[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>meet qt on summer job >successful flirting >holy fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1446376634305.jpg (115KB, 750x955px) Image search: [Google]
1446376634305.jpg
115KB, 750x955px
>meet qt on summer job
>successful flirting
>holy fuck I'm in love
>as summer progresses she grows increasingly insecure and slows things down
>starts mentionning a bf while I know full well she doesn't have one
>finnaly confronts me about being intimidated by me
>she's a junior who's starting a new cycle after failing medical school, I'm a sucessful masters student who skipped a year in high school and got into college at 16
>spend my time working my ass off in college, reading for pleasure and lifting while she's your average junior carefree party-goer, albeit smarter and mousier than most
>"You're so different from most guys I know, you're like an adult"
>tell her we're only two years apart (21 and 19), she's just being insecure and there's no reason to be intimidated
>summer ends and we go our separate ways (same town, different campuses)
>text her once, no answer
>don't insist
>think about her non-stop

>cut to yesterday
>roll into MacDonald's during lunch break looking /fa/ as fuck
>run into her
>she comes over and hugs me
>chat for a bit, she's there with a "friend"
>looks at me from head to toe mirin hard (she had always seen me in supermarket uniform before)
>eve spot a lip bite
>get my order and ask if I may come over to her table
>all of sudden she starts spilling spaghettis and whispers to me that her "friend" is actually her bf
>Me: "Oh I see. Don't wanna make things weird, no?"
>Her: [spaghetti spilling intensifies]
>Me: "Your call, really"
>Her: [spaghetti spilling to the max]
>this is getting nowhere, time to disengage
>"See you then", I poke her shoulder and get seated away
>quickly glance at her table
>fatty frat boy type already halfway of his sandwich while she just got seated
>ignore them for the rest of my meal (my back is turned on them)
>finish and get out
>she's staring at me all of my way out, ignoring fattypants

So, what just happened? Is that "bf" yet another fake? She obviously has the hots for me but something's off there
>>
Doesn't matter. Keep doing what you did.
If that guy was her legit bf: I'm sure you will find another chick.
If is a fake bf: she cleary don't value your presence with her.
Also
>manage to make her as your gf
>she start to look at another guy in the same way as she did with you when she date the other guy

In any case, nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>17747720
maybe she doesnt like fat dicks like yourself? I mean honestly just because you're getting your masters at 21 doesn't mean you're entitled to date her or anyone who doesn't want to date you. If you want to get a real girlfriend then go out and socialize and meet people and party n shit don't stay stuck to your studies like some cuck waiting for a woman to rescue him or come along and take interest in him, women just aren't that way.
>>
>>17747801
I mentionned it because that's the reason she gave me as to why she was intimidated by me. I don't see myself that way.

Also
>tripfag
>giving lectures on humility
Pick one
>>
>>17747720
>meet qt on summer job
>successful flirting
>holy fuck I'm in love

I can stop reading. Stop doing circles inside your head and actually interact with people. You barely knew her, you can't "love" her.

Now I will keep reading.

Ok, she is pretty immature. Don't bother with her too much. You seem to have to do all the work.

Bonus Advise!!: You are kind of presumptuous.You are not picking us up OP, no need to impress us.
>>
>>17747815
We have been seeing each other and interacting for three months, everyday from 9 to 5, I think we've know each other quite well.

About the pride thing, yet again I'm not proud I'm just presenting our situation the way she did when she confronted me. Actually, that's quite the opposite. Believe me, if I was really that succesfull, I wouldn't be on /adv/
>>
>>17747815
But I think you're right on the money for the most part. I'm doing everything in this non-relationship.
At least I had a great summer.

/thread
>>
>>17747821

Sorry, let me include the next line this time:

>meet qt on summer job
>successful flirting
>holy fuck I'm in love
>as summer progresses she grows increasingly insecure and slows things down

Either you told the story wrong, or you are lying now. How fast did you "fall in love" with her?

Also, the presumptuous thing is not about being good with girls. It's the telling us you skipped a year and entered college at 16. It's the "I read and work my ass off" line. It's the dismissive "albeit smarter and mousier than most" towards the other girls. It's the way you describe how you enter a fast food restaurant.

One of this lines is descriptive. Together, they show us a lot about your personality.

Finally, as far as I can tell from your story, she actually likes you but is too immature to handle shit.
Sadly, as far as I can tell, you pretty much need the girl to be immature to put up with your boasting and be impressed by "reading for pleasure".

Just my two cents from an outside perspective.
>>
>>17747829
I met her in mid june, I think I really got in love by the end of July. And she slowed things down around the same time.

When I'm telling you about my history and my habits, it's because those are the very reasons she invoked when we had the "intimidated" talk. I had told her some of that over the course of our conversations because we were just talking about each others life. I never ever wanted for the life of me to make her feel put down.

The truth is that I too am impressed with her. She's georgous, she's definitely a smartie (she went to the country's top med school, and dropped due to pressure) and I've never felt so stimulated and challenged by someone in my entire life
>>
>>17747829
There's also something I didn't want to mention at first but since we're there, fuck it.

In the year before, I had been under severe depression due to personnal issues. I was down the pit like I've never been before. Meeting her, getting attention from her was a colossal ego-boost and I think it was the final step in my recovery.

Since you're taking the time to respond to me (thanks by the way, it means a lot), I'll be entirely honest here. I'm affraid I don't really love her and she's just a walking antidepressant pill/ego shot. I don't want that, I would hate me for it and doing that to her but this is a possibility that's getting bigger and bigger in my mind
>>
>>17747843

See? Telling us "I'm older and getting my master, while she isn't. We are at different places in our lives. She felt intimidated." can summarize your problem without all of this:

Using the word successful to describe yourself.
Telling us you skipped a year and what age you started college at.
Telling us you "work your ass off".
Telling us you read for pleasure.
Telling us you lift.
Describing her a party-goer that's not as dumb as the rest (you later said she impressed you, but that was not in the OP)
Telling us you look great when you go eat at McDonalds...

I'll grant you that the part about her checking you out is actually relevant. And I wouldn't mind it if it weren't for all the points above.

As I said, if this is how you conduct yourself at all times, immature girls like her that can be dazzled and intimidated easily are your only hope.

But my advise is already up there. Unless she puts in some effort, don't bother. She seems flighty and not very sure about herself. Again, your type.
>>
>>17747849

Didn't have this one when writting this >>17747851

I'll add:

Doesn't surprise me. As I said, we can see the insecurities.

It's would be pretty shitty to use another person to make yourself feel better. Work on yourself first.

Skipping a grade and having to deal with older people in their older lives can mess you up. You are always the little one, and at the same time you are "better" than the rest because you move so fast.

Having self esteem issues is practically a given. But work on yourself and learn to be happy with yourself before you drag someone else into your life. Specially someone so insecure on her own right.
>>
>>17747856
Thanks.
I really need to find the balance in my self-perception. I need to find a way to truely love myself without shitting pride all over people.
I've tried different things to drown my insecurities into: religion, studying (obviously) hobbies (that's how I got into lifting), heck I even got into some obscure new age bullshit at some point. Can't really say I tried love, because I didn't seek it, it just happened and fell on top of my head. But as you said, involving others would be horrible.
>>
>>17747873
(cont)
When I think about it, I can see a lot of myself in her. Maybe that's why I got attracted to her so quickly?
>>
>>17747873

Hey, I really wish you the best of lucks. You don't seem like a bad person, so I'm sure you can figure this out.

And don't escape every opportunity for a relationship you get. If she were putting half the effort you are, then something could have come out of this.

Good luck.
>>
>>17747879

Could be. It happens a lot.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.