[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Violin or piano? I've been playing the violin for a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1434469342867.png (620KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1434469342867.png
620KB, 1920x1080px
Violin or piano?

I've been playing the violin for a few years. At the moment I have three violins, but someone may buy one of these soon. I really like the piano, and I'd like to buy a digital piano with this money, but I also think it would be a good idea to buy a better violin.

What should I do?
>>
Do you already have a piano?
Why do you even need 3 violins. It's not like they come in different standard tuning, the timbre is just slightly different.
As a lutenist it makes sense because there's renaissance tuning in C, as well as a bass variant, and there are theorbos and baroque lutes. They come in different sizes and string numbers which can make certain repertoire much easier.

I would sell the violin and get a digital piano with midi function. Would be great to change the sound with so much freedom.
>>
>>17753226
I've always wanted to play the violin. How does it feel?
>>
File: CAM00429.jpg (55KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00429.jpg
55KB, 480x360px
>>17753343
>Do you already have a piano?
No. I never played a piano. I just like the instrument.

>>17753343
>Why do you even need 3 violins.
It's just because the violin I have is not of the best quality.Pic related: the violin I'm usin atm

I've been looking at some auctions at eBay and a few seem very nice.

>I would sell the violin and get a digital piano with midi function.
I don't know anything about pianos.
I saw this one http://kurzweil.com/product/mps10/ in a store nearby and it feels good, they didn't sell it with the fancy stand but with an X-shaped stand.

>>17753359
I wouldn't know how to answer this.
I'm still a beginner so I am not the best person to answer either.
>>
piano is much more versatile, you can play fuller arrangements of songs by yourself because you can play melody and chords at the same time

ive never played violin but ive played fretless instruments and theyre hard as shit to get the correct pitch consistently, id go for piano but violin is also cool
>>
>>17753538
yes
you can play pretty much anything with a piano
>>
>>17753226
If you're a beginner try piano first.Then do violin.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.