[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm really fucking scared /adv/ I saw this the other day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1

File: 1478997815965.png (136KB, 705x654px) Image search: [Google]
1478997815965.png
136KB, 705x654px
I'm really fucking scared /adv/
I saw this the other day and i don't know what the fuck to do. is this really going to happen within our lifetimes?
what should I do??
>>
Probably.
Just make sure to be old by the 2050s
>>
>>17760701
The Singularity will kick in before that happens, and Computer Jesus will either save us or kill us all
>>
>>17760701
I feel like the births and deaths trendlines are incompatible with the population one.
>>
>>17760723
Pharma sells age extending drugs to poor people

Births and deaths go down but pop goes up
>>
>>17760725
>Births and deaths go down but pop goes up
That is the literal opposite of what's happening in that graph
>>
>>17760736
Sorry, I was looking at "Pollution" but it's still true

As actual healthcare spreads to the world, deaths will go down
And then births will go up as all the poor faggots invade the good healthcare places and have 10 babies a woman

It's like a mascrocosm of America
Mexico has a smaller growth rate than Hispanics in America
Because having an actual fucking healthcare system means ignorant fuckers have more children that live.

It's the clash between tech and ignorance
The result is a lot of babies

Then there are too many people and everyone dies

The only way to escape a Malthusian disaster is to nuke every place that isn't Europe and USA/Canada
>>
>>17760751
That would be extremely racist..
>>
>>17760701
Meh, just make sure you die before 2030.
>>
>>17760701
all resources plummet and births go up... how?
>>
>>17760809
Africa is a good example of this effect.
Probably a psychological trait that ensured the evolution of our species many thousand years ago.
>>
>>17760809
high mortality rate for infants.
people want to have offspring, but since the chance of them dying is so high, they have like 10 or 12, even though only 2 or 3 will survive.

basically the African bubble has burst and become unsustainable, not enough food there, they pour into Europe, living conditions in Europe drop
>>
Food supply depleting shortly after 2020 this chart is ignorant and irrelevant since no one knows future technology advancements. Stop trying to tell the future and live day by day or you're already dead.
>>
>>17760846
This is not how development economics works. Fertility rates decline as the country develops. Your assumption that Africa will some how collapse and africans will all flood to the developed nations is impracticle. There are a lot of reasons why but I only need one. Do you really think it's in the interest of the developed world to allow Africa to stop developing? No, developed nations gain far more from working with a developing, in this case continent.
>>
>>17760894
To add to this. People in developing countries don't have lots of children becuase they "want to". It's as much an economic decision. Many will die at or soon after birth. Typically they will hope they will have more boys if they have more children. They need the children for work (out of necessity usually) and boys are more productive at manual labour. Parents wants more children to care for them as they age also.
>>
>>17760701
wish it would happen sooner, honestly. by the time shit starts hitting the fan i'll be too old for the army to even consider taking me back, and too soft to make it even if they did.
>>
Don't buy it...food will continue to increase exponentially until and after we level out because of technology and innovation
>>
>>17760932
Massive starvation deaths will happen before the tech reaches the ability to feed billions

If you live in Euro/NA
Get as rich as possible
The crash is coming
>>
>>17760942
You're delusional. We already have enough food to food the entire world population. It's just in the wrong areas.
>>
>>17760701
Learn how to grow food, and start learning how to efficiently collect rain water and obtain the means to filter it and make it safe for consumption.
>>
>>17760956
Exactly, my nigga

What makes you think middle America will give up fresh food in the winter?
Nothing

Africa will starve while we deal with increased prices in America

Africans can't pay for shit, so they get shit.
Just how it works
>>
If you were really scared you'd be doing something about it rather than whining on an anonymous shitpost forum.

Humanity's fucked because it's too easy to just bitch while everything burns around us.
>>
>no source
>not even a labeled y axis

op youre scared for the future because youre a fucking idiot and youre going to fail no matter what happens.
>>
>>17760956
and the scarcer food gets around the world, the tighter the people who have it are going to want to clench it. you're acting like there's going to be some great communist food sharing campaign where everyone agrees that they should starve at precisely the same rate because all humans are equal, blah blah blah. are you kidding?
>>
>>17760964
First read this >>17760894 (it's me as well)

Secondly. You say "fresh food in the winter". What about produce that grows in winter? What about hydroponics? What about modern farming techniques that allow for all year crops? What about international trade between the hemispheres? What about modern storage techniques?

You say that Africa will starve. What about international aid? What about the fact that we are continually moving closer to UN development goals? What about catch up economics? What about the fact that these countries are useful for the developed world?
>>
>>17760964
What is that "give up fresh food in the winter" bs? They produce to sell. They don't produce to feed themselves.

Your whole theory is lacking a huge amount of economic knowledge. Not to mention technical progress and knowledge of how African counties are developing.
>>
>>17760997
You're totally naive

"Year round farming" is in its infancy.
It can barely feed a county let alone a country.

If Americans/Euros get fresh veggies in the winter it's because they ship them from tropical places like Mexico/North Africa

That will stop when the poor faggots of those countries start to riot and demand food to stay close

Look, all this tech is about making the winners win more
NA and Europe are the winners
And modern tech makes the better than ever
Shit you can eat pineapples in mid December.
200 years ago that would be fucking magic.

But times will change.
Eventually the places we mine fresh product from will have their own governmental collapse
People will take over and demand produce for themselves.

Euro/NA is good because we rest atop of everyone else.
That will change

And we will all know hardship
>>
>>17761010
You're being totally ignorant.
Can you eat money?
No you can't.

That's the bottom line.
African/poor countries are selling their food for richer markets

But in the coming years, crops will fail
And then it won't be about selling crops, but keeping it for each peoples survival
>>
>>17761016
Is this why the super-rich are quietly commissioning their underground forever bunkers in seemingly huge numbers? Any other demographic and you might just call it a fad, but it really seems like they know something the rest of us don't.
>>
>>17761016
Delusional.
>>
>>17761031
How?
>>
>>17760942
>If you live in Euro/NA
>Get as rich as possible
if there was a crash, currency would become worthless

>>17761031
wow you really proved him wrong
that'll teach him!
>>
>>17760981
Food in not getting scarcer, the opposite is happening. There is something like a "great communist food sharing campaign" happening. It's called international aid. It's not always food though. Developed governments realised that supporting a developing nation results in a better outcome for both countries. The poor country gets to develop and the rich country gains political influence, more stable neighbours, a developed future trading partner, and you can increase your own exports through tied aid. Not to mention moral motivations that the public like to hear about.
>>
>>17761039
>currency would become worthless
yeah, but the shit you bought with that currency BEFORE it became worthless could turn out to be much less so.
>>
>>17761039
There's a book called the "Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz"

It's about a Canadian Jew who gets everything wrong
His grandfather says "Duddy, land is everything"
And the little Jew doesn't understand it at all

But for us, it's true.
It's like the medieval ages

Control the means of production
If you own a farm, you can live and your children can live
>>
>>17761042
look man, i just want to watch the world end. can we stick to the narrative please?
>>
>>17761045
that's assuming the people starving in the cities are going to be complacent with dying while you survive.
>>
>>17761072
Quite the opposite, mon ami

Once city people realize that food isn't coming in, the people with land will be the new kings

Own land, people
When the end comes, you'll be able to farm enough potatoes to live
>>
>>17760736
There are more births than deaths up until 2050. As a result, the net population goes up. After 2050, there are more deaths than births. Because the base population is so high there are tons of births and deaths, but overall more people are still dying than being birthed. I understand how it can be confusing at a glance.

This is in line with the replenishment birthrate issue most western nations have. You need roughly 2.1 births per woman to replace the parents and the handful that are lost through accidents and such, but no western nation is above that level. Some are only at 1.5, such as Estonia. Our populations are sustained primarily through immigration, and as foreign countries such as India modernize their birthrates will likely fall too.
>>
>>17761076
economical land ownership will play second fiddle to the real king, charisma. what happens to your farm and pretty daughter when 15 dirty dudes with assault rifles roll up and want to see what you've got going on?
>>
>>17761019
You said middle America was giving up it's food, not African countries. Also, Africa doesn't have much food to sell. I don't know where you got that they are selling all their food, but it's simply not the case. Africa's largest exports are all primary goods (metals, coco beans, coffee and sugar). They don't ship out animals for meat and the don't trade grain. This is largely inter-continent trade as well due to the large number of land lock nations.

Lets ignore the "crops will fail" part because, as explained above, their food isn't all produced locally and you have ignored trade and aid (and too many other things to count). Research from the world bank indicates that with huge boost to infrastructure and tech, Africa has the chance to boom in the world agricultural market. They have 50% of the world uncultivated land and it only uses 2% of it's renewable water sources (world average is 5%). Their are large food markets they are yet to tap into as well including, rice, maize, soybeans, sugar, palm oil, biofuel and feedstock.

Take one economics course please.
>>
>>17761088
I'm seeing the future, you dumb dubs nigger.

Africa will develop
But then they'll have a billion people and they won't export

America will starve in time
Just you wait.
And when the world pop reaches a point where they can't feed the luxurious American lifestyle, America's own people will revlt
>>
>>17761088
>Their are large

***There are large****
>>
>>17760767
4u
>>
>>17761090
How will America starve?
How will the African population grow past a sustainable point?
Why would they stop exports when it's the thing that allowed them to grow (and currently the only thing keeping them alive)?

>when the world pop reaches a point where they can't feed the luxurious American lifestyle, America's own people will revolt

This would happen over such a long period of time that no one alive would know what the old definition of a "luxurious American lifestyle" was.

You tried tho.
>>
>>17761102
Exports don't put anything back into the farmer's hands except money
Once you realize that
You must see how the system comes down
>>
>>17761105
thing is, farmers have never been anywhere near the real power historically. saying "i own this land" in an apocalyptic(?) situation where the government isn't going to send the cops to help you out. you might be able to cite decentralized civilizations in which the land owners really did have the power, but does that seem to you like the kind of societal structuring americans are going to reach for when the gov't goes belly up?

no, we're used to the perception of power being held by individuals as part of large, branching structures, and these are the kinds of social structures we're going to reach for. if you don't have the charisma to tie down enough people to keep your land safe from other people, you're going to lose it or end up working for someone who does.

this capitalist land ownership meme makes sense in a vacuum, but external factors are going to complicate that immensely.
>>
>>17761116
If you don't value farmers, you're already done with society

Regardless of how society works, FOOD is the bottom line
>>
>>17761118
the point is that EVERYONE is going to value farmers. if not the farmers themselves, the land and means of production. my point is that farmers aren't going to become uber-rich gods simply because the circumstances which lend themselves to it are doing to rapidly disintegrate, along with the rest of society. at that point, they are just people like anyone else except they have something a lot of people want. with no more laws i think you can imagine what could happen.
>>
>>17761125
See?
You agree with me

Farmers control the most important resource
That is: Fucking food.
>>
>>17761131
>>17761131
when did i ever say i didn't? my only point is that your mindset is beholden to a version of the world which would rapidly become completely irrelevant. this whole communist memeology is irrelevant. you'd be looking at something closer to a return to feudalism
>>
>Unlabeled Y axis
>No explanation of "resources"
>No explanation of "services per capita"
>No explanation of "pollution"
>No explanation of whether births/deaths is a rate per capita or not
You should be more afraid of how completely retarded you are to take something like this seriously
>>
>>17760723
infant mortality increases as population dwindles.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.