[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started trying to talk to this cute girl in my classes a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: pretty girl.png (755KB, 601x706px) Image search: [Google]
pretty girl.png
755KB, 601x706px
I started trying to talk to this cute girl in my classes a few weeks ago, and I've only really talked to her when we're both alone waiting for our first class of the day.

I barely speak to other people, but I'm not so scared to just talk to random people either, I'll do it all the time in classes. But for the life of me, I get super nervous around this girl cause I like her. I start murmuring to myself and shit, and I just come off as weird probably. I try my best to talk to her, but fucking hell I don't know if she's interested or not. I feel like she isn't since I have like no self confidence, but I know for certain most of our conversations aren't me asking questions to get one word reply answers, but they just don't feel right. I mean, from what I can gather listening in on her shit, she's not the one to always begin talking or telling stories, her friends are, and she responds, and she does that pretty much when I talk to her.

"Hey, you sign up for classes for next semester yet?"

"Oh yeah I did, I signed up yesterday actually"

"Sweet, I know we're in the same major, do you know anything about these two classes that are required but I can't take? I forget the name of one, but the other is General X."

"Oh, that's only offered in the Fall semester, do you know the name of the other one?"

"Uhhhh, fuck no I can't remember it, but it's probably the same reason."

Too long, posting reply with second half of post.
>>
>>17757981
>Continued
And right after this, silence. Like, dead silence, neither of us talking, and then I fucking start whispering to myself like I'm retarded or I'm Brick Heck or some shit. And like, these answers may seem long, but they're kinda short or something, something just feels off and I don't know what it is. Her friend usually shows up and talks to us now too, and she asks questions and I feel like the cute girl is just totally detached. I mentioned we didn't have to go to class the next few weeks cause of schedule changes, and the cute girl is just like, "Oh yeah same here". I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it.

But despite all this, I've still talked to her the past few classes, and the last one she even said hi to me first. I noticed that I'll catch her looking at me more often, it being passing through buildings to get to class or just noticing her quickly look at me from across the room in one of our other classes. So it's not like I'm forcing it, she is acknowledging me now, so the fuck is with this?

Should I keep talking to her? How do I stop being retarded and actually hold a conversation with her?
>>
>>17757981
Blah blah blah
Get to the Bones of what you mean first, young nigga.
>>
>>17757989
You mean like starting the thread off with what I mean?
>>
>>17757997
In all communication, know the core of what you want to get across to others, and think of how best to do that. Everything else is secondary fluff that on text medium can only discourage potential readers; no one cares about the miniature details and backgrounds.
Be direct to save everyone's time.
Which wasnt intended to be, but thats also a cure for ur lil trip on this girl. Just focus on directly expressing exactly what you want, how you want it.
Straight on. That way if u brancg out in a direction u dont like, ur more aware of the fact that its U doing it. Ur in control.
>>
>>17758003

Ight, I'll probably make another more direct thread then. It's just, it's hard for me to explain how I feel about this situation. I feel like she's not interested and the conversations feel like they're cold, one word responses, but no, they're actually not. It's hard to explain.
>>
>>17757981
Relax. You're doing fine. What you are describing is two shy people both trying, awkwardly, to make conversation. Here's a big secret - two un-shy people aren't a whole lot better at it at the beginning.

Stop kicking yourself and don't give up and declare yourself a loser so quickly. Since you talk mainly before class, you have a natural opening to say something like "We don't have time to really chat here. Would you like to get together later? I'll buy the coffee."

You've got loads of things to talk about - you just have to both relax enough to get past the one-sentence barrier. Ask how she likes the class you share. Tell her your favorite or least favorite thing about it - that might inspire her to give her favorite and least. Tell her why you chose this major, what you hope to do with it, what future classes you look forward to or dread.

(What you're doing when you do that is implicitly asking her questions without sounding like an interrogation.)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.