :( )
>>
>>17770308
>i'm a failure in life because my dad didn't give me a head start
>>
>>17770302
give me a time machine and I'll show you
>>
>>17770298
>if you fuck up in tests, you clearly don't understand the shit enough.

not really, depends on the subject. in law i done well on the tests but for criminology for example i done quite bad because i didnt know what the criteria was, they never taught us. in academic texts, its predominately based on how you express your knowledge rather than your understanding.
>>
>>17770310
More of
>I'm not an real estate tycoon because I didn't grow up into money and connections nor started business doing a very favorable time
Next your going suggest that the queen is a business genius.

>>17770317
To a point yes but if you have a complete understanding of something, would it be really that hard to express your knowledge?
>>
>>17770303
>how when professors will confirm that i understand?

test are one way, but apparently you suck at those

So you're going to have to find a way to prove you actually understand whats being tested
>>
>>17770259

If you can't accept the term mathematical problem you're not going to accept any "proof of intelligence".
>>
>>17769850
8.5/10 breddy gud m8
>>
File: image_3.jpg (72KB, 564x562px) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
72KB, 564x562px
>>17769850
>intelligent people don't need to study hard to understand something
Oh, son.
>>
>>17770346
>If you can't accept the term mathematical problem

I know the difference between solving an equation vs. understanding the science and theory behind it

which is why I tried to make it a point to call it mathematical theory, rather than a mathematical problem
>>
>>17770332
>To a point yes but if you have a complete understanding of something, would it be really that hard to express your knowledge?

again, depends on the subject. criminology is more about taking something you have said and backing it up with a refrence/theory but i personally forget all the theorists names during the tests so i do bad. i have quite a poor memory.

>>17770334
as i have kind of said to the other guy, it depends on the subject. not all tests are graded on your understanding. what gives you qualifications to be the judge of this anyway? do you write academics?
>>
>>17770370
>not all tests are graded on your understanding
then you're being given shitty tests

>what gives you qualifications to be the judge of this anyway?
nothing really, just stating the fact that if you believe you understand something and want someone to know it then you're going to have to prove some way or another.
>>
>>17770394
>then you're being given shitty tests

i agree. i dislike the criteria. i hate referencing. i generally think academic writing is outdated. the skills you learn from academic writing does not help in the real world, at least in the subject i am doing.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.