[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it a red flag when a woman has a lot of male friends,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

File: 1475114511995.jpg (85KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1475114511995.jpg
85KB, 900x675px
Why is it a red flag when a woman has a lot of male friends, or vice versa?
>>
>>17763598
please respond senpai
>>
>>17763598
well i'm a grill so i can tell you why that's a redflag for women....

it means she
>constantly needs male validation/attention
>can't get along with people in general, and can only befriend thirsty men who just barely tolerates her for the miniscule chance of getting laid
>they are her back up plans, plan A, B, C, D...
>she sleeps with them or borderline cheats with them and she'll use them to make you jealous/insecure but will defend her position that they were her "long time friends" before you came along
>she WILL cheat on you with one of them, or they will try their very hardest to make her cheat
>if these males are thirsty, they will also try to break you up with her and/or make your life hell as long as you are with her
>or she's so unattractive/unfeminine that she's quite literally "one of the guys", so you'll be basically dating a dude with a vagina which isn't so bad if you're into that. off chance she might be a lesbian though.

met plenty of girls like this in my life time... they're just bad news. i'm assuming men with lots of girl friends are kind of similar though more rare...

i can only recall those type of guys that girls consider as their "gay" best friend being in that instance. the guy is usually super unattractive; they keep him around because he's hilarious and ok with being the butt of the joke. basically taking place of the token "ugly girl" or if he really lost his manhood, the token "gay but not really" guy of the group. weird how that works.
>>
Because people are insure in themselves and see others as threats. Some are just attention seeking sluts, but that nit always the case.
>>
>>17763756
Uuuummm that doesnt go for all girls. Im a girl and i just like guys as friends because girls are evil bitches and its super hard to get along with them. Guys are easier as friends because they are really layed back and easier to joke with, ect.
>>
>>17763598
beta orbiters. Male friends are not a threat. It is a sign of some super undesirable traits, possibly, as >>17763756 already touched on.
>>
>>17763780
No, you're just a terrible person
>>
>>17763598
>Women with lots of male friends
Whore
>Man with lots of women friends
Gay
>>
>>17763803
/thread
>>
>>17763780
>Guys are better friends because they cut you tons of slack and accommodate you all the time because they want to fuck you
>>
>>17763598

there are several reasons. none of them are super legit, its called a red flag cuz its a warning of something possibly bad, it doesnt mean all people with these traits are bad.

but it could mean, even if theres nothing wrong with the woman, that you could spend your whole relationship beating back guys who think that 'OH WERE FRIENDS SO SHE MUST SECRETLY LOVE ME AND WANT TO LEAVE HER BOYFRIEND FOR ME IF I TRY HARD ENOUGH'

you see that kind of mindset here on /adv/ allllll the time.

but she could also be a slut. she could also be a bitch and thus women dont like her. she could eb an attention whore, and therefore wants lots of male attention.
>>
>>17763810
I'm not disagreeing with you but men are much easier to deal with. So there's a good 10% chance she's being honest.
>>
>>17763780
>Guys are easier as friends
uuuuummmm because you have a vagina LOL
to guys, you are uninteresting to them and don't contribute as much as a male friend would. you are at best, the "bro i would talk to if i was bored and no one else in the group is paying attention to me" friend. you only get a pass because they think they might have a chance to bone you if they schmooze up to you enough. wake up
>>
>>17763820
You act like girls don't know what they're doing. If that's the case she should be doing that for you.

Otherwise she's not worth the effort.
>>
>>17763826
whores don't belong here time to leave
>>
>>17763826
No
They are nice to her because they want to grab her by the pussy
I'm a man and let me tell you we put up with our mother and sisters, we put up with our friends girlfriends (even tho we want to fuck them too) and we put up with girls that pay attention to us because attention = sex maybe
That's it
>>
>>17763820
Uuuuuuummm
Could you like get a trip cuz I want to filter you?
>>
Thanks friends for replying, it makes sense
>>
>>17763839
>I'm a man therefore I represent all men and my opinion is the rightest
>>
>>17763880
Im a man so I know how living under the effects of testosterone feels like thank you
You got a point about the gays tho, if I was gay I wouldn't talk to women e er again
>>
>>17763885
You... do realize women produce testosterone too, right? And men produce estrogen?
>>
>>17763780
they want your pussy lady.
>>
>>17763756

Never post again
>>
>>17763889
Holly shit, where you spamming f5 waiting for me to reply? That shit is creepy
Yeah but no, you actually don't you produce estrogen and blah blah too and not as much testosterone and you will never know what being a man is like
Tl dr good luck with that pennis envy
>>
>>17763598
OP here

She explicitly made it clear that she's a virgin. What does that mean when paired with this?
>>
>>17763899
>Holly shit, where you spamming f5 waiting for me to reply? That shit is creepy
Not them but there's this script that updates the thread every time a new post happens.

>>17763901
Probably naive as fuck.
>>
>>17763899
I'm a man you retard. Stop drinking so much on 4chan, get a fucking hold of yourself. A Navajo code talker would have difficulty deciphering what you just typed.
>>
>>17763903
She does seem a bit naive.
Thanks
>>
>>17763901
She gives amazing head
>>
>>17763905
Sure thing sweetheart lesbians can be men too or wathever
>>
>>17763894
well now i'm gonna post even more.
and you won't even know if it's me, and you might even agree with my opinions sometimes and we might even rub elbows having a good ol' time. fag.
>>
>>17763918
>lesbians can be men too
what
>>
>>17763919
I can tell when a teenager is talking
Good old /adv/ can get up to 40% teenager sometimes
>>
>>17763919

You need to be over 18 to post here I believe.
>>
>>17763928
being older on 4chan is not exactly a bragging right on here either?
not sure what your point is getting at. you mad i got more (you)'s than you?
>>
>>17763926
He's had one too many. I wouldn't be too hard on him. Not everyone can handle their drink on an anonymous imageboard.
>>
>>17763954
Being a kid desperately trying to get someone online to listen to you is really fucking pathetic and the more mature you think yourself to be the less you are
It truly feels like watching a little kid play grown up but wathever you are neither the first nor the last one I will find, I just try to move along without cringing too much
>>
>>17763775
>the only correct answer
>no responses
Bait clearly worked.

>>17763756
Are you still in high school?

>>17763780
>because girls are evil bitches and its super hard to get along with them
>taking the idiocy of the poster above to another extreme

>>17763810
>>17763830
>>17763891
>all this projecting
>>
>>17763987
oh no, did i offend you for having too many female friends because you realized you were the token ugly girl/gay dude?

suck it up you sad sack. maybe ask a girl out instead of trying to get the attention of one online lol!
>>
>>17763995
Ok last (you) and its bedtime Timmy you have to wake up early tomorrow for school
>>
>>17763991
>Picking the response littered with typos and the vaguest of answers.
Found the one tooting his own horn.
>>
>>17764020
sweet dreams old wizard, hope that was enough material for your erotic loli fanfic :)
>>
>>17764025
Naw, I just joined this shitfest. Didn't even realize the typo in the guys comment ... what's with the form over substance approach anyway?

Also what's vague about it?
>>
>>17763598
>vice versa
A lot of male are friends with the same woman?
>>
>>17764048
Because it's a non-answer. "S/he's insecure."
You can pretty much apply that statement to any issues involving interpersonal relationships. And he even tacked on the wishy-washy "some are, some aren't, not always the case" thing. What a weak statement, you might as well say "not all girls."
>>
>>17764044
Sorry Timmy but you are 3d and you can't even speak Japanese
>>
>>17763598

I'm gonna give you the only logical piece of advice you can get.

It means something only if you want to make it mean something. Everyone is different and has different motivations.

Coming from a guy who dated a woman who cheated on me with a guy she was uncomfortably close with to the point she was spending nights at his house I'm gonna choose to be objective. If you want to be in a relationship with someone, and they have lots of guy friends, draw a line in the sand and tell them how you really feel. Don't make assumptions on them.

This video covers red flags:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkK2AcOG854
>>
>>17763598

People don't like competition, it's a threat to them.
/thread.
>>
>>17764078
i thought that was the last (you) you were gonna give me. can't keep your dirty ol wizard paws off me huh? ;)
>>
>>17764072
But it's the most valid one. People who bitch about that shit and see it as a red flag are simply insecure and think that because somebody got friends from a different gender, they have secret gangbangs.

>What a weak statement, you might as well say "not all girls."
Almost like there is no single reason!
>>
>>17764104
>But it's the most valid one.
It's about as valid and interesting as how "people will be people." It's no surprise no one paid attention to it except (You).
>>
>>17764153
Are you seriously implying that most people are insecure losers who care about that shit?
>>
File: 61b.jpg (51KB, 259x259px) Image search: [Google]
61b.jpg
51KB, 259x259px
>>17764089
I'm sorry to hear about that man. Thanks for the video.
I do find it a bit peculiar. Probably because she continually acts like 'one of the guys' as if that impresses me.

>>17764091
That may be true as well, I just find it a bit weird since I don't see myself ever being friends with a woman, let alone a bunch of them.

>>17763910
pic related
>>
>>17764457
Also, another question as OP

I live in a dorm, and it was late at night, so she slept over.
We just sorta cuddled the entire time.

Then it happened again. She wasn't feeling well.

What does that mean?
>>
>>17763780
Lol what is all this generalization and hatred towards you
>>
>>17763598
It's just a ton of potential for drama.

The real red flag is when the friend has no girlfriend/boyfriend and hangs around a lot further on into the relationship.
>>
File: idortlosslessdb2.jpg (19KB, 600x709px) Image search: [Google]
idortlosslessdb2.jpg
19KB, 600x709px
I'm female and have a mix of male and female friends.
I generally get along better with other females, but I also have /tg/ hobbies, and that more or less forces me to make male friends.
>>
>>17764470
She spent the night with you and all you did was cuddle? She wants you to fuck her you moron. Just get handsy and then go in for a kiss.
>>
It's only a red flag if they're attractive. It's easy to have friends of the opposite sex who're attracted to you. You can be the most incompatible people in the world but they'll still try to be your friend because they want to fuck you. I think deep down she knows that too.

I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong with that, but it's definitely wrong.
>>
I think in general that attractive women are going to have a lot of attractive guy friends and loads of sex. Your mean prerogative as a guy is to be at the opposite end of that list and caring less about her than she does you - if you want to fuck her.
>>
>>17764575
Kill yourself.
>>
I'm a guy and my only close friends are girls, but I've recognised this is a problem after catching feels twice for one of those friends.

I think I just don't know what the boundaries are and what's an acceptable level of sharing or attention for men.

For instance, I only really text my female friends. I think they're the only ones who would appreciate daily attention and especially think they'd be sensitive enough to listen to my problems without calling me a faggot.

I'll describe my 2 closest female friends soon, as they're like opposite ends of what OP is asking about.
>>
>>17763780
>can't get along with people in general, and can only befriend thirsty men who just barely tolerates her for the miniscule chance of getting laid
>>
>>17763756
>if these males are thirsty, they will also try to break you up with her and/or make your life hell as long as you are with her

this happened to me. going out with girl, everything awesome. her recently dumped friend starts to crush on a guy at her work, needs my girl to third wheel. guy starts saying to friend, invite anon's girl out too, she's so fun blah blah.

inevitably, showing what we had wasn't that great after all, she starts prioritizing her friend and these guy coworkers over me. we got back together a few months later, but the initial trust I had was gone and the more she told me im "the best guy she's dated, wants to be my long term girl" the more it felt like hot air and was turned off from it
>>
>>17763598
Because people think that women and men cannot spend time together without falling in love for each other or fucking.

I think it might even be true, but it is mostly about the nature of the friendship.

I have a couple of male friends. I befriended them for the same reason I befriended my female friends. We do the same shit in the same place, have the same passions, had fun with each other, kept seeing each other.

Would I mind if my boyfriend hanged out with a couple of girls from his university classes who share all his interests? Not really. Would I mind if my boyfriend gave his number to a random chick in a bar because "they wanted to be friends"? Kind of.

People are people.
>>
>tfw I'm a guy with a bunch of female friends just because I usually feel too pressured or competitive when hanging out with guys
With girls I can chill more, as long as I don't find them attractive. Hanging out with a crush is troublesome similarly to hanging out with guys because again I feel it puts a pressure on me.
There's literally only one dude who I'm real bros with and it's mostly because we share the 4chan-ish humor sense. Sigh I wish I had more male friends to be honest
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.