[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tl'dr: I'm a 35 year old trying out a supervisor position.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1470439581459.png (397KB, 1621x1749px) Image search: [Google]
1470439581459.png
397KB, 1621x1749px
tl'dr: I'm a 35 year old trying out a supervisor position. I can't handle their stupidity. Should I step down or is there a cure for my impatience?
>>
That's not impatience, it's being shit at management and/or having shit people skills

Handling their stupidity is literally what a supervisor is for.
>>
>>17748311

>Handling their stupidity is literally what a supervisor is for.

I hear that. I guess that's what I figured in a way. I mean it's one thing to tell competent people what to do so they can learn and eventually do their job without being told but damn. I think you're right about me having shit people skills though. I'm thinking of stepping down and it's only been a week. I also feel like the managers above me are retarded.
>>
>>17748329
>only week
Bruh, grow some thicker skin. It's a new position with new responsibilities. You can't possibly expect to adapt in a matter of days. Give it a couple months to settle into it, and then decide if it's for you.
>>
>>17748346

Well thing is I'll admit I'm immature. I know this. I don't dispute it and I'm thinking that me stepping down is better for them and better for me. When I get pissed off I hold it in until I give up and think "fuck them" and then I don't shout, argue, talk back. I just go into this like mode where I seriously don't give a shit and usually just walk out like job abandonment type shit. I'm trying not to let my stupidity get me fired and also give them a surprise.

I do need thicker skin I guess. Just not so sure how to do it. My brain is fucked and I just can't cope.
>>
>>17748303
Handling stupidity is your entire job. If you can manage that then it's probably not for you.
>>
>>17748353
You actually sound like you've got a level head. Can't make the call for what's best for you but suffice to say you'll regret getting fired far more than you'll regret stepping down.

I'd say try learning to have the goal of aligning people with the companies interests or goals/targets for the day rather than having person X like you or work for/with you. All you can do is guide people towards what you want to get done, the moment you tell them what to do is the moment you take a boss position and most smart people aren't cut out to be bosses.

Also look up and learn some management skills and leadership skills, perhaps give it another couple weeks with those under your belt.
>>
>>17748391

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. When I work by myself I do my job better than anyone. Shit gets complicated whenever things mess up my flow. I don't even mind when things turn out fucked up but when managers expect too much it's like fuck. Why do you need to have impossible goals?. They always want more than the impossible. I hate that shit. I tell the people that work under me well if shit don't get done it doesn't get done goddamn. Manager's up top are like "getting done isn't an option". I'm like man, you're crazy. I told the head manager I can't do the impossible before I took the position. I told him "if you give me the impossible to do then I promise you it WON'T get done". He didn't say shit. I figured it would end up like this and well just curious if I could run into some magical advise to make me adapt to this new situation instead of trying to make this situation adapt to me.

>>17748393

>You actually sound like you've got a level head

thanks. I think I do myself.

>with the companies interests or goals/targets for the day

Problem is the company has some shitty workers really. That's the bottom line...
>>
>>17748403

...Manager tells me "these guys don't have much to do, they should be done by such and such time". I tell him, they're not going to be done by that time. He says, look they don't mat much stuff.

long story short, he didn't get what I was saying. I'm thinking wtf guy, I'm not disputing that they don't have much to do, I'm not arguing that their work shouldn't take long. I'm saying they WON'T be done in a reasonable amount of time. I don't know if I'm in the fucking twilight zone or dreaming or just stupid retarded in a world full of sane people that this guy didn't get what I was saying. I was right by the way. Later one he comes acting surprised these motherfuckers weren't done with their shit at a reasonable time. I guess I just can't handle the fact that I'm saying crazy shit.
>>
>>17748410
Of course he got what you were saying, you didn't get what he was saying. He was telling you they didn't have much to do so it should be easy for them to get it done.

You interjected that they wouldn't. If anything he's suggested that you manage it, which is your job. If I handed out a simple task to a supervisor and X workers and came back and it wasn't done I'd be surprised too. You are the problem/failure in this example.

Granted, shit goes south some days and they should be doing a better job, presumably they're paid shit or have no incentive to work hard, but that's a large part of why you're there.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.