[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today I had a huge fight with my fiance. Ill quickly run through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (37KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
37KB, 658x662px
Today I had a huge fight with my fiance. Ill quickly run through a summary of what happened.She wants to have a separate personal bank account for herself even after the marriage to "guarantee herself" and she promises it will never affect her actions or our relationship. It was our biggest fight to date, and she was very very very angry when I said we must have a common bank account, to the point that she swore she will stop working once we marry. Im trying to replay what happened in my mind, am I in the wrong in insisting on us having one bank account once we marry? Pic unrelated
>>
>>17754385
This is one of those. She will see you are right in the future things.

Once you have to keep reminding her about bills and needing to transfer funds she will change her tune. Just don't be a dick about it or she will make it a pain in the ass forever.
>>
>>17754394
No. She wont pay any bills, she says she will have her account separate from mine to spend on herself, but that I cover household expenses, she just spends on herself. I felt like shes being selfish about the situation
>>
>>17754385
Wife and I have three accounts. Joint that both of us contribute too and most of the money and bill are paid from. She has a personal account and I have a personal account and any extra we both have goes into that account. How we spend it is up to us individually.
>>
>>17755133
Pretty much the ideal solution.
>>
>>17754385
As far as the initial issue you should have 3 one for you, one for her and one shared. The shared one should have all shared expenses come out of it ( Power rent etc.) And you should both contribute equally to it. the other 2 should be your personal accounts for your personal shit.

As far as the fight is concerned. I dunno you haven't given us a lot to go on. I would say take a deep breath and try to address the issue and not the emotion. Emotions are messy and if you can try to be rational and reasonable she might not get so angry. She also might still be just as angry but an angry sensible solution is better than none.
>>
You don't need to always share a bank account. Whats wrong with having 2 personals and a joint one thats for bills? Literally nothing.

There are a lot of ways to handle money in a relationship, and none of them are a one size fits all right way. If she wants her own account, then fine. Let her have one. That doesnt mean she shouldnt contribute to bills.

Me and my husband dont even have a joint account. He gives me x amount of dollars out of his paycheck and I put it into my account, since I handle all of the bills. There have been no issues in 5 years.
>>
>>17754398
>No. She wont pay any bills, she says she will have her account separate from mine to spend on herself, but that I cover household expenses, she just spends on herself.
Hold up, why are you letting her contribute nothing to the household?

Why does it matter if she has a job or not if she's leeching off your ass either way. It's a worthless threat.
>>
>>17754385

Get a prenup drawn up by a competent lawyer friendo.
>>
3 bank accounts

1 for you
1 for her
1 for both of you with expenses for house, gas, whatever

I fail to see how people can not understand this
>>
>>17754398
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?
Seriously why would you consider marrying someone that cares that little about you and your opinions?

Fucking abort and run now
>>
>>17754385
Pic much more related than you think it is.
>>
>>17755295
OP is likely well-off and desperate for a partner. Gold diggers love that. It means they get a free ride through life.
>>
File: uF8phQX.jpg (12KB, 224x240px) Image search: [Google]
uF8phQX.jpg
12KB, 224x240px
My wife and I have a joint account which my salary goes in to, and that's "our" account. We also have an invidual current account each with seperate banks, so that if anything goes wrong, ;ike fraud, lost card, or payment system error we can still access some money quickly. I've got £3k sat in mine, no idea what she's got in hers. She has access to all of my other accounts (savings, investment, pension etc) so that if anything happens to me she can get to the money and look after the family without having to wait a year while everything goes through probate - she doesn't work, so if I crash my car and die it's game over for her and the kids without my money.

To be perfectly honest with you, if you don't trust her enough to have her own bank account, you probably shouldn't be marrying her in the first place.
>>
>>17754385
You are being an idiot. You can both have separate accounts and joint accounts. She deserves her own space with her own money. That is only natural and healthy. This is not a big deal but you've made it into a huge issue. Just fucking deal with yourself
>>
>>17755354

Cumdumpster detected.
>>
>>17754398

Don't marry her. She is a selfish person.
>>
>>17754385

it really is nbd shes just preparing for the inevitable divorce, and if you are to the point where you arent comfortable with her h aving her own bank account that it causes a fight, THERE WILL DEFINITELY BE A DIVORCE.

im not saying you shouldn't get married, cuz it could be a long time coming.

but let her have her own bank account, do finances together and just make sure you each pay your fair share.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.