[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just found out my girlfriend has bipolar disorder We've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Synecdoche-NY.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Synecdoche-NY.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
I just found out my girlfriend has bipolar disorder
We've been dating for about 2 months, everything was going well.
I recently noticed she hadn't been sleeping well and has been unreceptive of any sexual advances. I asked her what was up and she broke the news to me.
I'm really at a loss for what to do. I think I love her, but I really don't love her like this.

She's distant and cold. She has nothing to offer except a dismal attitude.
She doesn't seem to be interested in getting better either.
I personally suffered minor depressive disorder that led to me dropping out of college, but have found methods (meditation, mindfulness) to recover and have found the will to overcome my past issues. None of my attempts to get her motivated or interested in coping methods has worked.
I know she'll exit the depressive phase before too long but I also know it will return.
I don't know what to do
>>
Dump her. There's no cure.
>>
>>17764192
This. The only people who can help her are professionals.
>>
Bipolar disorder is on a league by itself compared to garden variety major depression (and you didn't even that!). Worse in every single measurable aspect. Best advice I can give is just to be there for her, or cut off contact as fast as possible so she doesn't grow any more attached to you. These are some damn serious issues, and if the therapist/pills hasn't worked in the past there is very little help you can provide.
>>
Just wait until she hits a manic phase again and then you can get the most craycray fuckings ever with her
>>
>>17764192
>implying people don't recover from bipolar disorder/ any mood disorder

You're fucking retarded. Stop speaking about mental health conditions you know nothing about.
>>
File: 1397659670360.gif (491KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1397659670360.gif
491KB, 460x345px
OP here
I really don't want to break up with her.
But I think I have to. I guess I'll wait till she exits this phase so she's less crushed.
This sucks guys
>>
>>17764209
>You're fucking retarded. Stop speaking about mental health conditions you know nothing about.

You don't "recover" from Bipolar Disorder. It's a brain disorder. Her serotonin and dopamine receptors are fucked, so they always alternate between "BAWWW I'M SO FUCKING DEPRESSED" and "WOHOOO LETS GO BET MY HOUSE IN VEGAS! WHO THE FUCK CARES IF WE LOSE?!"

But go ahead, tell me someone who was bipolar that got cured of it. All you can do is take meds to ease the suffering.
>>
>>17764192
Yup
>>
>>17764221
>hurf durf neurochemistry I understand NOTHING about

Lmao armchairs

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S016503271200660X

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/bdi.12153/full

http://qhr.sagepub.com/content/22/1/119.short

https://bmcpsychiatry.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-244X-12-204
>>
>>17764241
Have you even read the articles you are spamming here?

>The Bipolar Recovery Questionnaire has been developed in order to understand more about recovery in bipolar disorder; what recovery is and what can help or hinder recovery. The questionnaire has been developed by interviewing individuals with a diagnosis of bipolar disorder about their experiences of recovery. It is acknowledged that everybody is different and may have different experiences and views about recovery. Therefore not all of the statements on the questionnaire may apply to you.

Recovery is not "cure", m8. It's "getting better". Not "being healed". Analogue: It's like you can't take an affinity for alcoholism out of a heavy drinker. But they can go sober and recover from it.

Also, I incidentally find it funny that you are trying to portray me as an "Armchair", while you are trying to "convince" me of your argument by spamming random articles you googled up.
>>
First off all, I have major depressive disorder, and I'm taking 5 classes a week and working at the same time, and I want to kill myself everyday, but I don't, so don't be a little fucking bitch.

Also, there is literally no help for her at this point. Unless you're ready for the biggest roller coaster ride of emotions you can possible imagine.

You're best bet is to move on, trust me, I have experience with this shit. If she is on meds and works on herself, she can stabilize slightly, but she'll never be fully normal.

>>17764241
Jeesus, you're a fucking retard. Did you not read any of the articles you linked? They disproved exactly what you had previously said.

You have a terminal condition called poor reading comprehension in adulthood. You're fucked.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.