[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well it happened again /adv/ >Be me >Interested in girl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1476041717018.gif (4MB, 200x164px) Image search: [Google]
1476041717018.gif
4MB, 200x164px
Well it happened again /adv/

>Be me
>Interested in girl at work, she seemingly is interested back
>This goes on for a while, until we get enough balls to ask each other out
>Go on a couple dates
>This morning get a text along the lines of "my ex and I decided to get back together, I wanted to let you know so I don't lead you on"

I get the whole loved and lost thing but fuck I keep getting relationships cut off from some circumstantial bullshit and it's objectively not my fault. How do I prevent this shit /adv/, every time I let someone in this happens

Also what's my best course of action, she wants to be friends but fuck idk if I can
>>
>>17762858
>it's objectively not my fault. How do I prevent this shit /adv/

If the first part of the idea is true (not your fault) then there's nothing you can do. You had a bad string of luck, just keep trying.

If it's always the same thing (she goes back to her ex) then you are doing something wrong: Picking girls that only need comfort because they had a fight with their ex. Stop doing that.
>>
>>17762858
Don't be friends with someone you cant get along with. If you think you can't get along with her because of her actions then so be it.
As far as the first thing. There isn't anything you can do except keep looking. You can't change anything except yourself and sometimes shit is just or if your control and yeah it's bullshit but there isn't anything you can do about very it so just suck it up swallow the pain and move on.
>>
>>17762858

what? dude most relationships end for something that isnt your fault.

relationships are not tit for tat. people actl ike it here, you even see autist post screencaps demanding women explain why they wont date them since their single.

emotion is king. thats all that matters. and emotions never make sense.
>>
>>17762873
It's not always the same thing, one moved across the country unexpectedly, one wasn't in the 'right mindset', one broke up on the basis of 'she wasn't good enough for me' idk man I'm just tired of it feeling like I'm being cucked by the universe

I guess what I really mean to ask is how do I keep myself from caring until it's a sure thing I'm tired of putting my heart into things like this.
>>
>>17762884
Thats the thing: I can't really fault her, she handled it as well as possible and told me plain and simple. Anything I do in retribution is just me being butthurt about the situation. I mean I really care about this girl but I don't want it to end up being me just waiting for a shot when they inevitably break up
>>
>>17762900
>I'm tired of putting my heart into things like this.

That's dating. You have to put yourself out there and risk being burned. Sorry, but if you stop caring you stop trying.

I don't know how to stop caring and keep trying.
>>
>>17762922
I guess you're right, I guess I'm just frustrated that I don't even get to experience those long term relationships because of this shit.

Also is it that bad of a plan if I just remain friends with her and see where it goes? She also said she still has feelings for me but wants to try and fix things with her ex. Is this legit hope or should I just drop it
>>
>>17762944
>Is this legit hope or should I just drop it

I would drop it if I were you. There's very little chance she will change her mind, and you'll only suffer.
>>
>>17762950
I thought so, I just needed to hear it

Well here's to being single for the next few years again
>>
>>17762922
>I don't know how to stop caring and keep trying.

1. Realize that bitches ain't shit

2. Realize that the emotional impact of almost any action you can undertake at your age is meaningless in the long run

3. ???

4. Profit!
>>
>>17762955
See I wanna do this, and the rational part of my brain thinks this

But then when you find someone you care about you convince yourself that this one is different...
>>
>>17762955

If you want to fuck around, that works. If OP wants to have a fuck buddy, then that would help.

I don't think that's his goal, but we should ask him.
>>
>>17762973
OP here,

Ideally I want to have this mentality until she 'proves' herself otherwise if that makes sense

But I doubt that's feasible
>>
>>17762980
>Ideally I want to have this mentality until she 'proves' herself otherwise if that makes sense

That's bullshit. How can she prove that? By opening up for you while you hide behind your wall?

Meet them halfway.
>>
>>17763005
I know, exactly why I said it's unfeasible

Better to have loved and lost and all i guess
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.