[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good hobbies to pick up? I'm trying to learn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: loneliness.jpg (58KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
loneliness.jpg
58KB, 650x487px
What are some good hobbies to pick up?
I'm trying to learn new things to get out of my personal slump.
When I'm not working (full time), I play video games, surf the net, and lift weights during my free time.
I will admit that going to the gym is feels good and I enjoy playing video games; however, I feel empty in life...

Context, I'm 27 years old and live with my parents.
>>
>>17757812
Paintball
Snowboarding
Fishing
Hunting
Etc.
Etc.

Find the one you have the money and willingness to do. Paintball was awesome for me because its basically IRL vidya but its very expensive
>>
>>17757812
THE MASS CONSUMPTION OF MECHA SHOWS
>>>/m/
>>
>>17757812
> motorcycle riding
> guitar playing
> sports
> rock climbing
> martial arts
> etc

Manly attractive hobbies
>>
>>17757824
Paintball sounds fun, but it might be difficult to find other people around my area that play.

>>17757847
That's certainly an option.

>>17757858
I loved playing guitar when I took a class years ago in my early 20s. I might have to relearn everything, but I've done it before! I can do it again!
>>
video games and weights are what I like to do as well when I'm not busy with school. Which is almost never lately. It's been a brutal semester.

Martial art would be another suggestion. Keeping active is good and perhaps another way to meet people.
Pick up a new language? Means you'll get to meet new people also learning or willing to teach it.
>>
>>17757812
Rock climbing
Dancing
Cooking
>>
>>17757812
cycling, maybe even build your own bike out of spare parts
any instrument
collecting something
if you got more money on your hand motocross maybe

dont you have any friends that have cool hobbies? ask them to try it out and maybe you will find a liking to it
>>
>>17757877
No, a lot of them just watch anime or go to parties/bar hopping.
Actually, one of them hosts meetups.
>>
>>17757812
Do something that involves being among others. Team sports, some non-academic class (cooking?) at a CC, volunteer work, etc
>>
>>17757858
>>17757871
>rock climbing
Wasn't that popular a few years back.
I wonder why it got big.
>>
>>17758935
It's a good combination of social and exercise without being competitive or requiring specific time commitment like team sports.
>>
>>17759776
An odd choice, but I'll consider it.
I would consider parkour, but orange county doesn't have buildings clumped together...also, I'm (semi) out of shape and afraid of heights.
>>
skateboarding is a good one because it's relatively cheap and easy to get into. if you're worried about injury, plenty of safety gear to choose from. you don't need a certain time of year for it, and you can skate in most places.

like others have suggested, you can build your own board too, which can in and of itself be fun.

you can also stop whenever you want and still go to shops and stuff (e.g. you can't do that with rollerblades, or a bike). you don't have to take anything off necessarily (if you're only cruising, you don't need safety gear), and don't need to find somewhere to put it. just carry it with you.

portable, easy, fun.
>>
learn an instrument or torrent fl studio and download free drum kits
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.