[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got two impacted wisdom teeth and I'm going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: DentalSurgicalExtraction.jpg (6KB, 224x168px) Image search: [Google]
DentalSurgicalExtraction.jpg
6KB, 224x168px
I've got two impacted wisdom teeth and I'm going to get at least one of them removed tomorrow.
I'm pretty nervous. Please give me some /adv/ice.
>>
>>17760835
Elect to have the socket sutured. Dry sockets suck.
>>
They are going to give you an opiate painkiller, piggyback it with like 600 mgs of ibuprofen. Its gonna hurt for a few days.
>>
I had 4 wisdom teeth and a front tooth removed a while back. Here's my experience.

I laid down in a bed-like chair. They hooked some things up to my chest to monitor my heart beat, and I could hear it too. They actually started strapping me down. Through all of that I started to get really nervous and I could hear my heart beat increasing. I knew I was going to be given some drugs to pass out VERY soon. I mean, they were fucking strapping me down. But it was expected, they can't have you flailing around while you're under. You've probably received needles in your life, so it wouldn't do much for me to tell you the needle didn't hurt at all. I could feel the surgeon wipe off the area on my arm and the needle, which felt like a little poke. Although I couldn't see what he was doing because my head was faced up.
Then, I waited. I wasn't sure how long it'd take for the drugs that were coming from the needle to knock me out. Next thing I know I'm on my couch. It took me a moment to remember everything and get my balance again, but I had gauze pads in my mouth and there was blood on the pillow from all of it. I very very faintly remember stumbling to the car with a lady helping me. It was like a distant dream. My mouth didn't exactly hurt, but it did after a little bit. Reality just had to kick in.

After that it was all sleeping/laying/sitting on the couch and taking my pills.

My first bit of advice would be to TAKE THE PILLS YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO
I took some pills for the pain, but didn't take the ones that relieved nausea (I didn't feel nauseated...). Next thing you know I'm rushing to the bathroom to puke. I puked up a bunch of blood from my mouth and it got in my nose. My gauze pads came out too. It was so fucking disgusting.

My other advice, It's scary, I know, but it's quick. The drugs knock you out so fast, you don't even remember dozing out. You immediately wake up wherever at home.

I hope this helps :)
>>
Kinda realized I forgot the actually add the second piece of advice. That would be to just relax.
>>
Man up and pass on the IV drugs. They numb your mouth either way. Easy way to save a few hundred dollars and the embarrassment of hitting on the hot dental assistant with 0 memory of it. Pain pills work well, but you can get hooked.

>>17760895
>The drugs knock you out so fast, you don't even remember dozing out.

They don't. They wipe your memory and make you easy to work on while being conscious enough to follow simple directions. Had and out patient procedure done a few years back where I got a bezno/opiate wombo combo. I don't remember an hour of my life, but the stoic doctor had a shit eating grin on his face every time he saw me after the procedure.

I would kill to know what I did that put on a smile on his face.
>>
>>17760955
I asked my mom what I was like on the drugs, but she didn't answer me. She kinda eyeballed me with a "I don't wanna talk about it" look.
>>
I have had at least 5 molars removed.
Just had far too many.

Laughing gas or painkillers help just talk to your dentist/ medical professional first op.
>>
>>17760835
enjoy ze happy pillz nigger!
>>
take the pain pills when they say the anesthesia will wear off, cause that shit will hurt like a bitch
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.