[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wether I'm walking the dog, watching netflix or out partying,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: come_on_boy.png (147KB, 383x383px) Image search: [Google]
come_on_boy.png
147KB, 383x383px
Wether I'm walking the dog, watching netflix or out partying, I can't help but think about how things would be if my ex was with me. How do I stop doing that?
>>
Help
>>
>>17756316
How long ago was the breakup? It should get better after some time.
>>
>>17756612
Like over a year. Fuuck.
>>
>>17756316
Find someone better, its hard but its possible
>>
Oxycontin
>>
>>17756625
It took me 23 years to find the last one, so I can't really rely on that as a direct solution.
>>
>>17756648
Nah nigga.
>>
>I can't help but think about how things would be if my ex was with me.

I think that you need to find something interesting that you can engage with, because you're just spending your free time thinking "what if?". Imagine that man that spends all his time thinking "what if I had a million dollars!?" compared to the man that spends all his time earning that million dollars.

Basically, this is a complete luxury for you with no grounding- you're free to imagine as you want and live out any conclusion. Basically, you're keeping yourself hooked on her by thinking about this all the time. That's not grounded in the present, but it's grounded in the past. Stop thinking about it and move on.

Hence get hobbies and such. You'll feel better, think less, and have a more enjoyable lifestyle.

Also;

>It took me 23 years to find the last one, so I can't really rely on that as a direct solution.

Finding someone else isn't a solution, it's just a way to avoid the problem.

And it didn't take 23 years to find a gf. The first 16 years of your life do not count, most of the time you were shitting yourself or learning how to count. Even then, we have 7 years, in which you were probably doing a multitude of other things. This is more a problem of perspective, but be more positive and optimistic, don't phrase things to sound deliberately stupid and bad.
>>
>>17756713
I have hobbies, a job and a social life. The difficulty for me is even when I'm being productive and proactive, I'm vividly imagining her with me. It brings me comfort, actually, but also a lot of pain.

You're partially right about the 23 years thing, I should apply a different perspective to it. I suppose I phrase it like that because I was able to communicate with my ex in ways that I couldn't with anybody growing up (or as an adult), including friends and family. She had an emotional intelligence and selflessness I've never seen before. I took advantage of it though and pushed her away.

My belief is that people like her are very rare and it's even rarer for them to engage with emotionally dysfunctional people like me. That's why I sound like such a defeatist when it comes to the time it took to meet her.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.