[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the friendzone thing just a meme, /adv/? I'm falling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: AROUSAL-DISORDERS-01.jpg (213KB, 2646x1352px) Image search: [Google]
AROUSAL-DISORDERS-01.jpg
213KB, 2646x1352px
Is the friendzone thing just a meme, /adv/? I'm falling for a girl that I'm semi-good friends with, but all the talk of friendzone and 'missing the critical window to make a move' make me not want to ask her out. Is it impossible for friends to start dating?

It's difficult to know if she likes me back as she's a very warm and welcoming person to everyone but we have been getting closer. I don't know, /adv/... what do? Just ask her out? Is friendzoning real or is it a euphemism for being rejected that has nothing to do with being friends? People constantly tell me that they've often gotten together with good friends and that those were their best relationships. I sometimes think coming on here does more harm than good.
>>
the friendzone is not real, made up by neckbeards who are salty because the person they like doesn't like them back.

shit dude, if you like someone, they don't owe it to you or anyone else to like you back. it's not a friendzone, they just don't like you that way. get of their back.

anyway, you're just gonna have to ask her if you want to start something with her. just be like "yo my man my dude my guy, i've developed some feelings for you and i want to spend more time with you. want sum fuk?"

if she likes you, cool. if not, move on.
>>
>>17746777
> "yo my man my dude my guy, i've developed some feelings for you and i want to spend more time with you. want sum fuk?"

I'm guessing that means to stay upbeat when saying it. Unless I should actually ask that bae for sum fuk.
>>
The friend zone is very real. It's jyst not what people make it out to be.
>>17746777 has it wrong for example.

It's not about them owing you anything. It's about when you ask them out and make your intentions known, but rather than rejecting you politely, they trap you with false hope. "I'm not looking to date right now" or "maybe one day, but not now" are all common excuses.
Those ARE rejections though.

The best way to avoid the zone is to make your intentions known, and accept a rejection with dignity and move on. I know it seems like a girl is the one. But she very well might not be. There's millions of women inn this world. Good luck.
>>
>>17746794
Thanks for the insight. I'm pretty good at taking rejections for what they are. I'd like to stay friends with her if she rejects me, but if she doesn't say yes, I'll take a break from her and won't go after her any more. I also don't think she's "the one", I just know I really like her.
>>
btw ignore pic title pls

unrelated i swear
>>
>>17746801
Of course. There's nothing wrong with distancing yourself if it helps you to move on. But don't abandon the friendship if you can avoid it. Otherwise you end up looking like the asshole
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.