[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do if I like my friend but want to stay friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1477263971284.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477263971284.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
What should I do if I like my friend but want to stay friends with her and don't want to risk that by making a move?

I want to embrace her as much as I want to talk to her and hang out.
>>
>>17753875

decide what is more important: being friends, or the possibility of romance.

then act accordingly.

>but how do i know!!?

there is no real answer. its literally just what you feel. its going to be conflicting.

my advice? just make a move. best case scenario of trying to be friends is that you sit there and let it fester inside of you for months or years but you cant let go of the feelings and then they explode out when its far too late and everyones time was wasted.
>>
>>17753875

>What should I do if I like my friend but want to stay friends with her and don't want to risk that by making a move?

If you want ALL of those things at the same time?

Do nothing.

That is your only option.
>>
>>17753898
Say I grow a pair and do ask her out or flirt, if she rejects me what should I do to try to stay friends?
>>
>>17753906

>if she rejects me what should I do to try to stay friends?

No, but thats ok because you're not even friends now.

Having romantic feelings for someone and using "friendship" as a cover for being close to and interacting with them is not a friendship. You aren't friends.

Cool, huh?
>>
>>17753890
That is an extremely hard decision, I can see myself very happy with her but she's one of two people I've met that have made me feel comfortable with my "face" off. The other decided to cut me off and while I still cherish the memories of the friendship that really fucking hurt.

Maybe I can find someone else and still be friends with her, a part of me doesn't want to do that but as I've tried to say this friendship is meaningful to me.
>>
>>17753917
>Cool, huh?
Not really, it makes me wish I was either asexual or had the answer to a question I haven't asked yet, this is like hell.
>>
>>17753924

maybe. but then yu're just trying to fill a void of her and thats not gonna help either. you need to deal with your feelings here.

my advice? try not to get too close with women as friends. or at the very least, not attractive ones. but even then the reverse situation can always happen.
>>
>>17753931
>my advice? try not to get too close with women as friends. or at the very least, not attractive ones.
That would've been a mistake here, she's given me an entirely new perspective on my life and I'm glad I decided to be this close. I wish I didn't end up liking her in the way I do but at the same time maybe this is a good thing, maybe I should just ask her out and maybe something fantastic can spark. Maybe that chance of something fantastic is worth the risk of sacrificing something great.

If worse comes to worst then I'll have my memories of the friendship and the fact that I at least tried. I think I'm going to go through with it.
>>
>>17753981
On second thought, I'm still kinda anxious about it.

What would you guys do in my shoes?
>>
we already told you what we'd do in your shoes.
>>
>>17753875
Just do it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.