[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>too dumb for college so dropped out >been looking for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1457515702759.png (178KB, 391x306px) Image search: [Google]
1457515702759.png
178KB, 391x306px
>too dumb for college so dropped out
>been looking for min wage job for months
>always go up front and turn in my applications/resumes there
>still no job
>social reject so can't find connections

but
>mediocre /ic/fag
>don't draw kiddie scribbles, but not professional tier either
>maybe I can get a job there

can I get advice on looking for a job on illustrations?
hell, I'll do wikihow drawings if I could get 5 bucks, I'm desperate.
>>
File: 1478916497212.png (256KB, 792x802px) Image search: [Google]
1478916497212.png
256KB, 792x802px
also skill level
(drawing done out of imagination)
>>
>>17769560
how are you at basic graphic design? you could try advertise freelance poster artwork, advertisements, etc

what is your CV like?
>>
>>17769560
>>17769562

Turn furry, abandon morals, draw wierd and kinky shit
Make like 30-50 different pieces of art, with some fetish stuff thrown in.

NEETs will start sending money to you by the THOUSANDS if you are willing to draw their fetishes
>>
You got a portfolio/tumblr/place to show your works?
>>
>art
>job

Pick one really.
No one wants to play for art. especially if you don't have a portfolio and can do it on demand consistently.
Selling an occasional graphics might make you a dollar here and there. Maybe etsy clipart.

If you want a career in art you need to build up a portfolio and advertise.
Start a web comic and update it every single week. Get someone who wants to make a video game and draw some assets for them. Get on sites where you can publish your drawings. At first you will need exposure since well its proof that you can and will actually work. Without a portfolio no one will actually be willing to pay you so until you build one up get ready for the magical life of a starving artist.
>>
>>17769562
Dude that's nice, keep on drawing

But if i may interfere, the hand is inverted.
>>
>>17769570
I focus more on drawing, but I know some of the basic rules of composition so average I guess.

As for CV, I'm not sure because all I did was volunteer work at my local hospice during my high school years
also never entered for art contests.

>>17769572
haha, yeah I heard of that.
>>
>>17769596
My best advice to you is to start advertising/applying for freelance work on the side and build your portfolio.

In the meantime, update your CV. If you're only applying for customer service, retail, food service type jobs, they should be relatively easy to get, even with just volunteer experience. Are you based in the USA?
>>
>>17769577
yeah
but it's nothing but tumble weeds and dust
>>17769580
damn that's disappointing, because my plan was: 1/2 job 1/2 art job
I guess I can try a webcomic and lurk around /co/ or /lit/ for good writing.
I'm assuming that I have to do alot of digging to find out how artists get their bucks and attention.

If art fails, I can go look for a regular job again I guess.

>>17769590
Thanks!
/ic/ mentioned that the hand was backwards too
>>
>>17769603
yup, I live in America

Also thanks a ton to everyone for giving me advice.
I'll do my best.
>>
>>17769614
A good part about a webcomic is that if it gets some traffic you can make money off adds. Again not a whole lot but it's easy certain money.

It's good practice to assume art will fail. I'm a musician and i was VERY lucky i get to live off my music/royalties/gigs doing what i tell myself i love. But as a backup I have a degree in classical physics.

My ex was an artist with a full on degree in art. She is now sitting around her house on welfare trying to scrap enough money together to get by. An occasional plop of money will show up when she sells a painting but it hardly makes a dent in the daily struggle.
>>
>>17769631
Sure, but art is vast and it really depends on what kind of art you sell.

(I'm not OP btw)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.