[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I accidentally fell into the "do STEM you useless swine"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I accidentally fell into the "do STEM you useless swine" meme from lurking internet boards such as this one when I am not really all that passionate about STEM in the first place. Now I'm failing all my classes more out of apathy than inability, unless of course you consider apathy a symptom of inability.

I fear not being able to get a job out of college (though I have plans to do some freelance gigs if I don't), but I also fear that I am going to fail out of college. Should I stay the course and try to convince myself that the comp sci degree is worth it, or should I get a """useless""" liberal studies degree and finish as fast as I can so I can stop accumulating loans and finish within six years?
>>
If you weren't preparing for STEM in high school, why the fuck would you think you'd do well in College?

Look into a trade if you can.
>>
>>17766429
I was doing alright for the last four quarters with it -- I have been sustaining As and Bs on average. This quarter, I just became so disinterested that I'm expecting to see two Cs, maybe even fail. I just don't care anymore. All I can think about are literature and art and gay shit like that and I can't be fucked to do or think about anything else.
>>
Not comp sci. Anything but comp sci. It's as useless as an archeology degree unless you can program or have literal, genuine autism. You're already in debt so try and get something out of it, something that pays. Anything ending in 'of the Arts' is totally useless, not "useless" unless you've got a doctorate, and even at that point it's still not worth it.

P.S. "passion" is a meme designed to trick young idiots into pursuing their adolescent, idiotic dreams as a holdover motivator until they learn about the real world. Anyone taking it seriously after high school needs a harsh reality check. Yours is student loans so try to be ready when that hits.
>>
>>17766462
> "passion" is a meme designed to trick young idiots into pursuing their adolescent, idiotic dreams as a holdover motivator

You sound like an employee.
>>
This sounds like my situation... I got a Humanities degree the first time around, did nothing with it, then went back to school years later for another degree, this time in IT.

I'm doing really well grades-wise (3.9 GPA, woo) but have heard that classes aren't going to teach me anything I need to know in the real world, and in the meantime I can't even find a part-time help desk job to get any experience.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.