[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it tragic that as an 18 y/o I'm only really familiar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0999.jpg (197KB, 1401x788px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0999.jpg
197KB, 1401x788px
Is it tragic that as an 18 y/o I'm only really familiar with music like pic related? What does this say about me as a person?
>>
Low IQ and low self-respect. Fix your taste ASAP.
>>
>>17757319
Please elaborate. Literally explain this to me like I'm five. Why is my taste intrinsically bad and indicative of stupidity, why must I fix it, and how?
>>
>>17757313
It means you're an annoying, pretentious hipster
>>
>>17757334
I don't loudly flaunt it, in fact I kind of cover it out of embarrassment. I enjoy a lot of modern stuff that I hear in clubs and don't have some sort of pathological aversion to it btw, I just struggle to keep up.
>>
>>17757346
stop worrying about it.
stop taking yourself so seriously.
people make a big deal out of it, but superficial shit like music taste has nothing to do with compatibility with friends or significant others.

this post is embarrassing, not you music taste.
>>
>>17757313
Surely you can find something better to listen to than the rolling stones
>>
>>17757313
Is that pierce the veil? I saw them at warped tour cause my bish made me go. As a person, id see you a female or feminin male.
>>
>>17757313
You have shit taste in music. The Beatles are overrated as fuck and for plebs. The Animals were better. Hell, even ELO is better.

Quit being a bitch though and listen to whatever the fuck you want. I listen to Phil Collins/Genesis at work and you can hear it in the entire warehouse. Sometimes I jam Hall and Oates.
>>
>>17757459
you are more embarrassing than OP
jesus fuck
it's subjective. you're not as cool, unique, or intelligent as you think you are.
>>
>>17757313

That you are a idiot who doesn't have his priorities straight.
>>
>>17757474
Projecting 101.
>>
>>17757507

He is not wrong. Taking pride in your music taste is like taking pride in your favorite clothing brand or food.
>>
>>17757512
>thinks taking pride in things is wrong

Sad...
>>
>>17757519
taking pride is fine, you're just obnoxious af about it. Also, it's a pride in something you didn't even make, which I always found semi-weird.

>>17757507
well aware that I'm average- doesn't mean you aren't too.

The dumbest person in the room is usually the one that thinks he's the smartest/
>>
>>17757531
>implying things

The dumbest person in the room is usually the one who assumes things. Thanks for playing.
>>
>>17757534
your post was abrasive, argue about it however you want. None of that shit for real matters.
>>
>>17757313

dont give yourself a humblebrag

> I JUST DONT FIT IN WITH TODAYS GENERATION XD
>>
>>17757519

Taking pride in the accomplishments of others is wrong. Do try to keep up with the conversation.
>>
It means you have restored my faith in humanity.

Most 18 year olds are listening to TYRONE feat NIGGAWHUT4000 and Taylor Swift.

If you like the Beatles I assume you are into 60s/70s music as a whole? If so, that is awesome. Be proud of your musical tastes. You have as much right to love the Beatles as other morons your age are in to Bieber
>>
>>17757313

Yes, The Beatles are awful
>>
>>17757313
It says that you have good taste, a sense of history and an awareness that the world didn't begin the day you were born.

Anyone interested in ANY art form has to have a sense of its roots and history. How can one tell whether a new artist is any good without knowing whether he's original? How can you understand what an artist is doing without knowing his influences?

And how shallow and empty one's appreciation and enjoyment of anything must be if it doesn't include at least an awareness and respect for what came before?
>>
>>17757459
Beatles are extremely over rated. Yes they were a decent band but nowhere close to earning the fame they now have.
>>
>>17757578

It's fucking art. Music is art. Are we not allowed to talk about our taste in art with our peers?

Get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>17757313
>What does this say about me as a person?
You're an underaged faggot who think that musical preferences say anything about a person.

Also you're limiting yourself pretty bad.

>>17758210
How did you get from that to "taking pride in listening to A instead of B"
>>
People don't give a shit about what music you're into unless they have nothing else going on in their life or you're an ass about it.

t. Metalhead

>>17758210
>Are we not allowed to talk about our taste in art with our peers?
Good example of being an ass. Enjoying something is very different from being prideful about it.
>>
>>17757313
>Is it tragic that as an 18 y/o I'm only really familiar with music like pic related?
Kind of, there is so much good music around. To only be familiar with about one kind of it is tagic, yes.

>What does this say about me as a person?
That you should go and discover some more music. I'm not talking solely about the general mainstream shit. Just really go dig in all different kinds of music, see what you like and dig deeper in those kinds. Could be any type of metal, could be psychedelic chill-out, could be classical music. You could like all of the above, like I do. I fucking love music and I think you would too, and you're severely missing out if you're only listening to the Beatles.

Here are some random recommendations in various genres:
Emancipator - First Snow
Shpongle - I Am You
Opeth - Hex Omega
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Massive Attack - Angel
Pink Floyd - High Hopes

I envy you, you can still discover so much brilliant music.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcmylxQ0ma4
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.