[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i manipulative? I often alter my speech when speaking to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_o2eon4hRF71tiyoguo1_500.png (344KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2eon4hRF71tiyoguo1_500.png
344KB, 500x417px
Am i manipulative?

I often alter my speech when speaking to others to get them to like me more.

example.
>texting friend
>about to send message saying:
>hey i dyed my hair
>changed it to:
>hey i really wanted to tell you i dyed my hair

I think letting them think i was thinking about them boosts their self esteem. The boosted self esteem reflects their positive thoughts to myself. Plus i guess i want them to feel good too.

another example:
>texting different friend
>he send me selfie asking if hair is too long
>about to send
>nah its fine
>change it to
>i think you look nice the way it is

I often bring up topics people have to told me so they feel as though i care about them, which i do.

example
>talking to friend
>"oh yeah i remember you told me something how was it"
>or
>"did you do the thing you talked about"

I do a lot of things to try to get people to like me but I actually do want them to feel good too.

sorry if im being confusing. thank you for your time.
>>
Everyone pretty much does this, it's just basic social skills. You're just overthinking it. You're not outright lying, you're not trying to trick them into doing things for you, you're just being considerate of their feelings. Doesn't really sound manipulative to me
>>
you polite little normie
>>
>>17756224
this
>>
everyone's manipulative at all times. Some are just good at doing it intentionally, like you.

Just don't use it for evil.
>>
>>17756239
>Some are just good at doing it intentionally, like you.
i think i love you.
haha.

see the thing is, i often do this to guy friends i want to attract or that i know are already attracted to me, even if i know i dont actually want to date them. im leading them on for no reason. i dont really do this to my friends that are girls cause i dont want their romantic interest. im my normal kinda bitchy self around them.
>>
>>17756260
That just makes you a narcissist (or a troll) and people see through that pretty easily. Most "manipulative" people are mad transparent, really
>>
>>17756260
Eh, it's a good position to be in realistically. From a guy's perspective, I see a lot of girls act like this. They're just trying to keep options as options. No need to rush shit while you can test the waters, right? Just be glad you have the option to do that while you aren't committed to anything. That you're concerned about it, means to me that you're a step away from having the self-awareness to stop it when it's causing problems. Just keep an honest eye on what you're doing.

Unless these guys made out of paper or like to jump the shark with this shit, you aren't gonna break em.
>>
>>17756260
>i think i love you.
haha
There you go doing it right there lol

And too an anonymous person on 4chan no less, yeah I'd say you have problems
>>
>>17756214
The difference between having social skills and being manipulative is weather you use your social skills to make people do things for you constantly
>>
>>17756263
>narcissist (or a troll)

You don't know what either of those two things are, or you're one of the two falseflagging.

Probably the latter.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.