[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become a better man? I feel like and am an edgy asshole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1465156168975.jpg (39KB, 634x471px)
1465156168975.jpg
39KB, 634x471px
How do I become a better man? I feel like and am an edgy asshole almost all the time. I'm also alone almost all the time. I haven't had a girlfriend in years, I only have three friends who I talk to, and while I am able to be dominate in most social situations I can't help but feel like I'm too extreme sometimes. Years and years of bad experiences with people has made me rough around the edges and I don't want this anymore. I'm unapproachable and I can't approach others anymore. I also never had a father to teach me how to be a good man so now I'm lost.

>tl;dr
How do I stop being edgy?
How do I become a better man?
Is there a way to be edgy but a good man?
>>
>>17749675

I don't know either honestly. The internet is really good at being angry at guys like you and men, and it's good at ranting on and on about "WHAT HAPPENED TO MEN THESE DAYS", but it never actually gives any real advice or solutions.
>>
Hey man, not sure how much I can contribute but I'd figured I'd post and let you know that I don't think you're alone in this.

So what kind of job do you have? Are you still in the process of education or are you pretty much where you're happy at with career/work?

If you're not there yet, maybe just focus on getting there. At that point you should just try to keep an open mind, let people have their opinions and try not to "argue" outright, just have discussions
>>
>>17749834
The solution is to stop being a cunt
>>
>>17749675

I'm 31 and my entire life I struggled with these same exact issues; that's what happens when you're raised and taught by nothing but women.

Anyways, the truth is that if you stop giving a fuck about what people think about you then life gets a lot easier; also, don't try to make everyone happy and/or fix all their problems.

I've dated countless girls/women and fucked even more of them over the years; do you know what I learned from all of those experiences?

That girls and women are fucking stupid and selfish.

Go to college and major in something that you find fascinating/love or go learn a trade-skill that you find fascinating/love.

Save some money up, get a decent comfy condo, a fun hobby and enjoy your life.

There's no such thing as a improving yourself, it's just about conforming to what society says is a 'good man'.

Do you need a GF or wife to be happy?

Fuck no.

Flirt with grillz, fuck them and let them hang around as long as YOU are having a good time but the moment they start getting selfish, greedy or the drama comes out then you fucking bail.

Live your life for you.
>>
>>17749999

I'm not a woman, so that's not possible.
>>
>>17750053
Clear from the first post. Cunt is unisex. You're being a cunt.
>>
>>17750067

No, I'm just frustrated at other people whining about an issue when they give no solutions for it and they are unaware of how and why the issue exists in the first place. Idiot.
>>
>>17749675
Work on trying to talk to more people man. increase social support and social relationships. Start buying animals baby ones cheer you up. relax man rolls your shoulders back breath...
>chill
>>
>>17750072
A woman cheats on every man she dates. Solution? Stop being a cunt.

A man is an asshole to everyone he meets. Solution? Stop being a cunt.

Change your actions if you want improvement. If you don't want to change, live with the fact that you're a cunt.

Yeah, I'm an idiot for not wanting to coddle the feelings of people who behave like asses but think it's not the "real them". It is the real you, now stop being a cunt if you don't want to be one. The solution will not be handed to you, you have to put in the work to do it.
>>
>>17750080

Oh, so you're giving me the "I'M GOING TO BE HONEST TO HIM ON 4CHAN BECAUSE HE'S A MAN AND SOCIETY ISN'T HONEST TO HIM" routine. Save it, I've already been through it all before. If people like you are willing to be so fucking bitter, then maybe you can offer solutions instead of doing what you're doing right now. Yes, I may be in control of myself, but I, just like you, are also subject to the conditions of the world around me.

If so many young men in western society are lost, downtrodden, and so forth, then maybe it's not just them who is the problem. Be "HONEST" all you want, people have tried your method here and it doesn't work. Idiot.
>>
>>17750083
>Oh, so you're giving me the "I'M GOING TO BE HONEST TO HIM ON 4CHAN BECAUSE HE'S A MAN AND SOCIETY ISN'T HONEST TO HIM" routine.

That's not what I was saying at all. I'm saying the solution is simple, I'd say it to a cheating whore too. Stop behaving in a way that makes you miserable, it's only through action that you'll become someone you're proud of being. Mulling over shit on the internet won't do anything.

You're the only one who's bitter here. Ending every post with "Idiot.". Ok bud.
>>
>>17750087

But you're not telling me anything new or groundbreaking. Of course physical action takes precedence over online whining. But we're here now, and you're replying to my post. And yes, people in internet cesspools think exactly the way I said they do on this issue. This is not totally a male-only issue, I am only focusing on that aspect because I am a male.

People don't give women the same treatment. When women have a problem with society, people sympathize with them, and they often refer to the "WHAT'S WRONG WITH MEN THESE DAYS" routine that I talked about up above. I'm not saying I am devoid of responsibility, I am saying that you and me and everybody are products of ourselves just as much as we are of society. If so many young men are disaffected, then maybe the problem is not the individual young men, but the greater culture. Idiot.
>>
File: Ice-Girl.jpg (2MB, 4629x3632px)
Ice-Girl.jpg
2MB, 4629x3632px
>How do I stop being edgy?
You develop goals and ambitions and work towards them. This gives you passion and drive in life and when people talk to you you're not prone to edginess or rage because they don't directly affect your ambitions or work ethic.

>How do I become a better man?
See above. Having something you're working towards focuses you on something and keeps everything together. Also learning new skills and interests helps, and improving your social acuity.

>Is there a way to be edgy but a good man?
Not really, edginess is merely a symptom of insecurity. See above to remedy said insecurity.

You're welcome
>>
File: baby.jpg (38KB, 540x270px) Image search: [Google]
baby.jpg
38KB, 540x270px
>>17750114
>Idiot idiot idiot idiot! I'm a special oppressed snowflake who shouldn't have to take action to better my life because it's everybody else's fault!
>Don't call me out on it and just let me wallow in my own misery and act like I'm oppressed
>God just let me whine about how no one gives us any answers, then attack everyone who gives us answers and call them idiots for disrupting the circlejerk

baby.jpg
>>
>>17750126

Oh, right. Again, with the "PEOPLE AREN'T HONEST TO MEN IN WESTERN SOCIETY SO I'M GOING TO BE HONEST TO THEM ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE SOCIETY WON'T BE HONEST TO THEM".

You're a loser. You have nothing to contribution to the discussion except your salty bitterness. Stop bitching just because you picked a fight you couldn't win and then you got owned. Do you have any actual solutions to any of this? No. You just have an "HONEST" shtick I've heard many times over, and now you're sperging out like a whiny petulant child because I'm not kissing your ass and agreeing with you.

Go kill yourself, maybe then you won't be so bitter little friendo.
>>
>>17750178
Calm the fuck down and seek therapy. You're severely unhinged. Your posts are seeping with bitterness while mine are just calmly telling OP to take charge of his life.

I'm getting "owned". I'm "bitter". I'm a "petulant child". Lmao. All I've done is given him solutions, you're the one hurling insults and acting severely butthurt, typing in caps.

You know why doing shit is generic advice? Because it fucking works. I've tried it. I'm not a bitter loser whining about how no one helps me because I went out and did shit for myself.

Holy shit projection with

>sperging out like a whiny petulant child because I'm not kissing your ass and agreeing with you.

You're the one sperging out over calm generic advice to take control over your own life and take action. You said just a comment ago that you were pissed because I came into the thread telling OP to take action because it was interrupting your little circlejerk. I wasn't kissing your ass and it pissed you off. I gave you advice that's worked for millions of people, advice that's not working for you only because you're too wrapped up in believing you're oppressed and special.

I'm a loser because I'm telling someone to take action to improve their life? Again lol. Seek professional help, you clearly need it. I'm not even kidding, you seem miserable and it's obvious to anyone but yourself why. Therapy could help you.

Anyway I'm going to go back to living the pleasant life I've created with my own actions, actions that were difficult as shit at times but preferential to pathetic whining.
>>
>>17750178
For starters, try not being an edgy ad hominem spewing asshole to someone who's giving you advice. Bettering yourself is a long path with no real end and no set method. It's up to you to define what a better man is. Want to be more empathetic? Work on your empathy. Want to be more friendly? Work on being friendly. Sit down and ask yourself what a "better man" looks like to you. Then work towards making yourself into that better man.

No one can serve you the answer on a silver platter, it's something you have to find for yourself.
>>
>>17750213

>Want to be x?
>Just work on being x!

Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>17750206

>Calm the fuck down and seek therapy. You're severely unhinged

Pot meet kettle, loser.

>Your posts are seeping with bitterness

Holy projection, batman!

>You know why doing shit is generic advice? Because it fucking works. I've tried it. I'm not a bitter loser whining about how no one helps me because I went out and did shit for myself.

Then why are you here, so bitter then? Clearly it didn't work. And I never disputed that physical action overrides internet stuff you fucking retard. God you're dumb.

>You're the one sperging out over calm generic advice to take control over your own life and take action

More absolute projection. I AGREED WITH YOU YOU FUCKING RETARD that physical action overrides things on the internet. How can anyone be this stupid? My point was that we are not just products of ourselves, but also of society. And this is a problem that affects lots of other guys. Disagree with me all you want, you're still wrong.

>I wasn't kissing your ass and it pissed you off. I gave you advice that's worked for millions of people, advice that's not working for you only because you're too wrapped up in believing you're oppressed and special.

lawl you little loser. You're the one that insulted me first, you picked a fight you couldn't win and you got owned. You think you're "BEING HONEST TO MEN IN WESTERN SOCIETY BECAUSE SOCIETY WON'T TELL THEM THE TRUTH" yet all you're doing is stamping your feet because I am not kissing your ass. You are being forcefully disagreed with here and it clearly upsets you. I never had a problem with you disagreeing with me.

>I'm a loser because I'm telling someone to take action to improve their life? Again lol. Seek professional help, you clearly need it. I'm not even kidding, you seem miserable and it's obvious to anyone but yourself why. Therapy could help you.

You're a loser because you think that what you're telling me is anything new.
>>
>>17750206

>I gave you advice that's worked for millions of people

And it is obviously not working for him, so why are you still insisting on it like a moron?
>>
>>17750206

>I'm a loser because I'm telling someone to take action to improve their life? Again lol. Seek professional help, you clearly need it. I'm not even kidding, you seem miserable and it's obvious to anyone but yourself why. Therapy could help you.

You were the one that insulted me first and specifically took issue with me stating that it's not just a problem with individual men, but also culture and society. Your spergy little child brain just couldn't accept that. That's why you're a loser. You're not being edgy or groundbreaking. Everyone should take action to improve their lives, but the way people like you get the message across is just disgusting.

>Anyway I'm going to go back to living the pleasant life I've created with my own actions, actions that were difficult as shit at times but preferential to pathetic whining.

Sure, you have such a great life, that's why you need to keep saying you have such a great life on 4chan.org's /adv/ board. Ahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa, sure thing there kid.

>>17750213

But I've already done those things before. Why do so many of you cesspool dwellers think you are being so cutting edge by being "HONEST" to males on the internet? It's so cringe. Nothing any of you are saying here is new or restricted.

>No one can serve you the answer on a silver platter, it's something you have to find for yourself.

I never, ever said I expected the answer to be served on a silver platter little edgelord.
>>
Notice how the OP only replies to posts that he considers insulting while completely ignoring everyone else.
>>
Like what the fuck are you talking about?
"I'm so edgy, I'm just the edgiest edging edge that's ever edged his edginess to fucking edge... how no more edge?"
>>
>>17750255
OP here, Yes that is exactly what I said. How do I stop being so edgy? It's ingrained in me.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.