[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, I'm assuming this is a relevant avenue to express

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Well, I'm assuming this is a relevant avenue to express some wound up feelings and receive some opinions and criticism, so here it goes:

I'm 22, I work full-time and attend college part-time. I have been doing this since 18 and I have learned (what I think is) a lot along the way about my perception of life, myself, etc. I've always considered work and education as core values I'd like to invest my time and effort into, to achieve self-gratification and respect for myself, and perhaps indirectly from others. I'm studying MIS and I work for a grocery store with decent benefits (401k, tuition reimbursement, stock, $14.30/hr). I work hard, set the example and I'm tired of it. Tired of all the ridiculousness and politics of it all (to be general).

I never really identified that "thing" that I wanted in life, or wanted to do, but as I start to think more about where I am now, I feel though sometimes as if my time is wasted. I have a few hobbies (motorcycling, gaming, the gym) which I greatly enjoy and am never stressed or upset when partaking in. If there was something I wanted in life, it would be just to relax, enjoy my youth while I have it. The more and more I work though and notice how incompetent and lazy people are, the more I hate the idea of a "job". It extends into management too, as they seem to not have any concern towards those who pride on a job well done, such as myself. I know this extends into actual degree-required careers too, as people don't change, but the game does. I have been thinking more about avoiding the inevitable:

>Degree, Career, Work 30+, Retire.

I've been looking a lot in to the topic personal businesses, investing, entrepreneurial type ventures, self-made situations. In general, just breaking free of this "9-5 stigma" and the safe, common route through life. Who else shares this kind of thinking? Are there any books, articles, etc. you could refer to me on the subject? There has to be more than 30+ years of unhappiness.
>>
>>17768255
I also understand that we all have different views on the subject and some may see this sort of thinking as unrealistic.
I am in no way bashing careers and comfortable living, just elaborating on the thought of extending beyond my average way of thinking for the past 5 years.
>>
>>17768255
Running your own business, especially when starting up, is going to mean a LOT more work than a 9-5 job.
>>
>>17768302

I know, maybe this is just a life purpose question with a touch on being realistic. i understand nothing is given, it must be obtain
>>
>>17768302 is pretty much correct. If you want to look deeper into starting your own gig though, the book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" is on youtube as an audiobook and not a bad way of considering some things.

Have you considered doing something outside of the norm? Personally, I worked lots of different jobs which all exposed me to various experiences and people but ended up finally doing something I'll probably do for a while to come. Understand that you will be confronted with incompetence and laziness regardless of where you go. There are many who are unhappy with their lot in life but are unwilling to change themselves to change where they are in life.
>>
>>17768302
it's also a lot of effort, dedication, and time. 9-5 is nine hours, you could easily put 12+ hours/day into a business.

That can then end up failing and consuming the majority of your finances even if you do everything right (and face it, OP's 22 with college on the side. He's probably not a entrepreneurial genius).

Not to say it's not rewarding, but it's also not for everyone.
>>
>>17768348
odd, was just watching him on the tube.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.