[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm having pic related (not mine) for about 10 years now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I'm having pic related (not mine) for about 10 years now on my bottom teeth - they came after braces. From wear and tear, it's loosening, food gets stuck behind it all the time, anyway it's a general pain in the ass for me. It seems to me that they're kept in place by a sort of gum.

Because of severe autism i guess, going to a dentist is not an option. Can i remove this myself or would that be a bad idea? Why? How?
>>
please dont
>>
It's a permanent retainer. It keeps your bottom teeth in place. One time mine came loose when I was a teenager, and my dad, a dentist, used some pliers and yanked it out. With that being said, don't be a fucking idiot and just leave it be.
>>
>>17754769

Permanent as in forever? If i recall correctly, i was told as a teenager that it had to be there for like 10 years or something.

Well one of the sides is completely loose and stabs my mouth it's absolutely fucking annoying. Just gonna try and pull it out and make my teeth great again
>>
>>17754784

No, you idiot. The retainer is there to keep your teeth from shifting all over the place. Removing it will undo years of work in a matter of weeks/months. The gum just chipped away, it happens more often than you think. Just go to the dentist/orthodontist and they will replace the gum and make everything smooth again. I go to the orthodontist for this like once a year.
>>
>>17754784
As far as I know they will take it out if you have to get a crown in this area, but if you are over 21 then it should not cause any problems since you most-likely won't grow anymore. If you take it out by yourself, then the glue will still be in your mouth.
>>
I got mine out with my tongue and then ripped it out
The glue is still sorta there though
>>
OP here

I can add that all 4 of my wisdom tooth grew in an angle towards my other teeth. Based on a picture taken ~12 years ago, that was the last time i went to a dentist. She told me they all had to be removed.

I didn't like that plan. Since this wire keeps them together and my wisdom teeth pushes them together, i don't think the wire serves much purpose.
>>
>>17754955
lel your mouth is fucked retard

The angled wisdom teeth have probably destroyed the roots of the adjacent teeth, which requires a doctor visit. go show your mouth to dentist you sorry beta manlet waste of space.

I'm sorry for all the dentists because they have to work up with scared retards who delay everything till it's too late.
>>
>>17754991

I would be glad to have them pulled if i could shove them up your ass dear sir
>>
>>17754696
Yeah I used to have one on the top and bottom sets of my teeth right after getting my braces off in freshman year of high school. The top bar started to feel loose early in college and I complained that it was poking me so they snipped off a portion before fully removing the top bar 2-3 years later

the bottom one is still on their like a rock and I honestly forget it's there at this point

if you haven't had braces for 10+ years I highly doubt your teeth are moving in a significant way but im no doctor
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.