[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ex-girlfriend keeps trying to kill herself because I won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 1337009118072.png (140KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1337009118072.png
140KB, 300x300px
Short story is: she cheated, I found out and broke up without any hassle on my part, just straight out cut her from my life. No, I don't care that she didn't fuck him, cheating is cheating, and I honestly had no interest in killing myself with doubt and resentment when I could just make a break from it all and start something new with someone who won't cheat no me.

Now, here comes the problem. The ex lives in my neighborhood, as does most of her family, so like it or not, we cross each other's paths every now and again. I don't mind that, I can just ignore her, but every time one of her parents or siblings, or the ex herself, sees me, they approach me and try to pull me back into the shitpile that is her life at the time.

I've had to block her number, a number of social media accounts, a few emails and I even had to return 2 hand-written letters, unopened, that she left in my mailbox.

All the fucking time, it's about her being sorry, about how sorry she is, about how she feels like shit for ruining a good thing, and on and on and on, and I just plain don't care.

Three times when she met me IRL, though I suspect that was on purpose rather than accidental, she asked me for forgiveness. I have no interest in lying, nor do I particularly give a shit about absolving her own misdeeds, so I just told her that I won't forgive her and that she should deal with this shit on her own rather than bother me about it.

I had no idea that she tried to kill herself after the first time. No one told me anything about, but to be fair, I wouldn't have cared. She's nothing to me, so I can't find it in me to muster up even some basic empathy that I might have for a complete stranger.

The second time I got an angry visit at my door from her sister, telling me what an asshole I was by torturing her emotionally. Apparently, I was doing that by denying her the chance to move on.

So what now? Cops won't bother with shit, restraining orders are not enforced at all.
>>
Cool story bro, must have tons of friends with that frozen heart of yours.

Best case scenario is you kill yourself so that bitch will literally never get closure. Haha sick and ironic, that will show her, how dare she be human. One day bro us autists will rule this earth hahahah lol
>>
Continue to ignore, as fucked up as it is. Her family sound like absolute cunts anyway, good that you got out when you did. Also well done for the complete severing if ties, it's exactly what I would do.
>>
>>17761436
God speed, OP.
The fact that you know what you don't want in your life, and enforce that is great.
Remember:
Never stick ur dick in crazy.
>>
>>17761444
Found the faggot that would take a cheater back. Enjoy being cucked dickhead.
>>
>>17761436
>she cheated
>I found out
From the title alone I was about to tell you you should maybe give her a second chance or at least some forgiveness if she told you but if you had to find out through your own efforts,that bitch deserves it.

I'd say move to another place. But failing that, just keep doing what you've been doing. You could also try being a little more sadistic in how you handle her so she gets the message that you don't give a shit.
>>
>>17761444

>frozen heart

What, just because I don't want to give a cheating ex time of the day or pretend that I care for her when I don't? Nah, you can fuck off. My friends are backing me on this completely because they know I've done nothing wrong and just putting myself even more than they try to pull me in will do me no good.

I'm just looking out for myself first, which is what anyone would do.

>>17761450

Like I said, I got no problem ignoring them. It's just that they won't ignore me.

And I won't consider moving away from where I live. The place is fantastic and I refuse to be bullied from my home by a pack of idiots who won't own up that their daughter/sister is the one who fucked up and should focus on fixing her shit all on her own, rather than try to force it on me.

>>17761452

Sadly, I didn't know she was crazy or she at least hid the crazy well enough.

>>17761456

>give her a second chance

Nah, that's no good with cheaters. What's the point? Trust is fucked for life, you can never get what you had back and wasting yourself emotionally just so that you could function somewhat normally doesn't seem like a good idea.
>>
>>17761454
yawn, ok virgin
>>
>>17761436
Yeah so am I getting this right when I interpret what her sister said, "you're an asshole for not giving her a chance to move on", as her basically asking you to let her back so SHE can break up with you?

Because that's most certainly what will happen by the way.

Man how did we let women become so incredibly entitled?

But fucking hell, I mean there is the chance you let her back and pilot it right and fix things or just land them down smoothly at least. But it doesn't sound like you care enough about her to go through with that.

I wonder why that is. You were never really close to her? You never felt her sadness as your own?
>>
>>17761436
From what I see, you're not in the wrong.

I'd say only "forgive" her if it's coming honestly from you and not from some outside pressure, or you could lie and forgive her but not mean it if you don't want her to suicide, but I doubt you really care about that either way.

I just can't see how she wants forgiveness that bad, I doubt that's all to it
>>
>>17761481

>Yeah so am I getting this right when I interpret what her sister said, "you're an asshole for not giving her a chance to move on", as her basically asking you to let her back so SHE can break up with you?

Nah, more like in the sense that we should meet up once more for some kind of magical/miraculous closure where I basically sit still and listen to the sewage pouring out of my ex's mouth as she tries to justify and excuse her actions.

>Man how did we let women become so incredibly entitled?

Eh, it's not all of them. My sisters and cousins are good people. This girl and her family are just fucked up.

>You were never really close to her? You never felt her sadness as your own?

The ex? Of course I was close with her. We were in a relationship that lasted for more than 2 years. Hard not to be close to her or feel empathy and sympathy. I loved her. No use denying that. But once she cheated, it hit me hard and I decided to cut everything about her from my life so that I could move on. Of course it hurt like a bitch at first, but it's been more than 6 months now and if it wasn't for the continuous harassment I wouldn't even spend a single day thinking about her.

>>17761484

Yeah, I doubt that even if I said the words, for real or not, shit would magically get fixed and she'd a-okay. This is clearly something more than just her wanting me to forgive her, but that's on her and her family to figure out. They can do it on their own or if they think she needs it put her in some form of therapy/counseling.
>>
>>17761487
Yeah it's tough man. Totally get it about shutting off towards her. It really is hard not to do that in that sort of situation. Though the reason why her family is hassling you is because they feel you have a responsibility towards her. You're throwing her and you don't quite see that she's a piece of glass.

No excuse for what she did, obviously, but what you're doing now could end up having a very bad effect on her.

I would say her family just wants you to figure out how to let her down gently, or at least find out how to break her fall. They think you owe her that responsibility. Your call big man. Because only you know who's suffering more.
>>
>>17761463
Kek, dunno how I ended up with a kid if I've never had sex. Carry on, beta cuckboy
>>
There are two main options as I see it. A restraining order, or to move. If the first isnt viable, then the latter. Or you can just keep ignoring it I guess.

Shit sucks but I'm not seeing a lot of options.

>>17761444
Closure for what? She cheated. She fucked up. He no longer wants her in his life. It's a very short and simple story. I'd call someone retarded if they defended a cheater threatening suicide so a woman had to keep him in her life, and it goes both ways.
>>
>>17761508

> A restraining order

Like I said, that shit is almost never enforced unless there's physical violence done against you. Comes with living a 2nd world country.

>move

Fuck no. Like I told another anon, I love this place. It's literally one of the best places to live in my city and I'm not going to allow them to harass me out of here.

>>17761500

>Because only you know who's suffering more.

Yeah, it's just that I don't care and they think this is somehow monstrous of me.
>>
>>17761461
>Trust is fucked for life
Depends on the individual and circumstances IMO. My current girlfriend slept with another girl and I forgave her and still trust her because she told me.... And also because it was another girl. If it was a guy i'd be considerably less gracious.
>>
>>17761511
>Fuck no. Like I told another anon, I love this place. It's literally one of the best places to live in my city and I'm not going to allow them to harass me out of here.
Yeah but I'm not seeing a third option. My point is the law is moot, so its basically suck it up or move. Up to you which is more important, its a shitty position to be in.

>>17761512
>And also because it was another girl. If it was a guy i'd be considerably less gracious.
Fuck is with this retarded shit? It's no less of a breach of trust, because it requires the same kind of mindset. They knew it was wrong, yet they continued on with it.
>>
>>17761512
>if it was a guy I'd be considerably less gracious
>it's not gay if you say no homo
>>
>>17761512

Yeah, no, I don't give a shit whether she did it with a guy or a girl.

In fact, doing it with a girl would be worse, because you literally cannot provide/compensate/compete with that if need be.

You're an idiot, IMO, for staying just because it was a girl with whom she cheated.

>>17761516

>Yeah but I'm not seeing a third option

I know it's probably not helping any, but maybe if she actually does follow through with killing herself they'll back off?
>>
File: 1471665195729.jpg (33KB, 552x695px) Image search: [Google]
1471665195729.jpg
33KB, 552x695px
>>17761521
>I know it's probably not helping any, but maybe if she actually does follow through with killing herself they'll back off?
They're already blaming you for her acting retarded, I don't see why they would back off if she makes the most retarded decision possible.

Not to mention that's a bit unethical to hope for to say the least, even if she's an idiot.
>>
>>17761436
Wished more men would go scorched earth. If they did women would straighten us and stop cheating. Anyway, had a similar but instead of the sister showing, the ex broke in my house, took a bunch of pills and that's how I found her when I got home. I had to call emergency to save her sorry ass. Anyway, I finally got a job in another city, sold my home and moved and forbid anyone to speak her name or tell anyone where I moved.
>>
>>17761516
> It's no less of a breach of trust, because it requires the same kind of mindset.
For you it is. For me it's pretty whatever. If there's one thing i'd say trust doesn't apply it's sleeping with the same sex. That transcends into the strange category. At the time it happened anyway it was a day or two old relationship so I took it as learning curb.

>>17761521
> you literally cannot provide/compensate/compete with that if need be.
That's nothing but pessimism. Just like everything in life there's always time to learn new shit. Which we did and turned into a great couple.
>for staying just because it was a girl with whom she cheated.
It's not just because of that. It's also because she thought she did something super wrong to me and had the ovaries to tell me. I cared less than she thought I did but still, the wiillingness to admit was there and so was the apology. She's a person I want to be with even despite it and she clearly returns the feeling so if you think i'm an idiot, well I just tried to advice you with what you gave me.
>>
>>17761436
I am sorry to hear you're going through this. But you are in the right here. You have the right to leave, especially after this kind of violation, and you have the right to move on. Her mental instability is unfortunate, but it is ultimately not your problem.

In Florida, they have a law they call the Baker Act. It is very hard to get someone committed involuntarily, but the Baker Act allows you to do this to someone who is in imminent danger of harming themselves or other people. Many other states have laws based on it, and many other nations have similar legislation. Research the law in your area, to see if they have something similar. Be prepared to invoke it if this behavior continues.

You DO have to intervene if she comes to you daying she's about yo kill berself. The law is clear on thus: if you do not, you can be held criminally liable. But you can bring in the police and let them handle the logistics of invoking the Baker Act; at that point, you have done your duty, and can wash your hands of the matter.
>>
>>17761689
Shut up dumb bitch.
>>
>>17761718
Huh? I said he was in the right, reminded him of a lingering legal obligation in case she tries to get manipulative, and advosed him of a way to extricate himself from that situation while wasting as little time and energy as possible.

I can certainly see people disagreeing with my suggested approach. Frankly, I expected sone vitriol. But I'm forced to admit that "dumb bitch" was just about the wording I least expected. Why choose that?
>>
>>17761436
I don't get it, what's the actual problem? What is it you want advice about? You did everything right and you should keep doing exactly what you're doing, refuse to forgive her and absolutely don't fucking take her back. Call the cops if somebody in her family shows up to berate you again.

The way this is it just looks like a blog post now.
>>
>>17761689
>the Baker Act
>OP lives in a 2nd world country
Way to pay attention.
>>
>>17761436
>she cheated, I found out
>I don't care that she didn't fuck him

What exactly happened there OP? And how did you find out?
>>
damn bruh, I aspire to be like you.

I took my cheating ex back TWO TIMES over, and finally a third time did a clean cut.
>>
>>17761689

Yeah, I don't think we have anything of the sort here.

>>17761550

Hang on, she cheated on you when the relationship had barely started? And you still stayed with her? Oh wow. Why are you so desperate?

>>17761525

Like I said, I know it's not a good thing or that it would actually help anyone, but they might just leave me alone finally without my ex to pester them about it all day long.

>>17761760

I'm asking about how remove these people completely from my life, to make them stop approaching me.

>>17761796

She kept crossing boundaries by talking with some friend of a friend, because she knew he had a thing for her, and I was pretty much to tell her she had to make a choice, him or me, when one of her friends told me that my girlfriend cheated on me already by making out with the guy when they were out one night. She said she was sorry about it, I told her not to worry and I never revealed to my ex who exactly told on her.

>>17761886

I've seen what this kind of thing does to you, second hand though. I just can't rationalize staying with someone who betrayed me and killed all trust between us.

It's horrifically unfair on the innocent person in the relationship, because they have to put themselves through torture to get the relationship going again.
>>
>>17762008
>>17761886
Yeah, that's where I was at. Like, I loved her, and thought my life was pretty much set. But, when I found out, I was just like you, called it off immediately, and went my own way.

Then, maybe a month later, I'd already gone through the motions, been fucking a few other girls, and other stuff when it hit me, and I tried to get her back.

Almost feeling immediate regret when I did it to be honest, and I tried to overlook our past history, but I couldn't be seen around her anymore. Everyone knew what happened between us, everyone knew she cheated on me. I didn't feel like a man, I lost all my friends, and I could never look past what she did to me. It tore me up, I was depressed and she was all I had to lean on. It took me two years of trying to get over her infidelity before I realized I wasn't ever going to be able to trust her again, no matter how hard she tried. I'd always catch her in the whitest of lies, and then my entire thought process would spiral out of control with all the possible other lies there could've been.

It doesn't help that when I first caught her cheating online, she tried to play it off as one of her friends sharing her account or whatever, and I fucking believed it. For 6 months I fucking believed that shit before I cracked and had to dig deeper just to find out for myself.

Three years wasted in a relationship that should've been over from the start.
>>
I'm not sure about your country's laws, but you can always call 911 if she messages you saying she's going to kill herself and they'll give that bitch a big ol' bill.

Also, next time she speaks to you, go off on her about your sister and her family. Tell her that this is bullshit and she should stop talking to you and sending her bully sister to chew you out.

Finally, tell all of your friends or anyone you can what she's done. Get people to back you and don't feel threatened by her trashy family anymore.

If her sister or whatever comes to your place, purposefully piss her off and tell her that if she doesn't leave, you're calling the police. Hopefully she doesn't leave, and she can be arrested and have fun with that humiliation.

I guess this is kindof america-centric, but I have no idea what 2nd world country you're in. Maybe some of these could apply.
>>
>>17762053

She never told me about trying to kill herself. Her family told me about it.

And all of my friends are already aware of the shit that's going on and they're completely supporting me.

Already did that bit with the police. Like I said, the cops don't give a shit if there hasn't been physical violence.

I'm from the Balkans.
>>
>>17761436
I've just read your story,not all the posts.

I've been there, ignore her.
EVEN IF SHE TRY, some pill or a cut...just ignore her.

I had a long and hard time to get rid of this particular whore. She went "full stalking" even breaking in my house.

Leave the whore alone.
She's just traying to convince you, she has no intention to kill her precious life over one of hers mistake.
>>
>>17762118
This. Ignore the bitch and her family
>>
>>17761436
/adv/ should have a suicidal gf sticky.
Don't let her guilt trip you OP.
You can:
-Keep ignoring her. This will become increasingly difficult and annoying since you live near each other.
-Get a new gf so she will stop thinking you can get back together. This is risky depending on how crazy your ex is.
- Move out.
>>
File: conor.jpg (5KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
conor.jpg
5KB, 320x180px
>>17761550
>literally got cucked by a woman for up to two days
You can't make this shit up.
>>
Good job op for sticking to your guns and standing your ground. It is refreshing to be honest.
>>
>>17761436
she wont do it. continue to ignore her.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.