[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the mere act of drinking/being drunk a sign of uncontrolled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (68KB, 648x595px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 648x595px
Is the mere act of drinking/being drunk a sign of uncontrolled alcoholism, or is it possible to consume alcohol at unorthodox times without needing an intervention?

If I decide to have some wine with my breakfast, calculated to be OK to drive by noon, on my day off from work, am I necessarily in the need of an antabuse?
>>
>>17749566

depends if it interferes with your life at all and just how sober you will be before work.

this new economy has made a lot more non traditional work schedules, and the reason a lot of our rules of what is appropriate and what is not exists is because of said schedule.

the question that really matters is why do you want to drink wine with breakfast?

what time do you get off work?
>>
>>17749566

i tend to break the rules of drinking as well, they say alcoholics drink alone, but i only ever drink alone, almost exclusively desu.

but im far from an alcoholic. I have one drink at max.
>>
Drinking wine for breakfast doesn't make you an alcoholic but come on man wtf are you doing drinking in the morning
>>
>>17749590

he admits that his work day doesn't start til 12. while he could still be home by 8 or 9 sassuming an 8 hour shift, if hes an early bird like I am, then drinking in the morning might be better.

i cant imagine liking that though. just starting to wake up and then slowing down the process... but i can see why some people might find it relaxing like wine in the tub
>>
>>17749577
I'm not working today, it's my day off. My hours are a bit unpredictable, thursday and friday are my "weekend" this week.

>>17749590
Because I had chocolates and dark chocolate goes with red wine awesome.
>>
>>17749566
Being an alcoholic isnt necessarily bad. For your health ofc onviously alcohol is a poison. But that aside... if you are addicted to alcohol and are functional no it is not bad. It is also relatively normal. If it is a problem but only financially then yes it is bad.

If you crave a bit in the morning with breakfast and by noon you gotta drive but are sober no it isnt bad at all. But again if you drinking is a mental probelm then that is on you and that is bad.

Alcohol isnt the problem people are.
>>
File: 1477433518567.png (105KB, 635x493px) Image search: [Google]
1477433518567.png
105KB, 635x493px
>>17749825
>Being an alcoholic isnt necessarily bad
>>
>>17749825
I didn't CRAVE alcohol, I just had a big cup of coffee, a nice croissant and some fancy chocolates and thought
>you know what would go great with this? Some of that nicer Merlot.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.