[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm with a great girl. Educated, sexy accent, attractive,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: Image(481).jpg (65KB, 700x401px) Image search: [Google]
Image(481).jpg
65KB, 700x401px
I'm with a great girl. Educated, sexy accent, attractive, and a nice surprise: an absolute tiger in bed.

She is deeply religious though. She won't waste her time with a non Catholic. I was raised Catholic, but for all intents and purposes am an atheist. I bent the truth and told her that I am open to raising a Catholic family (its gotten serious by now). I really don't feel the religious fervor in my heart in church, even with her encouragement and an open mind.

The other problem is that I changed my plans for her. She does not like me fighting (I do muay Thai and kickboxing) and wanted to spend a year in Holland and Thailand each, which took years of living frugally and discipline in the arts. I am getting old but this would be my last chance to do this.
Tl;dr do I change/fake it and marry a Catholic girl OR live my dreams. Its not both.
>>
>lies
>panics when things go too far
You deserve this
>>
>>17755940
When we met, I had discussions with her on religion. She knows my opinions on this. Were together because I agreed to try. In trying, doesn't work. She said she's in love with me, vice versa. I didn't think it such a big deal...
>>
>>17755954
If she's as serious about her religion as you've said, then she's going to want a Catholic wedding, and to raise your kids Catholic, potentially sending them to a Catholic school. Is this okay with you?
>>
>>17755964
I do want a family too. I always wanted to raise children to come to their own conclusions about faith. But they will be brainwashed with her. I love her. I do. I just can't wrap my head around this. I don't know how to answer your question. In at a loss
>>
>>17755976
That sounds like you're not okay with living a Catholic lifestyle, even though you led her to believe you were. This really is something you need to sit down and talk to her about, but from my perspective, this is either going to mean you give up both your hobbies and live how she wants you to, or lose her. It doesn't sound like you're going to be able to have your cake and eat it too. I do think it was an inevitable outcome of how your relationship has proceeded so far, but you're past the point of no return now.
>>
>>17755985
You're right anon. I haven't been completely honest with her, although I made sure to choose my words carefully with regards to that as I don't like straight-out lying to her. I still have a conscience and respect her.

From my perspective I have been the one to make changes. I started going to church again. I quit my gym. I stayed in town instead of getting a cushy job in a nicer city where all the pro level gyms are at. I take Spanish classes. I go to dancing lessons with her.

She is worth the changes though. Some changes benefit me too. But I will talk to her. I would like to convince her to give our children the chance to make their own decisions. No religion until puberty, when they have some reason developed.

Thank you anon.
>>
>>17756013
>From my perspective I have been the one to make changes. I started going to church again. I quit my gym. I stayed in town instead of getting a cushy job in a nicer city where all the pro level gyms are at. I take Spanish classes. I go to dancing lessons with her.
Those changes don't really go to the heart of your issue though. Your issue is the religion aspect of your relationship, not the changes that you have made. It sounds to me like you're trying to use these changes you've made to 'make up for' your lack of honesty about being Catholic, but instead, if I'm being honest, you're coming across as pussywhipped because those things have nothing to do with what the actual issue is here.
>>
>>17756020
What I'm trying to say is there isn't compromise.

Anon, you're right. She is a headstrong person. She is actually the boss of the relationship. I am pussywhipped. I bend over backwards for her, within reason of course. I will die before I get cucked or will beat another man to death if she thinks she can cheat on me. But other than that, she's a killer in bed and she is great in every way, except religion. Like I said, she's worth it.
>>
>>17755976
>But they will be brainwashed

> I was raised Catholic
You got out of the mindset, who's to say they won't too?
>>
>>17756060
Like I said, sit down and talk to her. But if it's between her and living your life how you want to, then you're going to have to make a decision. It won't be easy, but it's something you'll need to seriously think about
>>
>>17756069
True. Its not a big issue. Its a couple of hours on Sunday. Prayer at the dinner table. Its just...the action of it. I try to be open minded, but it all just seems...silly.

The human condition is a fucking paradox man.
>>
>>17756079
I will talk to her. I will think about this too.

Thanks anon(s). You guys really make 4chan tolerable.
>>
>>17755936
>She is deeply religious though
>an absolute tiger in bed

the fuck is she having sex before marriage then? that is called fornication and a sin. catholic girls are hypocrites
>>
She'll always chose religion over you so youll have to sacrifice your beliefs and maybe your principles, besides your dream. You may think it's worth it, you may think she's worth it and she may very well be. But these things, these sacrifices you have to make stack up on your nerves. It's quite possible that 5, 10 or 15 years from now you will grow too annoyed with it and decide it's not worth it anymore. Especially since the relationship will grow old and at least a little staler, you'll be more stressed as you have children and so on.

One of my principles is that no person should come before your dreams and goals. Not your girlfriend, not your best friend, not your mom. But that may not be the best approach for everybody. Try to be objective and answer these questions:
Will your relationship last despite your differences?
Are you fine with the idea that you have to sacrifice your dream for her?
Does she make you happier than pursuing your dream?
Keep in mind that most relationships fail. I'm not saying that the answer should be "no, she's not worth it", just that most of the time that's the answer but we're too blinded by our feelings to see it. There are exceptions and you may be one of them, but then again everyone thinks they're the exception.
>>
>>17756098
Haha yeah. She's not perfect. If she were more devout I wouldn't get laid. But they have the sacrament of penitence. Whatever sleep em sleep at night I guess
>>
>>17756120
I have been through lots of changes in my life, reinvention. I have my conquests, goals deferred and hard earned triumphs to be proud of. I also want a family. Traveling to the fighting Meccas was just my way of saying " fuck adulthood. Fuck aging."

I respect your ideals anon. Go be great out there.
>>
>>17755936
>Educated
>She is deeply religious
Kek.

Faking it would be absolutely ridiculous so follow your dreams, faggot.
>>
>>17756158
B/ro she is a graduate student in STEM in an American university in a very well funded laboratory. Her pedigree is no joke. I just defended my dissertation from that same uni, albeit from another professor.

These are science pedigrees, as in who your PhD advisor and mentor is, not sillyass birthright pedigrees.

She's educated but she is brainwashed deep.
>>
In my opinion theres a decent chance the religion issue can become a problem later in life and lead to a breakup, especially if you have kids, and especially if you have an unplanned child. I wouldn't give up your dreams for a girl that might not stick around
>>
>>17756175
That's nice and shows that she's not retarded, hell even intelligent when it comes to a certain thing but just being good at one subject doesn't make a person educated.

Besides doing hypocritical stuff like fucking before marriage, it's weird how being with you didn't help to get rid of the brainwashing.
>>
It stands out to me that none of the good qualities you mention about her touch upon either her character, the connection you have or how she shows her love/support for you in the relationship. It boils down to her being hot and having a good degree, like a pedigree dog.

Maybe this has to do with your own priorities as opposed to her person. If not, reconsider whether this is really what matters most for lifelong commitment.
>>
>>17756191
...fuck man. You're right. Being so intuitive, im impressed. Although you don't know us. She says that she was delightfully surprised that I was such a romantic. She says that I have everything I was looking for except the devoutness. We struggled through graduate school together. We make a great team at school and at home. We have had lots of ups and relatively few downs. So yeah. Her one compromise was giving a heathen like me a chance, although I am not without my charms and virtues
>>
>>17756216
Okay, that's cool, but do you feel like you could tell her anything? Like she brings out the best in you and motivates you to grow as a person? Do you feel more at ease, more alive or more appreciated around her than around anyone else? Does she feel like home? Do you think she would make an amazing mother for your children?

Don't get me wrong, from everything you describe it's a good, solid relationship. But I don't think that's necessarily enough to choose to not want to be with anyone else in life, particularly when you are both still young and will have to sacrifice serious dreams in order to achieve that. Basically, is this a relationship you find is just really good overall, or is she the woman of your dreams?
>>
>>17756247
Perhaps my feelings cloud my thoughts or that I haven't really thought about it, maybe a little bit of both. I have to think about this more.
I will also talk to her after mulling it over.

I want want to thank you all for your insightful perspectives. I really needed to bring this all out and discuss it with some anions.
>>
>>17756282
No problem at all, and yeah I think it's a good idea to both reflect upon it for yourself and discuss anything you feel the need to with her. Good luck for now!!
>>
>>17756175
wow an AMERICAN university?
SCIENCE?

joke aside I have little doubt she's educated

I'm first year math grad student in a top university (ranked 3 in Topology, 2 in Discrete and combinatorics, ranked 1 overall in math) and from what I've seen religious devotees have impressive focus and mental discipline. I've witnessed this guy go through Spanier's algebraic topology just by sitting at the table and flipping page to page. People like this are likely to succeed in theoretical topics.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.