[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help. I've been severely depressed and have had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 120429-400x300-WithoutAFace.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
120429-400x300-WithoutAFace.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
I need help.

I've been severely depressed and have had anxiety and social disorders since I was like 12, and I'm pretty sure I've got high functioning autism, though I never looked in to it until this month when a friend of my mom's came over and he asked her if I was autistic when he thought I had gone back to my room.

I'm like 90% a shut in and I only ever leave the house when it's 100% necessary for me to do so. I seem to fit most of what I can find online in regards to HFA, too. I'm only now seeking medical treatment for my depression because I feel that i'm being forced to and that it's now 100% necessary for me to do so.

How do I even begin to find a doctor for this shit? How do I tell them that I'm afraid that my depression and antisocial behavior is a part of HFA? I'm afraid that no one will believe me because I never sought out medical help before and because of my current living situation.

What do I do?
>>
Social skill is exactly that, a skill.

You've got to practice them until you improve.
>>
>>17756452
Best autism indicators show in the early years and carry over into adult life through various abnormal mannerisms (i.e being a shut in, awkward as fuck with people who aren't complete weirdos, watching horrible anime in adult life, voting for hillary..)
Were you loud as shit as a kid? Screaming all the time, jumping for no damn reason all day, kicking your feet at for long periods for no good reason, needing to make a certain sound or sounds randomly...
>>
>>17756452
Depression includes that fear of reaching out. It's really simple anon. You make an appointment to the doctor and tell them you want to be screened for autism or other mental disabilities. If you qualify you might be entitled to some free government $. It's worth a shot, and you'll feel a lot better with some help on your social skills and such.
>>
>>17756567
None of the symptoms you listed are real specifiers for autism. They sound like what a *channer thinks an autistic behaves like.

And while yes, autistic kids can be loud/assertive (ADHD kids and conduct disorder kids can also be loud and assertive and make echolalia/tourette's-esque tics as well), autistic kids can also be quite shy, or 'active-but-odd', the most famous presentation.

It's difficult to say whether or not someone is autistic in adulthood. There are differential diagnoses like schizoid PD. You would have to go to a behavioral therapist who can monitor basic things like eye contact, obsessive speech, tics, etc. that would point toward a developmental disorder.
>>
>>17756614
I mostly just bullshitting but off my experience, (My step sister has down syndrome and my brother in law has autism) the biggest things I've noted about him are the jumping, kicking, and screeching. Sometimes his words get very jumbled up. He's obsessed with Minecraft and can't put it down and gets super hostile if you try to take it from him even for a minute.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.