[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know most of you are white and all and probably won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

I know most of you are white and all and probably won't understand from where I'm coming from but fuck it, feeling like shit for so long at least I got your attention.

I have this strange relation to white people. I'm a black man, 21. Plain looking but not too boring (not much of a clown either). The thing is that I really don't understand my feelings towards white people, specially white women. I live in a very race mixed city but there are some white people here, usually middle class or upper middle class. When I go somewhere like a cinema for "art films" or even some clubs, and look at the white people there I just get anxiety. I see them in groups and I'm usually one of the few blacks in the place and I have this dreadful feeling that I don't belong there. Like they don't accept me or something. It's even worse with white girls. Much worse. I instantly feel like they think they are better than me; so much better than me to even look at me. I'm afraid I might be paranoid or something, since people don't go out of their way to treat me badly, they just kind of ignore me. I feel like a phantom. This got so bad that I have no courage to talk to white girls, for instance.

I don't know why I feel this way. Anyone experienced something like this?
>>
bump of loneliness
>>
You're living in a really racially polarized country right now. I'd suggest therapy.
>>
>>17759497

From what I understand this is pretty common. People always feel some level of uncomfort towards/among things they don't know and are unfamiliar with. If you haven't talked much with white women then they're a mystery to you. Similarly, there are plenty of white women who don't know a single black guy and feel the same way towards them. The only ay to really get over this is to talk and to get to know some. It's okay and nothing really to worry about, because it's an issue anyone can work on. The base line, as cliché as it is, is that all people are pretty similar once you get to know them. Some ate cool and some are shitty.
>>
>>17759497
What's wrong with black women? Stick to your own race, boy.
>>
Lynch yourself, nigger.
>>
File: 1456732379922.jpg (4MB, 3025x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1456732379922.jpg
4MB, 3025x1500px
>>17759497
I know how you feel. I'm not black, but I live in a mostly white town and whenever I'm out and about I always feel like I'm being judged and no matter how nice I am there is always this sense of rejection that looms over me. I don't really have an answer as to what you should do, but just want you to know that you're not alone.
The funny thing is that I have white friends in uni and we get along just fine. It's when I'm out in public where everyone is a stranger that I get this feeling. It's mostly the older people I get this feeling from, and once in a while people my age or younger.
I volunteer at a hospital, and often times I get to talk to older white people and in some ways surprise them with how I much I care and how nice I really am. When you are kind to people when they are at their worst then they'll likely remember you when they're at their best, or at least that's what I tell myself.
It's probably why I find the x-men series so much.
>>
That sucks OP. I feel you in regards to being an obvious outsider - I'm white but that's a minority here (30%) and less as you go more local.

People are definitely looking and noting your appearance (nigga with a dictionary!) but most of the time it's more of a passive acknowledgement rather than some statement of hostility.

The stuff about white girls/being a phantom sounds like some sexual inadequacy.
>>
>>17759655
But it's terrible to talk to someone while feeling this anxiety. And they never start any kind of conversation either, not just white girls but white guys too. They just seem so distant.
>>17759719
>The funny thing is that I have white friends in uni and we get along just fine. It's when I'm out in public where everyone is a stranger that I get this feeling
Exactly. I have white friends too and when I hang with them everything is fine but when we are in public and I see hipsters or upper middle class people I just get this awful feeling.
>>17759727
>The stuff about white girls/being a phantom sounds like some sexual inadequacy.
what do you mean?
>>
>>17759759
I'm white and feel the same way about rich people. Class war not race war, ok?
>>
>>17759497
>>17759719
American white guy here - it kind of feels the same way on the opposite side of these interactions. There's just a base level of awkwardness when you're around strangers of a different race, especially when you're the one who is "outnumbered." It just makes you a little uncomfortable. For me, it's honestly not fear or judgment or hatred, it's just this dumb animal reflex I have, that I'm very self-conscious of.

I'm not a bigot, this feeling pretty much goes away when I actually talk to people and get to know them as individuals. I know that good people and bad people can look like anything, I've had friends and coworkers and classmates and family members of all different races and cultures. The kind of "vague racism" I'm talking about is just around strangers.

Like, let me do my best to break down the difference in my thought process between sitting on the subway next to a white guy, and sitting on the subway next to a black guy: If I'm sitting next to a white guy, I don't think about him at all, and I'm not self-conscious of my own behavior. I just sit there comfortably and listen to music and ride the train.

If I'm sitting next to a black guy - I become weirdly self-conscious. I don't think "He's gonna bother me or do something bad" or anything like that. I think, "Uh-oh, I better not look racist. Let me make sure it appears like I'm just sitting here comfortably and listening to music and riding the train." It's just a slight awkwardness. Like, I might not put my phone back in my pocket after changing my songs, because I'd think "It looks racist to tuck away your valuables right after a black guy sits next to you." It's not that I think he's gonna take my phone - it's that I've been conditioned to know that a racist would assume that black people will rob them, so I have to make a little extra effort to make it clear that I'm not that guy. You get what I mean? Most of us aren't judging you, we're judging ourselves a little bit
>>
>>17759497
I am as white as it gets but I felt similar back in the day when I went out with my millionaire heiress girlfriend as a poorfag immigrant, it's much more of a class than a race thing. Specially when it comes to artsy stuff; where people tend not to give any fucks about race. (Although I am from Europe and the whole thing is definitely more problematic in US of A)

In the end, the majority of it happens in your head and if somebody actually does feel that they are better than you, it's a great reason not to value their opinion too much. (Besides it's fun to provoke this kinds of idiots)

The bigger issue is anxiety (and related to it confidence) ... the rule of thumb is not to view people differently based on a shitty criteria like gender or race. Who cares if they are white girls or black guys, they are people and should be approached the same.

So as much as it's hated advice around here: "b urself".
>>
As a /pol/ lurker this is all hilarious to me. You have it very easy right now, especially with the whole angry Trump art degree people. Quit overthinking it. If you really have to, bring a white friend.
>>
>>17759497
>white girls
Why do you want white girls so badly do you hate your race that bad?

I mean im not trying to put you down but whats wrong with black girls?

Just stop thinking about white people and how you can please them
>>
>>17759689
>>17759716
folks who should kill themselves found
>>
>>17759784
this, kek
>>
>>17759497
M8 I don't like niggers, but you aren't a nigger. I'm a /pol/tard, and even there noone hates people for the colour of their skin, but the way they act. You sound like a good guy, so don't worry about your skin mate, people can tell what sort of person you are pretty quickly, and they will forget as well.
>>
>>17761325
white guy here. white girls are crazy as shit but they are amazing, don't try to box this man's preferences because of your poorly conceived notions.
>>
>tfw white
>tfw no nubian princess gf
>>
File: 1472199749738.png (242KB, 642x2676px) Image search: [Google]
1472199749738.png
242KB, 642x2676px
>>17759497
Not really.
>>
>>17759497
People always like others, who are genetically close to them, it's biological. Why do you feel the need to hang out with white people anyway?
>>
>>17759497
Mexican here who grew up around a bunch of white folls, one of five colered kids in my whole elementary school growing up. I have a beautiful blonde blue eyed baby mother and have always gotten along well. The only thing ive notcied is being more relaxed and dont let those thoughts get you tense, you do belong bruh. White women love dark boys, thats a fact. And always be ready for conflict incase some white boy wants to get smart. Then your good to go
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.