[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been calling the center for mental health of my university

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 91f.jpg (27KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
91f.jpg
27KB, 550x366px
I've been calling the center for mental health of my university for 3 weeks now and they keep telling me to call them back because they have no more room. They told me to call today in the morning but they booked everything for the week in 15 minutes.... Now I gotta call them Monday morning. I'm getting tired of hearing the same thing over and over. Are psychologists really worth it? It's only $25 for uni students. I'm not suicidal but I feel like I'm watching my life go by and I'm only 22. I'm still a virgin, never had a gf, practically have no friends at school except lab partners. I still haven't beaten my social anxiety. I don't want to die but at the same time, I wouldn't mind dying by accident. If I go elsewhere, it'll be too expensive. Should I still try to fix myself on my own instead? I'm lost.
>>
>>17752651
Maybe they don't care because you haven't said anything about being suicidal.

Tell them that and they'll make room in a second.
>>
>>17752652
I don't wanna abuse the system. Are you telling me, it's the only fucking way to get in? They have a special telephone line for suicidal people.
>>
No, they won't just fit you in if you're suicidal.

One of my friends had a legit mental breakdown, like babbling in tongues, and tried to get my other friend to kill him by threatening his family.

It was extremely, EXTREMELY unlike him and we all could see. He tried to get help when he came to, but they wouldn't see him because he did not have a violent history.

Pretty much psych wards in general are extremely difficult to get into if you're not rich enough to have a private one
>>
>>17752651
Next time you call vocalise your frustrations. Tell them how not giving you access to help is really bearing down by on you.
You Americans and your mental health.... You guys seriously need a better system
>>
>>17752681
I'm canadian but I get your point
>>17752674
I'm not trying to get into a psych ward, just tryna seek the help of a psychologist. Did your friend ever got the help he needed?
>>
>>17752651
I'm assuming you're a guy.

In any university in North America there are very few students that do not take mental health serious. Honestly talk to your friends or acquaintances. People are always willing to help, I can almost promise they are in the same situation as you.

If you're able to ask strangers for help on the internet I bet you can do it in real life.
>>
>>17752651
Tell them you are fucking hugely suicidal
>>
>>17752651
Show up at their door opening time Monday.
>>
>>17752720
No he didn't, and he cut all contact from us afterward.

Damn shame, he's a genuinely awesome dude.
>>
Hi I'm back thanks everyone for the advice. I've always relied on the internet whenever there was trouble. I sometimes try to open up to my friends but they can't give me the help a professional could. I talk with my brother too but it's only venting. I feel like I don't change after. I barely see my friends anymore and when we do it's to play magic cards. I can't ruin the mood and just keep talking about my issues. Besides, most of them don't know true solitude, they've got or had multiple gf's. I'm gonna call back monday and if they say to call some other time, I'm gonna unleash the beast within.
>>
I would give everything to be normal and fuck around like everyone else my age. I'm scared of intimacy and invest myself emotionally in any woman who gives me a little bit of attention. So I always end up disappointed. I asked out a few girls in the past but it seems like they only agreed to see me out of politness. They see me as a friend because my intentions are not clear enough and I'm too scared to make moves. I'm scared of rejection. It's another friday night and another weekend alone just like always. I'm so tired of being a ghost. I'm tired of myself. I really hope seeing a shrink will help.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.