[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm Asian and my boyfriend is white - we've been dating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

I'm Asian and my boyfriend is white - we've been dating for about a year or so. For the past month or so he's been setting his steam display pic as generic Asian girls and it really bothers me. I can't pinpoint the reason. I'm an artfag and I'm super big on individuality and basic instagram hoes have always been a pet peeve of mine. Also makes me feel as if he just has yellow fever and that's why he's dating me. I don't know, I've just got so many thoughts. Do I have a right to bring it up? Not in the way that I'm telling him to change it, but in the way so he knows that it bothers me.
>>
>>17746921
Tell him that it makes you uncomfortable and have an honest conversation.

It sounds like he has a case of the fever but don't jump to conclusions until you've heard his side of it.
>>
>he's been setting his steam display pic as generic Asian girls
Well that's not normal
>>
>>17746921
based on that alone he sounds gross t b h
for real though if it bothers you, bring it up. it shouldn't be that big of a deal for him to just use other shit.

but most guys would probably make it a point of pride to not bend to their girlfriend's will because muh """pussy-whipped""", so if he's shitty, he'll be shitty. if he's cool, he won't be shitty.
>>
>>17746921
I can see why that'd bother you, but if he seems like a generally solid dude, if he seems to actually like you as a person and be interested in you for you, then I wouldn't worry about the "yellow fever" thing. Honestly that's a shitty meme. Plenty of people have a type and having a thing for cute Asian girls doesn't make you a fetishist or mean you're unable to engage with them without objectifying them or whatever. Hell, it's even possible that he's setting those as his pics because they remind him of you -- I have a huge thing for girls with short haircuts because my first girlfriend kept her hair really short.

But feel free to bring it up with him. So long as you're respectful and reasonable and you give him a chance to talk and actually listen, you have a right to bring up almost anything he does that bothers you. Sometimes I've brought up things that I knew WEREN'T entirely reasonable with my girlfriend and just laid all my cards on the table right away, "Look, I know I'm being a little silly about this, but it still bothers me. Can we just talk about it?" Provided you're both adults it should not go badly.
>>
>he's been setting his steam display pic as generic Asian girls
I think it's weird for someone in a relationship to hang pictures of the opposite sex on their walls, have them as their desktop, etc.
>>
>>17746948
Yeah, really this seems more out of line to me than the fact that the girls happen to be Asian.
>>
Would it bother you more or less if he used a cute anime girl pic?
>>
>>17746948
I think it's pretty weird in general, whether you're in a relationship or not.
>>
>>17746948
That said, I don't think being especially attracted to Asian girls makes him weird. I just think it's in poor taste that he puts them as his desktop when he's in a relationship.
>>
>>17746948
>>17746951
I would suspect it's this sentiment, PLUS the fact that they're all Asian, that's making OP uncomfortable. Perhaps OP is subconsciously thinking "why wouldn't he put a picture of me instead?"
>>
>>17746958
I think an awful lotta guys would be more than happy to do that, given permission. Maybe he would too.
>>
>>17746960
Of course, but the fact that he didn't ask OP if she would be okay with him making her picture his profile pic is likely part of why OP feels uncomfortable about this. Like he sees all Asian girls as interchangeable and he doesn't like her for who she is, he likes her because she's Asian.
>>
>>17746938
Yeah, I definitely would not change something just because my girl wanted me to. At the same time I wouldn't have my display pic as a random Asian girl either so I don't think I would have this problem.
>>
>>17746967
OP here, this anon nailed it with how I feel
>>
>>17746921
I like doing this to pretend to be a gamer grill. Maybe he's messing around, or he has a running joke going with his friends? You should ask him, you can't force him to change it, but you're totally in the right to ask about or discuss it.
>>
>>17746921
That's what you get for being a race traitor OP.
>>
>>17746921
maybe hes bamboozling nerds to give him free games
>>
>>17746975
OP just date me instead. i'm half asian, it's a win-win-win.

your ex gets to fap to his generic asian girl pictures, you get to go out with someone who isn't a shit, and i can stop cutting myself and wanting to die :^)
>>
so you're upset because you are exactly the type of woman he likes

lol

people are retarded
>>
>>17747049
>taking used goods
l m a o
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.