[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should you try in life to become really good at something you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Should you try in life to become really good at something you enjoy doing but have no talent for
Or should you stick to the things you're talented at even though the activity feels unrewarding most of the time and you'd rather not
and you feel like a SELLOUT every day?

senpai..
>>
Both are good. They each have their own satisfaction. It is probably more satisfying to follow your heart than to follow other people's advice.
>>
>>17755446

depends. what do you enjoy doing but arent talented in?

what are you talented at but dont feel so rewarded by?

tell us the story?
>>
There isnt a clear answer to this. It depends on how much money each of those things can make, what are you life goals and how much comfort and luxury you want.

Generally, I'd say that if you can make a decent, pleasant living with the thing you enjoy you should go for that. But if you can make A LOT of money with the thing you're good at it's worth considering. For instance, if you really make a lot of money (300k+) you will be able to invest it and retire after a decade or so and at that point you will have a steady income without working so you can do whatever the fuck you want. But you'll still have to work for years or even tens of years doing something you don't enjoy. There's pros and cons to either choice, you have to decide which looks better for you. I for one went for the thing I'm good at and wins me a lot of money so I can "retire" as soon as possible and I don't regret it. But that's just because I want to be a filthy NEET for the rest of my life, maybe you have other goals and desires.
>>
>>17755630
Naturally good at: STEM
Want: Humanities

Pretty much.
>>
>>17755831

what aspect of humanities. dont be vague.
>>
>>17755835
I'm in a bad mood right now excuse me for not being talkative.
All of them desu but mostly I care about Western philosophy, deep analytical stuff, metaethics and philosophy of science. I think that sums it up nicely.
>>
>>17755915

>im not being talkative

then dont ask for advice.
>>
>>17755989
Yeah no. People are free to give their opinions on my abstract OP and you can suck a cock. Later nerd.
>>
>>17756012

>yeah no, people should just go out of their way to help me

no.
>>
>>17756028
Yes you egoist. Believe it or not people have stories to share on this subject even if both of us are lacking in that department!
>>
>>17756028
What a pathetic reframing attempt btw.
>>
>>17756028
that's what this board is for you mouthbreather

why do /b/tards come on here and just use this board as an extension of /b/? Don't you have your own home to shit up?
>>
>>17755446
The latter. You need money more than you need good feelings.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.