[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found benzos in a drawer. I live with my boyfriend and today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1308a-500x500.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1308a-500x500.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
I found benzos in a drawer.

I live with my boyfriend and today I discovered a mostly used blister pack of oxazepam at the back of a drawer we keep medical stuff. It's from another country, which makes sense as he's foreign. It's prescription only there, too but the last year we visited he's been with me, so they're likely to be old.

I'm worried he might be abusing them - he doesn't have any mental issues or has mentioned anything he would need them for. He used to (and still occasionally does) have problems with drinking excessive alcohol when alone at home, and I'm wondering if he's using them with booze? How would I be able to tell?

What should I do? I'm scared he'll try to bullshit me if I confront him in a few hours when he's home. But if I wait and see if any get used, he will have time to hide the pack - it wasn't there before.

Do I have reason to be worried? Is their abuse or use particularly harmful?
>>
My bf was fully dependant on benzos when we first met and to be honest, it was pretty obvious. He's a well adjusted person, works very hard but developed a dependency on them after a death in the family and just never stopped.

He started to ween himself off them (his choice) and now, four months later, he very rarely takes them. He has done incredibly well and I'm so proud of him, but it wasn't easy.

If your boyfriend does have an addiction to these pills, the best way to approach it is to ask him directly. Don't judge, don't tell him he has a problem and needs to stop, just say you saw some pills and wondered what they were for. If he wants to elaborate then he will.

Some people manage to use benzos as and when they need them, without developing an addiction. However when they take hold, it's very hard to get control again and the withdrawal symptoms are horrible.
>>
>>17752885

What a nosy bitch.
>>
>>17752917
I'm glad it worked out OK for your boyfriend.

I will ask him about them, but I really don't think he will be honest about it if he is using them recreationally... I doubt he has, or even had, a prescription. It's driving me crazy because earlier this year he almost ruined our relationship with his drinking, so I'm a bit sensitive when it comes to possible dependencies
>>
>>17752918
We share the rent, and I discovered them accidentally. And I deeply live my bf and am concerned about his addictive tendacies
>>
Oxazepam is used to treat alcohol withdrawal. A doctor likely prescribed it to your boyfriend with the intention of weaning off liquor.
>>
>>17752885
You mean you were just going though this belongings? Just because you live together doesn't mean you can go though everything he owns. It's his property.

Stop being a nosy. I left a girl because she went though my wallet when I was asleep, He should do the same
>>
He prolly has to take benzos to deal with your bitchass
>>
>>17752992
Hahahaha, it's a fucking open packet of pills in a 'communal' drawer when I was looking for some specific vitamin tablets. It required zero snooping.

>>17752970
I heard they could be used for this, but knowing him, it's hard to believe he went to a doctor about drinking.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.