[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>19 >Been a NEET ever since I left highschool, almost a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

>19
>Been a NEET ever since I left highschool, almost a year now
>School was so terrible for me all the years that I went that I did nothing but try to get out of it, spent every day crying and staring at the clock, waiting for the hours to crawl by so I can leave, just to do it again the next day
>Dreamed about the NEET life since middle school
>Get shit on and blamed for everything every day by my mom and little sister, but I take it and don't fight back because I just want to live in peace and I'm terrified of going back to that life
>Don't have an actual income, but any time I get money, birthdays, graduation, holidays, it all goes to my mom
>Sister gets a free pass to rightiously yell at me and tell me horrible I am without getting any blame because she's 15 and she's still in school so she's """contributing"""
>My mom scheduled government assisted college for January and I'm not happy but I'm going anyway
>Mom goes to meet with my aunt and uncle to hash out differences because they're Puerto Ricans and bound to have overly-dramatic family feuds for no reason
>They all agree that I'm a big source of stress for everyone
>I try my hardest never to hurt or inconvenience anyone, I just try to stay out of the way so I can live in peace
>They talk about how my little cousins are upset because I don't talk to them as much as my sister
>I'm so autistic and awkward when we meet up that I'm afraid to, and I just sit on my phone and wait to go home
>Everyone hates me and yells at me all the time and all I want to do is be a NEET in peace
>Just got finished being yelled at again by my mom when she came back from my aunt and uncle's

I'm not having a very good time.
>>
get a drone job and waste away your mental strength
>>
>>17759287
What is a drone job?
>>
>>17759253
>wahhh all I want to do is be carried through life without ever having to produce any sort of effort
>why is my family stressed about paying all of my bills and making me food until they die and leave me their house, and money?
>all I want to do is pretend to be a 12 year old on summer break for the rest of my life
>having relationships is hard, why can't I just ignore the people I have to rely on to live this glamorous pity filled life style?
>what do you mean i could actually get an entry level job with great advancement opportunities and end this spell instantaneously?
>what do you mean having co workers would give me that sense of dependency I've never gotten to experience before in my life because I've never done anything, and never been relied on to efficiently produce a product?
>>
fuck
>>
>>17759253
Sounds like you need to get angry with you family and quit being a pussy all the time, or all they will ever do is roll over you dude. You allowed this to continue by letting your family live man, now you gotta LIVE with it. College is not the answer... murder is......
>>
>>17759301
This is the shit I had to redpill myself on in order to get out of the NEET life.

OP sounds like he could use psychiactric help tho.
>>
>>17759473
I don't want to get out of my NEET life I don't want to go back to suffering
>>
>>17759477
Life is suffering my friend, suffering is all there is. Growing up means learning to enjoy parts in between.

Consider the effort a wild animal has to put into living, only to maintain its existence. Now juxtapose that with having a job, a savings account, and access to a supermarket. This is as good as it gets. And if you want to live, you will not be able to avoid suffering. What you're doing right now is quietly waiting to die.
>>
>>17759253
You just got bad luck with the family lottery man. Don't be ashamed of your situation. It's a societal taboo that not having a job makes you a "bad", "lazy" or whatever person. It's not an actuality. Just take your time and if you really are a huge burden on your family then make plans to one day right the wrongs with your family in whatever way you can contribute. Don't let the hate comments from people here or with your family rattle you. We all know low end jobs aren't worth it at the end of the day unless you absolutely need one to survive I don't blame you for your slow pace, especially after a hard time in education.
>>
>>17759488
Thank you.
>>
>>17759488
>low end jobs aren't worth it at the end of the day

What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>17759488
This is exactly the kind of candy assing that is going to never get this kid laid.

Get a low end job
Make some fucking friends at it
And get on with your lief.

You know what your dad was doing when he was 19? I bet he was making money, fucking women, and could run a mile in 6 minutes.

Where are you at now that you're 19? Broke, living with mommy, still a virgin, couldn't walk a mile in 20 minutes.
>>
>>17759522
>>17759524
Predictable responses. Look at these philistine drones skipping to the beat of societies current zeitgeist and taboos, OP. One day jobs as you now see them will be irrelevant as the age of AI and computing approaches, and then what will you preach as your purpose? You're apes on a ball of rock, my friends, and even in this day and age there's far more than one way to reach the finish line and be happy when you do so. You needn't sleepwalk through life obeying the will of everything and everyone you hear.
>>
>>17759290
Office work, callcenters and such.
>>
>>17759477
Your life is clearly suffering already. You're looking back at your uberneet years with nostalgia glasses
>>
>>17759572
We will all be dead by the time actual AI gets introduced.
>>
>>17759607
Sounds like school but worse.

>>17759612
You mean summer vacation and things? Yes, I do think of those as the best parts of my life. I am suffering right now, definitely, but not as much as I did in school.
>>
>>17759253
i dont agree with being a neet if you're going to rely on other people for income but your family are handling it in the wrong way for obvious reason. my dad can be the same as your mum but he has calmed down over the years.

i understand how you feel. i was a neet for about a year and a half from the age of 19. i was depressed because someone betrayed me and it fucked me up for a little while but after about a year i got incredibly bored and decided that i needed to do something and turn my life around so now i am in uni. now im in uni, and i hate it, i was really positive going in but it is the complete opposite than what i expected. all anyone cares about is drinking and taking drugs. im surrounded by people that constantly talk shit about others and the teachers are liberals

im not against taking advantage of the system if there are only shit jobs available and living off benefits (at least in my country) because the government chooses to ignore actual problems like corporations costing the state 70 billion through tax avoidance and we produce more than enough resources anyway. people on here will say "meh, you will want to kys". nah, there are tons of people on my estate that live on benefits their entire lives, and they have fine social lives, some do cash in hand work on the side though. op, what you need to do is sort out your anxiety issues because that sounds like your biggest problem. go to counseling and socialize more.
>>
>>17759524
>Get a low end job
>Make some fucking friends at it

the only decent people at low end jobs are students, and they are too young to relate to once you get to about 21+. the rest are plebs
>>
>>17759620
technology advances so fast now a days. think about how much phones have changed in the past 10 years. it wont be too long until they have robots that can work the shit jobs
>>
File: Social Anxiety (Yume Nikki).png (501KB, 945x675px) Image search: [Google]
Social Anxiety (Yume Nikki).png
501KB, 945x675px
>>17759253
>I try my hardest never to hurt or inconvenience anyone, I just try to stay out of the way so I can live in peace
It seems like your conflict-avoidance is the problem. You might think you're doing them a favor, but there's a chance that it'll have the opposite effect because of how everyone else perceives it.
I used to do the same thing until I realized how much I'm hurting my family. I think the only way to carry this mindset out without any harm is to move out on your own. If you intend to live with family that doesn't understand your thinking, you might as well make some changes in your life to obtain another kind of peace you can settle for.
>>
>>17759741
>the only decent people at low end jobs are students

Complete bullshit there lad. You'll find a lot of decent people at low at jobs who aren't students very easily. Hell if at anything it's harder to find decent people in low end jobs who ARE students because they aren't so caught up in other bullshit and can actually afford to talk to you.
>>
>...she's still in school so she's """contributing"""
>They all agree that I'm a big source of stress for everyone

To be a NEET, you have to have someone to support you 100% of the time, clearly your family can not support you. You'll need to make some changes in your life to help yourself, and I think college can do that. At least college is an excuse to continue to be a NEET for a little longer until you're officially kicked out of house and home.
>>
>I try my hardest never to hurt or inconvenience anyone
Yet here you are doing just that by being a fucking NEET. You're contributing absolutely nothing to either society or your own fucking family.You never had a job. You never experienced having to pay bills and having to pay taxes. Or making your own money and making your own choices. If you experienced any of this you would understand exactly where your family is coming from.
You might feel like the "victim" in all this but really you're just a spoiled, selfish, lazy asshole and you're shielding yourself from the reality that is the real world and deep down you know this is true.
>Anon, you're being a bit too harsh
I'm being real.You know I was in the same boat. Was depressed all throughout middle and high school and became a shut in for a few years after graduating. With my mom having to take care of both me and my younger sister by herself. It wasn't until I finally decided to get a job and found a passion to strive for, when I realized "wow, this shit is pretty fucking hard. I can't believe I've been making my mom do all this for me when I could have done it myself. I was such a selfish degenerate asshole that's been taking her love for granted". Everything I'm telling you is what I would tell my younger self.
You need to go out and become somebody. Be your own person. Find something to strive for. If all you really want is to be a fucking shut-in then find a way to do that on your own accord and not by mooching off from your family. You're a grown up now so its about time you fucking grow up.
>>
>>17759488
>>17759524
This is the kind of candy assing that isn't going to grant this kid success. Regardless of whether we're gonna have droids replacing us and especially because we're gonna have droids replacing us we're gonna have to work hard to stay alive in this outsourcing market. That's never going to change. You're always gonna have to work hard to get what you want. If you're just settling for the same job for decades without ever trying to move up then that's your fault, not societies'. You may have all the time in the world but the rest of the world isn't going to wait for you. Go out there and be somebody.
> When I was in first grade, I was told "You have no home to go back to. That's why you have to work hard." I knew that I was on my own. And I didn't want to have to sleep at the temple or under a bridge so I had to work just to survive. That has never left me. I worked even if the boss kicked or slapped me. Nowadays, parents tell their children, "You can return if it doesn't work out." When parents say stupid things like that, the kids turn out to be failures.-Jiro Ono
>>
join the army or something. worked for me, until i got out. once i figure out how not to be a NEET in the civilian world i'll let you know.
>>
>>17759524
ya and his dad also grew up in a time period where a guy at McDonalds could afford a single apartment and go to college without too much hassle, kys faggot
>>
>>17759524
kek what a dipshit
>>
>>17760731
and get into debt. why not just get ripped and get a decent labor job like the post office where you can meet new people and find new frustrations.
>>
>>17760847
>clearly projecting years of malice and deep regret
your gentrified personality is showing.
>>
>>17761414
Yes I'm projecting years of malice and deep regret because that's exactly what I feel. There's nothing good about mooching off your family with security if you're not helping in any kind of way. Its selfish and depressing. The NEET life is a very depressing one and from just reading OP's story there's deeper issues this guy has to sort out that's not gonna be solved by just continuing to be a NEET. Whether he likes it or not, his family is going to force him to man up.
>>
>>17760847
How did you get a job being a neet? Did you go to college?
>>
>>17761222
What did you do I pick my job tomorrow..
>>
>>17759253
I love your undertale pic OP
>>
>>17762226
That's a very ugly bait, friendo
>>
>>17762246
Eat my cock you fucking spic
>>
How I went from NEET to productive member of society

I got a job that paid minimum wage.

It was just that easy.
>>
>>17759253
Give college a chance. Your parents payed a lot of money to buy you that. Why aren't you happy? It must be boring to be home alone every day. Don't you miss being challenged? Jump out in it OP i'm sure you won't regret it. A college degree is very good to have also if it means that you have to stress about it but think about it this way: would you rather work a minimum wage job the rest of your life and end up poor and with a broken body or would you work a job with a good pay and live the good life?
Start right now, figure out what you're problems are, talk with a therapist, until January get a part time job, work out, eat healthy etc. I'm not saying it will be easy but people in College are not as mean as people in High School. And if somebody bully you? Don't take it personal. Keep working and fighting. Don't let small people determine how you look at yourself. Good luck OP go to college and save yourself. it's not everyone who has that opportunity
>>
>>17762252
I'm Asian.
>>
Don't go to college OP it's not helping you to grow up. Unless you know what you want to do later on or study something that's getting you a job instantly it will only lead you into being even more dependent on your family and you will feel the guilt every day. I once thought I would learn to know what I wanted to do after going to college, but thats not how it works. If everything you want is a peaceful independent life, then you should get some shitty 40h job, where you still have the chance of getting higher up (e.g. McDonald's). I know people that went that way and they were much happier than I was.
>>
>>17762181
I went to college for a semester and dropped out because it wasn't for me and I believe college is only worth it if you're going for a profession that's actually worth it (like being a doctor and etc.) You don't need college to move up in the world. And the easiest way to move up is through the people you know. At least that was the case for me. My first job was as a busser and I got that job because my mother worked for the restaurant for a very long time(15 years) and she used that to convince the managers to give me the job. I was a good kid and worked hard. I got on all the manager's good side and bothered no one. Worked as a busser for a full year and then I decided to try to move on to server. GM was reluctant because I was one of the few decent bussers on the team that wasn't a lazy prick. But I continued to constantly hackle and challenge her to promote me (I was in a position where they really couldn't afford to fire me especially if I'm one of their top guys). Gathered all the other managers to be on my side and convince her to go ahead and promote me.
Two years later of being a server I try my hand at moving up to bartender. Its hard as shit to move to bartending if you're either not certified or inexperienced. Decided to spend my spare time studying on the craft and got extra friendly with one of the managers who were a bartender prior to managing. When I felt confident and ready I impressed him and convinced him to get the other managers to go along with training me as a bartender alongside serving. Now here I am close to my 2nd year as a bartender.

I guess the things I learned from all that, that could possibly help you is
>Its not what you know but who you know
I basically got my first job through my mother. Honestly if it wasn't for the fact she was a valuable employee they would have rejected me like any other candidate.You could possibly see if any of your relatives/friends can put a good word in for you and get you hired.
>>
>>17763541
The difference is OP is a lazy faggot that wants to coast through life. You really think anyone he knows will put in a good word for him when they already don't like him?
>>
>>17763541
continued
>Constantly try and try again to move up
If I had stopped hassling the gm to promote me it would have ended right there. Nobody is just gonna look at you and decide "hey you know what. I think I want to promote you!" You can't wait for these things to happen. You have to go for it. If a relative can't hook you up, constantly apply and apply again until you get a job. And don't just apply to one place online, leave it at that and just wait for a possible call back. Most likely your application is on a stack of other candidates doing the same thing and they never even take a look at your application before already deciding on someone else. Call them up the next day and ask to take a look at your application. Go to the place in person and tell them to look at your application. Make them see you first before anyone else and you'll stand a much better chance even if you've never had experience. And you'll get hired much faster then if you were to just apply and wait.

>Make yourself valuable
Once you do get a job you'll have a lot more power if you hold yourself up well and prove you're valuable (even if it is a low end job)Time and experience will grant this as well as good work ethic. The more time and experience you have. The more valuable you are. And then you can use this to advance yourself.
>>
>>17759253
>Poor me I'm such a little victim, I wish I could find a little barrel inside my little room where I could crawl inside and live the rest of my little life gradually filling the barrel with my little tears until I drown myself

Get a fucking grip
Highschool is over
Yuo are stessing out everyone
People aren't responsible for you anymore, you aren't entitled to free support, you don't negotiate going to college. You go to college or you get out the door
>>
not op , but 18 here with somewhat simillar situations except im still in senior yr of highschool and family isnt that bad, single mother makes it worse, how can i get a drone job?
>>
>>17763541
How is being a bartender? I've always liked the idea of it but my girlfriend says I'd be shit at it because you have to care about empathizing with people and that's how you get paid. She says I'd do much better as the bouncer at a bar but I've heard people get murdered every day doing that kind of shit.
>>
>I try my hardest never to hurt or inconvenience anyone
Quite the opposite it would seem.
>>
>>17764014
People skills will definitely help but really you just have to be able to deal with people. You're gonna be in front of a stand of people and the bulk of your work is gonna be dealing with them and serving them.You'll have some people come in and talk to you(or each other) and you'll have to converse back.(Not as much compared to a female bartender I'd say. If you're a female bartender you definitely need to be able to deal with people. Especially the thirsty fuckbois) But that's gonna happen when you have a bunch of strangers drinking alongside each other. The environment is a bit more social. But what you really need to have is the ability to multi-task and work in a constant pace. If you can keep a fast momentum for a whole 10 hours then bartender might be your kind of job. I love keeping a momentum while working and not stopping so this job has suited me nicely so far.
>>
>>17764014
>>17764205
And with all this the pay is completely worth it. The money is insane. You can walk out making $250 in just one night. Even more is possible if you're really good or really lucky.
I don't know much about being a bouncer but I'd imagine you'll definitely have to be able to be at risk if things go wrong and you have to physically deal with someone.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.