[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Get rejected by a girl >sends me a text asking if we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (100KB, 405x399px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
100KB, 405x399px
>Get rejected by a girl
>sends me a text asking if we can still just be friends
What is the most polite way to say I have no fucking interest in being friends?
>>
>>17760832
>I have no fucking interest in being friends
Just take out the "fucking" and there's your answer.

Blunt and straight to the point is the best bet in this situation. No need to beat around the bush.
>>
"Sure"
"Okay"
"Right"
Or no response at all. All very polite and succinct.
>>
say yes and then ghost
>>
>>17760863
This. It's perfectly ok to say that, and frankly since you were the one being rejected it makes it all the more ok to say it.
Hell, I had the same thing happen to me in reverse, I turned down a dude, asked to be friends instead, said no because I know damn well you can't just be friends with someone you have interest for. Not that quickly at least, I knew he was just trying to hang onto me so he could try to change my mind. But even still, rejecting his offer of friendship looked bad on me. Like insult to injury rejecting him twice in a row.
But on your end it will be just fine, you'll trade rejections and then you'll be on even grounds. If you wanted to be super polite, you can add a "thanks" to show you appreciate the gesture but you don't want it.
But just "I'm not interested in that" is fine too.
>>
>>17760832
Just tell her this
>SorryButIamSuchaGoddamnedPussyBabythatIcouldntFigureOutWhatIwantedAndhowtoGetItWithoutConsulting4chan

When she says "lol wats 4chains" you can just tell her it's an internet gang u've been running with lately. Goodluck
>>
File: 1475088768169.jpg (35KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1475088768169.jpg
35KB, 500x333px
>>17760886
>you can just tell her it's an internet gang u've been running with lately
Holy fuck why did this make me lose all my keks
>>
>>17760869
>>17760875
I actually really like this girl though. I feel so fucking conflicted. I'm basically going to expand this thread and vent because I have no idea how to deal with this.

>Get Friend zoned by girl we'll call "A" last year
>Not bothered by this because even though I was attracted to her physically, we didn't have much in common
>Fast forward to this year
>Really good friends A
>A introduces me to some of her friends
>End up hitting it off with one that we'll call B
>Spend a decent amount of time with B in the weeks leading up to this weekend
>Go to a party together
>Two of Bs best friends that I've never met before start talking to me about whether or not I like B
>Little drunk at this point, so I end up letting them know that I'm into her
>They tell me to make a move, and are talking about how we'd be such a cute couple
>Had been repressing feelings for B because I liked being friends, and didn't want to ruin things
>Assume that B's friends were prodding me at her request, and that I might as well make a move
>Do so
>Get rejected by B and she acts like she had no idea I had feelings for her and thought I was "her best friend"
>End up watching her go makeout with some random guy she had been complaining about grabbing her 5 minutes earlier

I feel so fucking stupid and upset right now. Didn't think a friendzone experience could actually be as bad as some of the stories on 4chan. Girl A would never talk to me about her guy problems or make me feel jealous.

What the fuck should I do? I feel depressed as shit, and think I'm inferior to other males since I've only known rejection. I've made great strides in the past year (Brought GPA up and got myself out of academic probation, lost 70 pounds over the summer, joined some social clubs and shit) But I still feel like I'm so far away from being where I want to do? I've been punching my wall all fucking day and my hands are bleeding, this can't be the normal reaction to this.
>>
>>17760923
To be honest I'd develop some distance until you're entirely over her. No point in putting yourself through that hell regardless of what some internet feminists try to tell you.

I mean, I'm comfortable being just friends with a chick I asked out if I'm over it. But if you're not, why hang around a woman and watch her date and fuck other people? It's emotional torture for no good reason. Focus on other women, and try to find one that's just as enthusiastic about being with you as you are with her. Don't settle for something less.
>>
File: 1437434993576.png (116KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1437434993576.png
116KB, 1920x1200px
>>17760832
>>What is the most polite way to say I have no fucking interest in being friends?

"No, thank you."
>>
>>17760832
"I'm sorry, but those aren't my feelings. I need time and distance for my feelings to cool down, ir they're only going to drive ua both nuts."
>>
>>17760923
how old are you op?
"friendship" might be a euphemistic way of her saying "let's be civil" or "no hard feelings". especially if you werent platonic friends before this debacle, why would you expect a friendship to form? Was this ever your intention? It's fine. Don't force what was never there. Just don't be butthurt about it when you bump into each other in the future. It happens, life marches on
>>
>>17760923
It is what it is. She didn't want you. Nut up, accept it and move on to new prospects.
>>
File: Questions.jpg (59KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
Questions.jpg
59KB, 640x560px
>>17760963
We were pretty good friends before this, or at least I think we were. She wasn't afraid of being touchy with me, and she intitiated text conversations or asked to hangout with me quite a bit. I don't understand what the fuck she wants, and the paranoid autist part of me is beginning to think that her friends who told me to make a move might have been in on it. Why the fuck would her friends prod me for information unless she told them to? I had known these two girls (They're her friends from home who she's known for a long time) for all of 5 minutes before they were trying to see what my feelings for B were, and I hadn't done anything to tip them off to those feelings.
>>
>>17760951
Not this. You don't need to explain yourself to her other than the fact that you have different intentions for one another.
>>
>>17760991
The fact she immediately shut you down and moved onto someone else makes me inclined to believe she talked to them about you but they got the horribly wrong idea. For instance she may have painted you in a very good light, and they interpreted it as her gushing on about a crush when in reality she just thought well of you.

My pet theory anyways.
>>
File: 1461071554933.jpg (33KB, 359x473px) Image search: [Google]
1461071554933.jpg
33KB, 359x473px
I sent her a text saying not to feel bad about rejecting me (She was apologetic in her message) but that I wouldn't really be content with just friendship and that I think it's best if we part ways for now. Is it time to just fuck off and forget now? Was that the best way to deal with it?
>>
I already have enough friends
>>
I have no interest in being friends.

Be-live it or not OP that's actually a great thing to say I have got girlfriends and saved myself time doing that.
>>
>>17760923
>I feel depressed as shit, and think I'm inferior to other males since I've only known rejection.
Ahh, I know that feel. Well, think of it as having bad luck, though. You just happened to be into girls who weren't into you. Doesn't mean the next girl you'll be into won't be into you either. Just gotta keep trying.

As for the friendship thing, I understand you're conflicted too, actually I'm in the same situation, but given that besides of really getting along with her we also have a lot of mutual friends and they told me I'm an idiot when I wanted to cut her off, I'm stuck being friends with her even though it hurts quite a bit and I'd rather speed up the healing process by cutting her off. At least I don't have to watch her makeout with other guys though since she's the "I want no romantic/sexual relationships" kinda girl.
If you guys don't really have close mutual friends, in your shoes I'd cut her off for my own mental well-being. As for how to handle that - you can actually tell her you just don't know how to deal with one-sided feelings in other way than not hanging out with her anymore, and if she actually likes you as a friend, she'll understand that you need time for that. Or you may as well say "yeah let's be friends" and instead say excuses or say no when she asks you to hang out and never initiate anything by yourself. Remember to stay consequent in that though and keep in your mind that even if you hang out with her and be great friends, she won't change her mind.
>tfw my friends sell me stuff like "if you're more dominant she'll go out with you" or "she's just bad with emotions, she rejects everybody just because she's afraid of relationships, wait it out" but I'd rather have no hopes
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.