[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get the energy or motivation to do anything? If you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: bBTxSad.jpg (56KB, 382x358px) Image search: [Google]
bBTxSad.jpg
56KB, 382x358px
How do you get the energy or motivation to do anything?

If you work hard then you'll miss the big picture and never be well rounded. If you become well rounded then you'll never become great at anything.

The only intellectually respectable jobs are mathematics, physics, or theoretical compute scientists and even then you have to sacrifice many aspects of your life to achieve anything worthwhile in them. Everything else is cuckworthy. Academics who study practical shit like distributed systems or fiber optic cables simply help Stacey get quicker chad matches on Tinder (and this academic is far ABOVE wageslaves. All jobs outside academia are intellectually worthless). And in all academic areas you are ultimately playing the lottery in terms of success.

All of art has become a mechanism for social signalling by the consumers and blatant money grabbing and self indulgence by the producers. The exception is video games, which has its own unique problems but is the most technically advanced art form.

All Philosophy consists of flailing about in the infinitely large space of unfalsifiable thoughts. That's fucking it. Mountains of "public intellectuals" have nothing non-trivial to say.

I simply don't respect almost all jobs on either the intellectual level or on importance. Even a millionaire CEO of some to-do list company talks about changing the world. They have nothing better to do!
>>
Lel, you're just a 19 year old fuckboi with god-complex.
>>
>Become lawyer
>Work for a company as a personal lawyer
>Make dosh while doing absolutely nothing until they need you
>>
Then do nothing. Some philosophy might help you desu, you're failing pretty hard at understanding how life works and how people end up living fulfilling lives
>>
All jobs contribute to society you idiot what you fundamentally lack, and it's because you're probably 16 years old, is perspective. The manager at McDonalds could come home to a well kept home and loving family and have a much better human experience than any "intellectual" job. Everything is meaningless and the universe will someday end, just enjoy yourself retard.
>>
Why do you care about doing something that is deemed respectable by others?

Enjoy your life. Maybe your only enjoyment from life comes from garnering respect from others? Either way you sound like you lack any genuine ambition, and create abstractions as a way to defeat yourself then emotionally detach.
>>
OP's post is pretty gay, but I have the same question. I can't seem to find any motivation to do anything anymore. I've already dropped a couple courses this semester and the one course I am still in I have no desire to do any work. The most frustrating thing about it is that it isn't even a difficult course, its just a basic college math course, but I just can't bring myself to do it.
Same thing with the stuff I used to do for fun. Playing video games and watching TV shows just feels like a chore now. And all of my friends that I used to hang out with are just too busy to just hang out.
I feel like I'm wasting my life but I can't do anything about it. I don't have any aspirations or desires and I feel pretty useless.
>>
>>17768820
>>17768830
>>17768833
>>17768836
>>17768905
not gonna make it. scrubs
>>
>
All Philosophy consists of flailing about in the infinitely large space of unfalsifiable thoughts. That's fucking it. Mountains of "public intellectuals" have nothing non-trivial to say.

wew lad
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.