[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make my anger prone boyfriend feel guilty for lashing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: BCs.png (784KB, 864x480px) Image search: [Google]
BCs.png
784KB, 864x480px
How do I make my anger prone boyfriend feel guilty for lashing out, look at my cute little face and actually apologize?

He has anger issues and I love him even though he's still working on them and it can be tough, but usually it's him afterwards demanding reassurance and honestly I feel like I could use it more so I'm not just sat here feeling like the world's most useless gf.

What do I do? Just let him cool down? When he's angry, if I apologize he shouts more but if I do so when he's calm sometimes he actually weakens for me and shows he is sorry. Should I stick to this and remain calm and docile in hope he will pick me up afterwards and wish he'd never said such horrible things to me?
>>
>>17748612

I don't have advice, but good luck with this.

Some people end up getting stuck in something they eventually come to hate, so do be wise about setting boundaries, and acknowledging that change is entirely dependent upon each person themselves.
>>
>>17748612
People with "anger problems" are usually VERY self-centered. He doesn't actually empathize with you in the way you do with him, and other people. It doesn't enter into his mind to comfort you, because he is upset and that is the only thing he's thinking about.

This is how pretty much all abusive relationships start, for real.
>My boyfriend is so mean to me when he gets angry!
>How do I comfort him to make him less angry?

Stand up for yourself, verbally, and tell him you're not going to be his verbal punching bag whenever he feels bad. If this does not get through to him, and the problem continues - you're gonna have to realize that it isn't about you, you can't change him, and it's only gonna get worse.
>>
OP here, thank you both- I'll do my best

I have previously been in one serious abusive relationship and I don't want it to happen again

He is seeking counselling for his issues and is otherwise very caring, until he gets angry or upset and then all he seems to see is himself.

How do I set boundaries without him guilt tripping me in response?
>>
>>17748625
How would he exactly guilt trip you?
>>
>>17748702

Tells me he's the worst boyfriend and that he wants to die and avoid reconciliation til he's calm and I never know how to comfort him apart from wait until he feels calmer himself which is hard to predict how long
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.