[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a bit of an issue. A little background. I have been drinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: JB_Original_Std_700ml.png (16KB, 226x377px) Image search: [Google]
JB_Original_Std_700ml.png
16KB, 226x377px
I have a bit of an issue. A little background. I have been drinking 1/2 to 1 fifth of whiskey 4-6 times a week for about 3 years. 1/2 a bottle doesnt get me drunk drunk, it makes me comfortable and sleep nicely. Until Monday

Yesturday I woke up and had what felt like the worst hang over of my life. Dizzy, headache, throwing up ever 2 hours (which made work real fun) etc. The last time I threw up last night it was slightly pinkish (after having nothing except water all day) I thought maybe a little blood was possible from heaving ALL day.

Last night I slept for almost 13 hours and woke up this morning feeling mostly fine. Sore and achy from constantly throwing up, but otherwise fine. I thought I had a 24 hour flu.

Now tonight I bought a fifth and have had 2 shots total, and I am already fairly drunk. I didnt eat today, but I never do before drinking so it "hits harder".

I used google, and much like WebMD when you get sick... I shouldnt have as I now think I have everything from cancer to fatty live, to "death is imminent"

What are the chances of actually developing cirrhosis in the span of 3 years? Short of cancer, what the hell could be wrong with me? I havent gotten tipsy on 2 shots since I was 20. Halp :(
>>
>>17748892
That is a LOT to be drinking, mate. You are literally poisoning yourself. The damage probably isn't irreparable yet, but you can't carry this shit on, you're gonna die so young.

See a doctor and get a full, detailed physical. Tell them about that incident and be honest about the amount you've been drinking
>>
>>17748892
I think you should stop drinking mate.
>>
>>17748898
>>17748909

The possible blood and the fact that 2 shots got me tipsy have made me decide I need to take a break. That is for sure. Blood isnt so scary. It happens after throwing up for an entire day, but combined with tonight... thats enough of a wake up call.

I dont have insurance and barely make it by as it is. Going to a doctor is out of the question unless it is an emergency. I got the flu 2 years ago super bad and had to go to the doctor after passing out... I am STILL paying that off :(
>>
File: 1478138241087.jpg (27KB, 419x304px) Image search: [Google]
1478138241087.jpg
27KB, 419x304px
Wait, so are you saying you drink multiple bottles a week? Fuck me. I thought my drinking was bad. Regardless, your alcohol intake is absurd and while I'm not a medical professional, I'd say you probably have damaged your liver and other organs with this stretch of substance abuse. The liver is quite resilient though so not all is lost if you take action.

If you're truly sick, and not reeling from constant benders, perhaps your empty stomach and dehydration is possibly playing a role in your blood alcohol levels. I could just be grasping at nonsense here since I do not know a lot about the human body. The pink vomit might be trauma to tissues in your throat or something due to your constant vomiting.

I'd take any medical information or advice from the Internet with a grain of salt. Honestly you should just visit a doctor ASAP. It's going to be hard to gauge your condition since you're already in shit condition from being an alcoholic. While I'm no angel (a heavy drinker) you need to take any attempt to sober up seriously. You can die or have serious medical issues from alcohol withdrawal.
>>
>>17748917
Maybe you're getting drunk because your liver isn't even capable of processing the alcohol right now.
>>
>>17748917
>Blood isnt so scary. It happens after throwing up for an entire day
If vomiting blood because you drank too much is a normal/non-scary experience for you, you are BEYOND an alcoholic.
>>
File: 1475526311434.png (136KB, 468x310px) Image search: [Google]
1475526311434.png
136KB, 468x310px
>>17748917

If you're going to stop and take it into your own hands please be very careful. Withdrawal can kill. I'm not fucking joking here.

You might need to wean yourself and taper down. This will be difficult since it requires self control, something you lack. Maybe go from hard liquor to getting a little six pack of beer. Go from that to maybe down to three beers then to a healthy amount per day. Cold turkey can fuck you up.
>>
>>17748925

Yes, I use to buy Jim Beam by the case (6 bottles) and 2 cases would last a tiny bit more than 2 weeks. My drinking got way out of control though (I would drink 1 1/2 fifths a night and miss work the next day) so I started buying a case of Jim and then filling in with pints of jim during the week to "limit" myself. Even at my slowest point, I was still drinking 3 fifths a week, though I have started drinking more again lately.

What does alcohol withdrawal feel like? I havent ever felt bad without drinking for a day, but to be honest, I havent had 72 sober hours in a row in a few years.

>>17748932

Thats what has got me worried

>>17748935

Point taken. Its not normal by any stretch, but I have been to a couple multi-day concerts, and a vegas vacation last year where I drank 2+ fifths a day, and yea, after you stop drinking and start throwing up a lot, sometimes you throw up blood. Last night just kind of struck me because I drank 1/2 a fifth the night before. I wasnt even very drunk when I went to sleep, let alone drunk enough to throw up that much, OR throw up blood at all.

>>17748938

See above. I can and have gone a day or 2 without alcohol a few times a month and never been sick from not drinking. I get moody without it, but that is about it.

Is enough liquor to not get you drunk enough to keep you from getting sick? Its been years since even large amounts of beer have gotten me drunk, but I have a few dozen cases of beer friends have brought over laying around. If I mentally cut my supply of whiskey off, I have enough beer, wine, and "girl drinks" to keep me not sick for months at least.

I dont WANT to stop drinking, but I am 34 and I really dont want to be dead at 40. My father died at 42 from alcohol. My grandfather on both sides also died before 50 from alcohol. Tonight was kind of my wake up call I guess
>>
File: 844709.jpg (175KB, 704x523px) Image search: [Google]
844709.jpg
175KB, 704x523px
fun pictures for the help. Ill bump and dump for awhile. Kind of sad/not really sure what to do with myself right now
>>
>>17748968

It would be best if you sought any medical advice from a professional since withdrawal is very dangerous. I haven't experienced it first-hand but I've known a few people and have family in the medical field.

At the less shitty side you'll be anxious, irritable, jittery and unable to sleep well at all or have vivid nightmares. Expect to have bursts of energy or rapid-fire thoughts. Your body is in panic mode since youre denying it something its used to and your mind is firing on all cylinders simce you're not pouring a depressant into it 24/7. You probably already smell 'off' due to pickling your liver or your body ridding itself of that garbage via pores or breath, but once you're cutting down or quitting you'll stink like dogshit for a while if you sweat.

The worst side is auditory or visual hallucinations, seizures, fever, delirium tremens and heart rate issues that can fucking kill you.

Weaning isn't something that's ideal but it may work if you map it out and stick to it. As I said this is just dangerous though since withdrawal can go south very quickly and might end up with you dead. Seek professional help in any way you can.
>>
File: 1448073854973.jpg (161KB, 820x820px) Image search: [Google]
1448073854973.jpg
161KB, 820x820px
>>
>>17749001

annnnd thats pretty much how I feel all day every day. I cant sleep/sleep well without liquor. Its part of why I drink so much. Im always irritable. Friends and co workers joke its just part of my personality.

I have heart rate issues anyway as I generally drink 4-8 red bulls a day. Ive made a comment a few times that you arent awake unless you can feel your heart beat in your ears.

I dont think I stink. Wife has never said anything about it, but she could just be being nice.

On a small side note. Never had a seizure, but I have noticed later in the day, I tend to twitch a lot. Either in my shoulder, or in my fingers. I rarely shake, but I do twitch a lot. Maybe 2-3 times a month
>>
>>
File: 1454370986477s.jpg (9KB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
1454370986477s.jpg
9KB, 250x190px
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.