[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to have "racial dysphoria"? Just to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Is it possible to have "racial dysphoria"? Just to be clear, I don't hate people of color. It's just that for sometime in my life, I've thought about how much better I would feel if I were white. Coming from a Latin background having mostly white ancestors, I don't think it would be very difficult for me to "pass". Do you think it's something I should pursue, or is just a dream I'll never accomplish?!
>>
Skin lightening could be an option. Which country do you live in? Some products though are banned like hydroquinone.

You could try what I've been doing and go on a low phenylalanine and tyrosine diet for a few months. Without those two amino acids your skin cells can't produce pigment.
>>
>>17764251
I recommend studying your culture and getting some pride in yourself and your heritage.
Don't try to be someone else. Be yourself. Only one in the world
>>
>>17764893
>You could try what I've been doing and go on a low phenylalanine and tyrosine diet for a few months.
Lol, why are you doing that
>>
> I've thought about how much better I would feel if I were _______

This is not what dysphoria is.
>>
>Is it possible to have "racial dysphoria"?
No. It's not. Sorry. Gender dysphoria is a real psychological disorder. Racial dysphoria isn't a real anything.

Anyway, what's the big issue? If you look whitish enough to "pass", then just focus on the European side of your heritage -- Spain and Portugal made massive contributions to European culture, after all. You don't have to tick that "Are you Hispanic?" box unless you want to.
>>
>>17764901

Blackfag here, I have no medical issues (with the exception of mild asthma) but I decided to lighten my skin. Living in a ''nanny state'' called Ireland, I can't exactly obtain skin lightening products because of tight EU regulations.

I've decided to limit the consumption of the amino acids phenylalanine and tyrosine in order hopefully to see significant skin depigmentation

You may think 'Well why aren't malnourished Africans lighter then' and the reason is because a deficiency of this type is extremely rare in the world. It is found in nearly every cereal, grain and protein food which means pigment cells are rarely affected.
>>
File: phenylalanine.png (64KB, 609x627px) Image search: [Google]
phenylalanine.png
64KB, 609x627px
>>17764893
you also fuck your mood over

i really don't understand why you would take a PKU diet if you weren't just PKU to begin with

i don't understand fad diets to begin with but this is dumb

http://umm.edu/Health/Medical/AltMed/Supplement/Phenylalanine
>>
>>17764898

I'm sorry, not to be rude but this sounds like some pseudo religious viewpoint.

I understand that you're trying to help the OP, but I don't think he should be restricted by something he never chose. I always here some people say you're cheating yourself if you get plastic surgery but obviously that statement is ridiculous if it's from a non religious perspective. It is only modern day society that developed this idea of 'being yourself'. After all why aspire to become rich 'You were meant to be poor'.

Hope I'm not making any logical fallacies here, just trying to say that if the OP wants to be white, then he should attempt to be as safely as possible. Can't really see why he should be proud.
>>
>>17764915

Skin lightening my friend

http://www.progressivehealth.com/phenylalanine-vitiligo.htm
>>
>>17764911
No, I mean why are you trying to lighten your skin
>>
I'm asking how can I make my nose look "whiter"? Also, how would I be able to straighten my hair.
>>
>>17764911
I feel bad when I see shit like this man, can't accept/love yourself and it isn't even your fault cus you live in a world where it's just plain better to be white or lighter skinned. I hope things turn out well for you at least, I'm all too familiar with the feeling of not wanting to be black anymore.
>>
you dont necessarily have to "identify" with your race or use it as a defining factor of yourself. you should be your personality (your "self") before you are your race. you could try to do what this >>17764898 anon said but again you should really try to develop yourself and identify as things beyond your race, dont let things like race and other identity politics shit define you, it is for the most part unimportant
just curious though, why do you want to be a race other than your own?
>>
>>17766294
Negritos in denial will always be negritos in denial.

Like, I have seen it. You can relax your nappy hair but it shows, you can contour that nouse or have a surgery but it shows. People will always notice you are a negrito in denial.
>>
I'm not black, I'm Hispanic. Some white people tan their skin to look darker, some even get an afro. I never said I hate black people, I just said I wondered if I looked better if I looked "whiter".
>>
>>17766959
Because I've always seen myself as unattractive. And I would do almost ANYTHING to look better, the only reason why I put white is because a majority of the people in my country ARE white and I want to feel like I belong. Another reason is that I'm mostly white so it would be easier than making myself look black or asian.
>>
>>17764251
Gender dysphoria is the modern version of how homophobia used to be a mental disorder in the DSM. 'Racial dysphoria' is the same, it doesn't really mean anything to try to classify it, and in 30 years people that talk about that will be on the wrong side of history.
If you wanna change your appearance then go for it. It may be a journey to find comfortability with your body though; don't expect the tension in your mind to be relieved when you make the decision to begin 'passing.'

>Bachelors in critical psych
>>
>>17767092
homosexuality*
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.