[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>25 >Spent 7 years getting a degree >Mostly for my parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: trump.png (435KB, 580x385px) Image search: [Google]
trump.png
435KB, 580x385px
>25
>Spent 7 years getting a degree
>Mostly for my parents
>Don't want to pursue a job in the field I'm studying (Journalism, lol)
>Want to go into a trade, either pipe fitting or electrician

How do I do this without upsetting my entire family? Everyone was rooting for me to get through school, so if I just do a job that doesn't need school, I'm afraid of getting yelled at.
>>
>>17753746

>how do i magic without unmagicing my magic

you dont. there is no magic option that makes them just not care.
>>
>>17753746
>I'm afraid of getting yelled at.

You can start by growing the fuck up.
>>
>>17753817
why do /b/tards spam the generic 'le grow up' advice as if it improves anything but their own shitpost count?
>>
>>17753746
I don't think there is a way around it.Why did you spend 7 years for something that you are not interested in, though?
>>
>>17753823

t. someone who still sucks daddies dick so he wont yell at me
>>
>>17753832
To make my mom happy, mainly. I mean journalism did pique my interest because I have the mind for it. I'm genuinely inquisitive, and I like to learn a lot of trivial things just to know them. It's how I found the trade business while working security part-time and just talking to people.

It's just not a job I want to do, day-in and out. Meeting deadlines, writing stories, interviewing people who have prepared answers and are trained in "dealing with the media". It all feels so staged. I didn't realize how much I didn't like it until I did it.

But now I'm on the cusp of graduation. I can't just back out now.
>>
>>17753854
>>17753838
can you both go back now

please?
>>
>>17753823
Because the dude's an immature idiot for choosing a degree he doesn't like and that likely won't even get him a good job. Spending his parent's money while he's taking ages to graduate. He's then afraid of making a decision for himself for the first time in his bratlife and stand up for it because "he might get yelled at." How fucking spoiled can you be. What is wrong with the new generation of fucking spoiled brats men.
>>
>>17753854
Well, how about you do the journalism for a while till you get a bit more distanced from the family, start your adult life and stuff where you call the shots and in the meanwhile prepare for the trade business thingy.
I think it's a bit better than calling it quits from the start.If your parents get upset just tell them you will return their college money in time or something.I don't know if i was useful or not
>>
>>17753866
Well I'm still gonna graduate. I only have two months left.

I paid with my own money, so I'm not worried about owing them anything. I just don't want to disappoint anyone. Because my whole family really pushed for me to get through college.

They bought me a laptop, gave me a car, housed me. All so I could get through school.
>>
>>17753746

stop being such a faggot and just do what you want anon. You cant live your life like that, trying to please others.
>>
>>17753746
>Spent 7 years getting a degree
>Don't want to pursue a job in the field I'm studying (Journalism, lol)
you dug your grave
also journalism doesn't just cover news careers
>>
>>17753865
>Spoiled
>Still going through all the trouble of 7 years of studies that don't even interest him

Doesn't add up
>>
>>17753880
I know. Writing is a broad skill that can apply to many fields. But I don't want to do it as a profession. I live in the Bay Area. I'm not gonna survive on that wage.

At least, I don't want to play the renting game until I'm too old to work don't have any assets.
>>
>>17753873
Housing you is what a family is supposed to do.I think you need to have a talk to them and tell them that journalism isn't making you happy.They might get disappointed but they will get over it.It's your fault for not realizing it sooner.But if you can still find ways to work and have a decent income, i don't see what the problem is.Just stand your ground.It's your life, not theirs.Just llive it they way you want to so you won't regret it later.The best time for a change was 7 years ago.The second best time is now.
>>
>>17753746
>7 years

>journalism

what a waste of time
>>
>>17753746
Get the degree, then go to a trade school
>>
>>17753886
And you think a trade will make ends meet? NOTHING is going to make your ends meet where you live. You need to get the fuck out. Take a job. ANY job you can get with your degree, somewhere that isn't California. Work it for three years, save up every dollar you can and then re-evaluate where you want to live long term. At that point you have experience under your belt and can make career changes. Right now you have nothing and are nothing. You have to work your way out of that.
>>
>>17753746
I have to ask you, how did you spend 7 years pursuing journalism? Are you in graduate school?
>>
>>17753885
That's like the epitome of spoiled
He did it to not cross his parents, despite the insane cost of 7 years of school. Even community college gets pricy at that point.
>>
>>17753886
>I live in the Bay Area. I'm not gonna survive on that wage.
Nobody does, that's why you should move out of the bay area. You don't have to live there.
>>
>>17753746
In this market, they should be happy someone is doing a fucking trade job lol
>>
>>17754292
Nah he's in special ED
>>
>>17754298
Anon, I don't think you know what that word means.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.