[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to cut off the Internet from my life, how do I do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1478813213727.png (122KB, 296x299px) Image search: [Google]
1478813213727.png
122KB, 296x299px
I need to cut off the Internet from my life, how do I do it? It's doing terrible things to my mental health, I get really stressed out just by browsing. Yes, I know this makes me sound like a pussy, but I'd rather be a pussy and don't feel like shit all the time than otherwise.
>>
Also I just realized this might have come at a bad time because of the election, but it really has no relation, I've been having this problem for a long time and I haven't even been following the election (since I'm not American and I don't really care)

I'm not getting "triggered" or something stupid like that. I just feel bad when I browse the Internet, even completely innocuous shit.
>>
i don't think you can cut it out of your life completely. it's just not practical anymore. but you probably need to fill your time with other activities. *active* hobbies, friends, etc.

recently i picked up skateboarding. i skate on the weekends now, instead of just mindlessly browsing the internet and watching shitty youtube videos.
>>
>>17751356
That's an interesting trigger, browsing what? There are a few addons you can use which completely block certain websites. Friend of mine used it to block facebook.
>>
>>17751373
Yes, I've thought about something like that. But it's just so hard to pick a hobby from scratch when you have no groups or friends that can get you into it, doing it by one's own self is hard.
>>17751376
Something like a feeling of wasting my time, of worthlessness. I guess it's more of a feeling towards myself than to the Internet now that I think about it, although I do find most content on the Internet abysmal.
>>
>>17751386
You could try to change what you view to be more educational. Look up things you hear about during the day, wikipedia and history articles.
If you still want to cut it off completely, then find a hobby you can engross yourself in.
>>
>>17751356

>I need to cut off the Internet from my life

Call your internet provider and say "I'd like to cancel my service please"

There you go. Problem solved.
>>
>>17751386
yeah, it is hard. but you gotta do what you gotta do. when i picked up skateboarding i went to the skatepark really early in the morning when nobody else would be there to practise a bit. i did this for about a month. randomly found out someone in a group that i see once a month was also learning to skate. now we practise together on weekends.

but now that i've gotten more confident, i just skate wherever and i can do it all the time now.

PICK UP SKATEBOARDING. it's fun, and you will look super cool :^)
>>
File: 1477489103411.jpg (22KB, 429x645px) Image search: [Google]
1477489103411.jpg
22KB, 429x645px
>>17751356
I feel wonderful when I browse the internet, and I feel terrible when I speak to others in the real world.

I need to cut myself off from reality, how do I do it?

I'm not poking fun at your post; I'm serious.
>>
>>17751871
Qualify for and work a remote job, get food delivered to your place via amazon or something similar.

Buy one of those wall projectors that makes it look like you live next to the beach, like in Minority Report.
>>
You could replace the time you usually spend browsing mindlessly with reading a book.
>>
>>17751356

have you tried cancelling your internet service?
>>
>But it's just so hard to pick a hobby from scratch when you have no groups or friends that can get you into it, doing it by one's own self is hard.

I think that you have to think long term about this and that you have to 'learn' how not to use the internet so much. Personally, I find that waking up early and exercising is a great way to stop me getting hooked on the computer all day.

The trouble with the internet is the cyclical nature of it- keep refreshing the page, keep checking social media, etc. You should aim to use the internet only when you 'have' to, or more correctly, you should only use the internet when you have something to do. If we boil down our internet time, I think 95% of it is actually doing concrete things (reserach proper, buying shit, working, etc).

I'd also say it's better focus on doing more with your time than using the internet less.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.