[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv, i'm 22, drawing in a drawing school and whenever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1478847803190.jpg (473KB, 600x1875px) Image search: [Google]
1478847803190.jpg
473KB, 600x1875px
Hi /adv, i'm 22, drawing in a drawing school and whenever a drawing is bad i'm really embarassed and i do my best to hide it to my classmates because i don't want to appear incompetent

Also i don't have the guts to draw what i want to draw because i'm afraid of what others might be thinking about me

To be short i'm afraid of being myself and afraid of others thoughts. How do i stop being a little bitch?
>>
Human beings are selfish creatures that could not give two shits about anyone else further than it affects themselves.

Your life is meaningless and will be forgotten.

No one cares that you exist, so exist however you want to exist. Draw what you want.
>>
>>17753195
That's true, thanks, i'll keep that in mind and i hope it will help (i think it will)
>>
>>17753189

You are attaching your ego and your self-worth to your work.

It is good to feel a sense of pride an accomplishment, and pain and failure when doing a work.

However, you constantly need to be outside yourself when it comes to your work. Be objective.

What is your goal when creating the work? Is it praise and applomb, a pat on the back, recognition? Then all you are is a hooker looking for a John.

If you want to be the best drawer, then you need to expose yourself to criticism constantly. CONTSANTLY. otherwise you'll forever be a second-rate hack.

Does this process suck? Yes. Absolutely. But if you want to be better you have to tough it out. Your ability to become a better drawer comes solely down to the choices you make. If you constantly run from challenges and criticism then your choices will reflect in the poor standard and quality of your work. If you embrace them you will suffer but your work will improve.

Whatever your choice, own it, and don't blame others for it. That's loser attitude.
>>
>>17753202
I don't think i totally agree with what you said

exposing yourself to criticism is important, but most of the time people complain without really knowing what's the problem.

And is craving recognition really that bad? Isn't it natural?
>>
>>17753189
everything is serious when youre starting out because youre figuring yourself out. give it some time, keep getting better, try different things, dont quit and eventually you wont care anymore and it will just be fun
>>
>>17753238
Well i'm at my fifth year in that school and it didn't get any better... The pressure is still there.
>>
if you would draw what you want to draw there's a good chance your work will improve right ? you'll enjoy it more which will reflect in your drawings
>>
>>17753189
>How do i stop being a little bitch?
Logic.

Others will always judge, they will either judge your sucking or judge you for doing something you want. The latter is preferable.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.