[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 25 and still have acne, and have tried everything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: asd.jpg (70KB, 291x435px) Image search: [Google]
asd.jpg
70KB, 291x435px
I'm 25 and still have acne, and have tried everything.

The only thing I can think of now is that my showers are too hot. I love hot showers, but I know that they dry out my skin. But I just can't handle lukewarm, it feels too cold! Do most people shower in lukewarm water? How does everyone handle it, especially in the winter?!
>>
>>17753813
surveying this thread because I too just cope with acne
>>
you've tried a dermatologist?
>>
>>17753825
yup, gave up after about 6-7 years of trying different products and medications
>>
>>17753827
you're telling me prescriptions didn't work?
>>
>>17753813
Real talk I used to have so much of that shit but I stopped drinking juices and soda and incorporated 30minutes of jump rope and my acne stop showing up
>>
File: b&a.jpg (211KB, 1600x447px) Image search: [Google]
b&a.jpg
211KB, 1600x447px
>>17753813

>i tried everything

I really doubt it. did you try accutane? pic related is me.
>>
>tfw no one is answering about showers
>>
>>17753844
not op but what was your experience with accutane
>>
>>17753857

unbelievably great. i took it for only 3 months before I had to stop for unrelated medical reasons, and the transformation went so well that they dont want me to finish the treatment (though I can always go back and do it again if the problem returns).

i cant recommend it enough. its changed my life. i found a combination of topical solutions that made me look like the 'after' pic, but i was still obsessively applying them, morning, noon, night, watching what i eat, not sleeping face down, never ever touching my face, adn god forbid our chins collide during making out or sex, id have acne the next day.

with accutane you dont have to worry. just invest in an expensive moisturizer (i was surprised to realize how little the cheap moisturizers actually do) and a LOT of chap stick or aquaphor.

also id invest in wet wipes, it does dry your ass out a bit.
>>
>>17753876
I have just a little bit, plus red skin that won't go away and a little scarring. Think it's worth?
>>
>>17753891

depends on your age and history. it was worth it for me, but you saw my 'before' pic. even when my skin was 'good' i was obsessive, my life revolved around trying to not upset my chin.
>>
>>17753813
Have you tried...not putting anything on your face? I didn't have acne when I lot of people I knew had acne (15-19), but when I turned 21, oh man. I tried everything I could think of to make it go away, and nothing worked. It got to the point where I was spending way too much money on acne products.

Fast forward 3 years, I decided to try dropping everything. I had nothing to lose anyway. The only thing I did was splash my face with wet water twice every day and gently pat my face dry with a towel. After a month of doing that, I saw a significant improvement. I'm almost certain that my skin is sensitive, and putting all that shit on my face was making it worse instead of better. Could be the same case with you.
>>
>>17753813
everyone has different experiences with acne and with what works. eliminating dairy and taking fish oil once a day cleared up my face incredibly. keep trying!
>>
File: woh.gif (2MB, 499x352px) Image search: [Google]
woh.gif
2MB, 499x352px
Hot water opens pores. Cold water keeps them tight "closed". Just fucking Google search it asshat. Wah no one knows the effect of water temperature on skin??? God people on this site are pathetic.
>>
>>17753813
>>17753818

Trying putting trichloroacetic acid on your face, but don't scar your face with it.
>>
>>17753813
And for fucks sake wash off your face with some cold water to close your huge hot pores back to normal, so you don't get bacteria and dirt in them after washing it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.