[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be 19 years old >never went to parties or out much (or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1456158334179.png (80KB, 316x300px) Image search: [Google]
1456158334179.png
80KB, 316x300px
>be 19 years old
>never went to parties or out much (or at all) throughout highschool because of social anxiety
>want to get a social life, but the few times I've went out to do social things, in the timespan of 5 hours I get up to 4+ calls from my parents
>if I'm out past 10 PM, my parents give me a concerned and stressed "Where are you?!!"
>if I stay the night, they will call me up to 10 times and also try to get me to come home
>they also think I don't go outside by choice and not because of social anxiety, and they are proud of the fact that I don't have a social life because they think a social life is harmful

basically, how do I get my parents to stop treating me like I'm 14? it's not very glamorous to have your parents call you multiple times when you're out on your own, especially if you're a fully grown adult
>>
>>17757320
I'd also like to add that I'm a male (but I feel like they're treating me like a girl who needs to be protected)
>>
Sucks to suck. Join the military
>>
I've been in your place, OP. Don't answer their calls, if they call the police and they find out your safe and sound they will probably be so embarrassed they'll stop calling. That's what happened in my case at least.
>>
>>17757340
i'd like to do this, but I feel like I'm stressing them out and giving them anxiety, making it harder on their aging as well. I'm pretty sure their level of worry is abnormal, to the point of generalized anxiety or something, because I have generalized anxiety issues as well (that I probably got from them).
>>
>>17757350
Tell them you have the urge to be your own man. If they're good parents they'd understand.
>>
My parents are sort of like that. Moving out solved everything.

In order to move out, I had to have three roommates, live paycheck-to-paycheck, and temporarily wipe out my savings, but honestly, it was fucking worth it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.