[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an issue that I unfortunately have no one to talk with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1478301952680.jpg (324KB, 1383x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1478301952680.jpg
324KB, 1383x1600px
I have an issue that I unfortunately have no one to talk with on. I work with six different guys at a startup warehouse. The job seems to be rewarding financially so far and is quite easy. I got the job through a person I grew up with.
The problem i'm facing is the employees and the boss I work with. They are all gangster wannabes that constantly talk about fucking bitches, cars and coke. Me, being a chill non partying dude is beginning to get on their nerves.
The skinny of it is that i'm being talked down to and constantly disrespected. I recently had a group conversation with the team about product damage that occurred at the warehouse. It was a substantial amount and was a serious issue.
I spoke my opinion about how we could avoid the issue in the future and set goals to make sure we don't let issues like this happen again. I was told to "shut up and let the adults talk about it".
The more time I spend with these guys, the worse I feel. I'm all for start up businesses and I want people to fight fiercely for their financial goals but I don't think degrading your employees has a place in that.
The worst part is that I have brought up my discontent before and was screamed at in front of the team. Literally screamed at because I voiced that I did not appreciate being singled out constantly for doing things that everyone was doing.
(That time I was doing something that was not work related for ten minutes but the guys can smoke and be on facebook all day watching videos).

I know it's manipulation. I can't be upset or angry. I can't talk shit without the threat of losing my job but they can talk shit to me all day and it's considered acceptable.
I just wish it wasn't. I like the job but i'm now at a loss because I honestly am having second thoughts about finding new work that pays less. (With my work history and experience, I won't find anything that pays better at the moment.)

What should I do? This really pisses me off.
>>
I work in a machine shop with similar people. Guys that have a tough guy "other side of the tracks" attitude.

You have to stand up for yourself. Simple as that. They'll step all over you if you don't speak up.

And don't let it bother you when they're assholes. Act like you don't give a shit. They're bullies, they feed on your bad feels. Good luck dealing with animals.
>>
>>17764701
I appreciate it. Thanks for the advice.
>>
Are you normally socially inept/awkward?
>>
>>17764728
I am sort of but I have no issue holding a conversation or doing my work.
>>
>>17764724
I don't have much to add that >>17764701 didn't already say. The tone you want to strike is "calm and civil, but firm." The attitude you want to have -- you're the adult in the room. You're willing to work as hard as any of them, of course, and it'd be beneath you to hold a grudge, but you won't sit back while some child insults you or outright lies about you.

It's possible to speak plainly and call out people on their bullshit while remaining perfectly professional throughout. I'm not saying it's easy, but you sound pretty levelheaded and I'm sure you can pull it off.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.