[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have group therapy in school for substance abuse >myself,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1477518601469.png (584KB, 621x697px) Image search: [Google]
1477518601469.png
584KB, 621x697px
>have group therapy in school for substance abuse
>myself, three other girls and two counselors
>all three girls knew each other before i got there so i may not know some things about them
>one girl experiences sexual assault
>i think her step dad had something to do with it
>he calls her and apologizes and says he is in town and if they want to go fishing
>tell her not to do it because he's probably full of shit but you can thank him for the apology
>everyone else tells her to do it and maybe you can rekindle your relationship
>next week she's crying about he "acted inappropriate"

I'm upset because I thought my advice was a no brainer and I can't believe two professionals advised her on going was a good idea. I want to just leave the group because I don't think I can trust their judgement
>>
>>17763446
My advice is to post this on your blog next time.
>>
>>17763446
You are right!
>>
File: 1467234549986.gif (2MB, 740x600px) Image search: [Google]
1467234549986.gif
2MB, 740x600px
>women's studies major

Funniest thing I read all week.
>>
>>17763453
Hey you are on /adv/
>>
>>17763446

You have learnt that therapy and counseling are not scientific. They are not working from a set of laws, only instincts backed up by tradition and middling statistics. That doesn't mean they can't help, but they can make profound mistakes.
>>
>>17763470
yup. if therapy had a motto, it might as well be "whatever's clever." the scientific part is in trying to amass an encyclopedia of the patterns of the human condition, the art is in trying to adapt it to an individual.
>>
>>17763489
The 'scientific part' is the time, effort, research, and sheer anal autism psychologists go through to get papers published and contribute to humanity. The DSM? Ehhhhhhhh.
>>
yeah, that's some piss poor advice, I sure as hell couldn't take them seriously after that.
>>
>>17763507
more or less what i meant, in so many words
>>
>>17763469
And what fucking advice are you looking for? Because you sure as hell did not make it clear in your post. Just looks like "Wah, my voice went unheard they're stupid"
>>
>>17763558
OP here, that wasn't me.

The advice I'm looking for is whether or not I should leave the group? I understand they're not perfect but that advice they gave was so bad and I'm questioning their judgement
>>
>>17763558
learn to read dumbass she asked if she should leave
>>
File: 1478998630448.jpg (40KB, 478x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478998630448.jpg
40KB, 478x480px
>women
>making smart and rational decisions when it comes to the people in their lives

Not. Even. Once.

Even the most intelligent women I've spent time with, were still basically emotional retards that fell for the same traps like this over and over again.

Its honestly fucking sad.

>X person hurt me in this past, even after giving him multiple chances to shape up
>But I'm sure he/she has changed now!! It'll be fine!!
>wahhhhhh i got hurt again
>>
>>17763706
Hey OP,

What kind of substance abuse are we talking about here? How available is said substance? Is it normal in your environment? How eager are you about quitting? These are all questions that can help you figure out how important the group therapy is for you even if the counselors are bad.

Would you be able to ask these counselors to talk in private? If that is the case, I would tell one of them OUTSIDE THE GROUP that the situation had made me lost trust in them and see what her response was. I would no say this in a group session because that could be construed as trying to undermine their authority and being "difficult".

Sauce: Have been a patient in my nation's psychiatry system since fourth grade.The vast majority of professional and semi-professional helpers only want to do good, but take it badly when they perceive you as rejecting them. By voicing my worries only when it doesn't threaten their status, counselors have changed their tactics to better suit me.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.