[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand happy people past the age of 19. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 2016-03-14.jpg (338KB, 650x635px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-14.jpg
338KB, 650x635px
I don't understand happy people past the age of 19. How do they become happy? I've went through several hobbies, several work places, and experienced several things other happy people have not. Yet here I am, still bored as fuck. Here's a few things I have tried:

>lifting
>yoga
>hiking
>jogging
>skating
>biking
>marketing
>cooking
>painting
>sculpting
>interpreter
>hunting
>fishing
>managing
>housing hardware
>cars
>video games
>programming
>computer repair
>writing
>more i'm forgetting

None of them kept my interest. I currently work as a sales associate at a local business shop, making up to 1k a month. The only interesting thing right now is money. So how do I become happy, /adv/?
>>
Sounds like you need to stop stressing about how to be happy and just enjoy life.
>>
>>17760740
>>17760803
>>
>>17760740
sometimes that shit happens to me and i cant get the fucking happines
>doujin
>fap
>think about god
>fap
>sleep
>find new musics to listen while going to school
>turn off all lights in home than sit middle of room
>yoga in bath

just do it what the fuck u want and dont try every piece of shit u find
>>
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/how-do-life/201405/deathbed-exercise

have you ever tried the deathbed exercise op? maybe it can give you some perspective
>>
>>17760803
That's the problem. I can't find anything to enjoy. Enjoyment comes from happiness. I can't find it.
>>
>>17760740
Get involved in investing if you like money it's a pursuit that only ends when you want it to
>>
>>17760740
Happiness= Reality - Expectations

You either try to improve reality or lower your expectations, that's it.
>>
>>17760740
It sounds like you're trying to derive happiness from a purpose or passion

I can only say keep looking if that's the case
>>
>>17761912
this sounds about right
>>
>>17761976
It's wrong. For starters, it implies that expectations + happiness = reality

Secondly, happiness is biological and mediated by genetics. Some people will be born with a naturally happy temperament (hyperthymia), some people will be born with a naturally sad temperament (dysthymia). There is nothing you can do about it, and there is no viable way you can change yourself if you happened to have been born with such a genetic profile.

Deal w/ it.
>>
>1k a month
>only interested in money
Maybe you're unhappy because you're doing a shit fucking job at making any money.
>>
>>17760740
Find something that engages you. You will become sad if you're not distracting yourself with something that keeps you occupied. It's the reason why Celebrities and Kings can become depressed even though they have everything they could possible want.
>>
if being sad makes you happy, then by all means dont let US stop you.
>>
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.