[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>autistic loser >failed college a year ago >still pretend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: 1456554095685.jpg (50KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1456554095685.jpg
50KB, 576x1024px
>autistic loser
>failed college a year ago
>still pretend I'm a student so my parents won't kick me out
>literally lying to their face every day
>they're about to find out in a month
>don't know what to do

Should I just leave without saying anything? They will raise hell and I can't handle it. I just want to disappear. But I have little cash that's not enough for rent. I was thinking take a train somewhere and whatever happens, happens?
>>
>>17746323
Grow up, apologize, work hard to make it up to them. Stop focusing on only yourself.
>>
>>17746328
this. stop being such a baby.
>>
>>17746328
>Grow up, apologize, work hard to make it up to them

Why do you assume I am the only one at fault here? I have nothing to apologize for. Part of why I'm in this situation is because of how they raised me. Sure, it's my fault as well, but it doesn't matter anymore.
>>
>>17746373
Troll thread, be less obvious next time.
>>
>>17746378
This is a real situation. What exactly makes me a troll?
>>
>>17746383
When offered advice you immediately disregarded it and didn't just become defensive but challenged the person offering advice to an argument. You're not at all interested in fixing your "problem".

Also you've made this thread before many times.
>>
>>17746394
No that was not "advice", that was recycled platitude that you get from someone that's not really interested in you, akin to "man up" or "just do it". I made this thread before because I have yet to find a solution to this.
>>
>>17746409
What do you want to do if not manning up? It's literally the only solution to everything when you're a man
>>
>>17746323
OP, it seems like you have a bad case of "grow the fuck up"

I'm not joking. I'm guessing you're between the age of 18 and 21. I'm 22, and I've met a lot of people from our generation who are in the same boat as you. The way I see it, you need to grow up.

I'm assuming you don't have a job as well?

You're an adult now. Your parents have every right to be angry at you. You've been leeching off their generosity and lying to their face.

The part about people like you that are enraging is that you expected to go through life comfortably.

Get a job, tell them what you've been doing, and be a man.

Worst case scenario: they kick you out and (I assume) you have no money to fall back on.

best case scenario: They're not mad and let you live your NEET life

Realistic case scenario: They're still your parents, they love you (I assume) and they won't kick you out but they WILL make you pay rent and utilities.

OP, you're at a point in your life where you have to look at yourself and think "Is this who I really am? Do I really want to be this mediocre lose with nothing to show for all the years my parents put into raising me?"

You have to decide: NEET life or Real Life.

pic unrelated
>>
>>17746373
Okay, I refuse to believe people like this exist.
>>
>>17746409
"recycled platitude"

sorry, but this phrase was in your last troll thread. Brush up on vocab. I suggest a thesaurus.
>>
>>17746426
How is it unbelievable? I think his reaction is understandable. I do not condone it, i think he's wrong, but it's still understandable.
>>
You could just hop a bus to another city but with very little money and no friends or family youll most likely end up on the street in a few months. Once you're homeless it's an absolute black hole, there's no coming out.
>>
OP, I was in a similar situation. I had failed my classes, I wasn't going into uni, when I was leaving the house, I was just using my laptop in a coffee shop for a few hours instead of going to classes. I was completely depressed, filled with anxiety and shame over how terribly I'd done. I confronted my parents, told them the truth and ended up working a shitty job full-time for a year while living at home and going back to college after by paying for it out of my own pocket.

My parents were disappointed in me, but appreciated my honesty. Like many people have said in this thread, you're an adult now, so you owe them your honesty.
>>
>>17746421
What's the point of "manning up" if you're a depressed loser with no friends? All I see in my future is darkness.
>>
>>17746422
>Realistic case scenario: They're still your parents, they love you (I assume) and they won't kick you out but they WILL make you pay rent and utilities.

I can't stay with them anymore even if they decide to let me pay rent. The relationship will be strained and miserable and I already feel lonely as it is. I can't take my parents treating me like an enemy, so I best be leaving. Makes me very nervous just thinking about it.
>>
>>17746462
yeah i got kicked out of my parents home. realized i was being a little bitch for twenty years and came back to pay rent. things are fine now. this only happened after i became extremely poor and started having ill health. life can change you buddy. but ANYONE in your situation would feel that way. but theres a very good chance that wont happen
>>
>>17746452
The problem is, I should've been honest a long while ago. Now it won't seem genuine since they're about to find out on their own. So they won't give a shit about my alleged "honesty".
>>
>>17746475
It doesn't matter what you think they'll think. You owe this to them. Tell them before they find out from the university. If they ask you why it took you so long to tell them, you say "I am sorry, I was scared of what you would say/think about this". Give your parents this bottom line of respect.
>>
>>17746475
>the problem is
you think the problem is..
and btw the best course of action may be to tell them now. then you pull the "well i still had a month but i didnt want to keep disrespecting you like that" card.
>>
>>17746323
Honestly, its really hard the way you write to feel sympathy toward you, that is why it seems like a troll thread.

Here is a simple solution, reapply to a college that teaches you something else you'd want to learn but its a different college. So say you go to National College of Physical Therapy. You hate X book degree and just want to learn skills. OK fine. Now say you switched degrees to a Bachelors in PT, say you'll make 50K starting which is better than Accountant, hope they are ok with this. Or make up some fake degree like "I am going to BFA: Fine Arts Culinary" so they think you are going to be a Bobby Flay chef and make millions. Then be a chef. Or just don't even go to school and be a chef but say you are going anyway.

I definitely don't think you should just try to play vidya all day until you die and smoke weed but if you want to live a life of lies to achieve small things like that its your gig.

I just think you should try maybe a school that teaches a more focused curriculum that you can mentally get into that helps you work with your hands.

Again, your writing is shitty so if you give generic problems you get generic responses.
>>
>>17746477
>>17746482
What if I pack my shit, leave and then call and tell them? Say sorry and everything. Do you have an idea of how should I phrase it on the phone?
>>
>>17746373
>my parents ruined my life
kek
>>
>>17746501
>upbringing doesn't have any effect on you
I ruined my life of course, but with the contribution of my parents.
>>
>>17746505
ah, the ol' "it's not my fault" routine

classic.
>>
>>17746494
I will probably reapply as you suggest after it all goes down but I first need to deal with that moment itself. If you want to know more about my situation please ask me so it wouldn't seem generic to you.
>>
>>17746500
This is childish behaviour and will result in a typically 'parenty' response. You apologize to your parents IN PERSON, you acknowledge how you fucked up and you list off some things that you're going to do to make a change. Start a discourse with them. Don't just run away from your problems.
>>
>>17746509
I see it more like the "stating an objective fact" routine. Sometimes it's effective, sometimes not.
>>
>>17746513
part of being an adult is taking full responsibility for your actions. you cant blame everything on your parents/other people for the rest of your life. you'll get nowhere.
>>
>>17746511
But they will kick me out anyway. Why shouldn't I just leave and call them and apologize? Even if they get over it and let me stay and pay rent, I wouldn't want it. Nothing will ever be the same so I don't see the point of opening up in person.
>>
>>17746517
Right, that's why I didn't blame everything. Read again.
>>
>>17746521
you are being very dramatic. do you have any siblings? even if you plan on leaving no matter what, it is a matter of respect that you open up to them and do it in person. they have raised you to this point, they deserve to know whats going on with you.

on the other hand, if you don't care about your parents and you are planning on leaving anyway, then go now about be done with it.
>>
OP, how old are you? Seems like you take your life for granted. My dad was emotionally and verbally abusive. My mom was an idiot who couldn't count and I managed to graduate with a master's. Yes, your upbringing matters but that's not what define you as a person.
>>
>>17746528
I don't understand how is that a matter of respect. Do you really think they will give a shit after hearing what I've done? I think they will raise hell regardless of whether they find out on their own or I tell them.
>>
>>17746538
look, its pretty clear that you're looking for people to tell you to that its not all your fault and you should hop on a train and gtfo. do that if thats what you wanna do. the actual reality of the situation is that you should talk to your parents like an adult, get a job and move out. there is nothing else to it really.
>>
>>17746549
>you should talk to your parents like an adult
I am planning to do that, just over the phone. I was thinking for their own good, maybe they wouldn't be as aggravated as me telling them in person. Then of course, move out and get a job.
>>
>>17746538
In previous threads you said you can't tell them because the shock would literally kill your mother. What happened to that?
>>
>>17746535
I get it but I just feel so helpless. Autist, no friends, low self-esteem. I don't trust myself to pick myself up and change my life. That's where my problems come from, it seems.
>>
>>17746561
Yes, that's what I'm afraid of the most. It's why I'm in limbo not knowing what to do or what decision to make. I've always made an effort not to upset my parents, go figure.
>>
>>17746563
>I get it but I just feel so helpless.
Welcome to adulthood.
>Autist, no friends, low self-esteem.
Are you literally autistic? Because autism is a crippling disorder that I do not believe you have. You're socially awkward and unprepared to deal with life. Low self esteem can be fixed. Go to the gym or join a club and meet some new people.
>I don't trust myself to pick myself up and change my life.
Grow up. Plenty of people are thrown into the world such as yourself, unprepared and ignorant. Guess what? They survived. Life is hard but its not an impossible task.
>That's where my problems come from, it seems.
see above. Stop blaming others. Blame yourself and fix yourself. Put down the controller, pick up a book (a REAL book, not that young adult crap) and better yourself.

No one can help you except *you.* 4chan isn't gonna help you, your parents aren't gonna help you, we're not gonna help you. You can only fix yourself.

pic unrelated
>>
>>17746581
I do have autism, diagnosed at age 9, and it's been accurate so far. It's not necessarily crippling, there's a spectrum from low-functioning to high-functioning.

Why do you think telling anyone to "grow up" and "help yourself" actually works? Everybody knows that at the level of logic. But we're not rational creatures, we are mostly emotionally-driven. That's why I'm saying they are platitudes. Do you think I don't want to grow up and have a good life? I very much do, but there's many things inside of me that I'm not aware of that stop me, that's why I'm here.
>>
This same situation happened with my brother actually. He was failing all of his courses in college and dropped out secretly. He pretended to go to class for the whole semester, lying to everyone and even making time for "studying for midterms" and "meeting up for group projects" when he was actually just sitting around on his laptop at campus. Long story short, my other brother ended up telling my parents and they were so heartbroken and angry. My advice? Tell them yourself and come clean before they find out another way. It will be difficult but this will re-establish what little trust you can retain from this whole scenario. They wont kick you out if you explain the problems and reasons to why you did so poorly. They love you and care for your well being, they arent going to abandon you.

After the coming clean part, take some time off(without having to lie about going to class) and reevaluate your decisions and current circumstance. There isnt anything called "being an adult", every day you live you will feel as young and as old as you are. Decide what you want to do with the rest of your existence. Think about the real implications of the possibility that your death could come tomorrow. Think about what you enjoy and how you could serve your portion to the history of humanity, how your small input could impact the future. Think about the legacy you will leave, the children you may have, the people you may love and be loved by. Think about all of these possibilities and realize how by doing nothing, you are wasting away like a deteriorating leaf of fall.

good luck. dont break anyone's heart, come clean, refocus and experience life how you should.
>>
You cant escape, even if you are far far away on a train. You will exist in their memories and it will be even more of a painful experience for them and for you.
>>
>>17746622
That is inspiring. If I come clean, is there a way I could make it less horrible? I know they loved me until now, but I can't imagine how they'll behave after it's all said and done. They will see me as the evil black sheep that shouldn't ever be trusted again. I don't know how to handle that.
>>
>>17746653
It will be horrible and they will get very angry, there is no way to get around that. But this is a pivotal time for you to come clean about absolutely all of your feelings and weaknesses. You can make them understand that you didnt drop out because you were just lazy and enjoyed wasting their money but rather because you had actual problems and would love their help and forgiveness. You cant understand the love of a parent because you arent a parent yourself but think about how much time and effort they have invested over the years and years of your life. They will still love you, even if they are uncontrollably mad. They get mad because they want the best for you and they care enough to get angry about you not getting a college degree. So just make sure you actually communicate what is going on. I believe you will do well and I really think it will all be okay. In a few years you'll look back at this period of your life and be so proud you overcame it. :)
>>
>>17746673
OK, I think I finally get it. It seems like such an incredible effort to muster up the balls to do it. It's probably going to be the hardest thing I ever did. But whatever they decide to do, I probably deserve it. Would it be ok to get drunk before doing it? Maybe I could keep my own calm at least.
>>
No. Grab life by the reigns. You can do this.
>>
>>17746710
I just wish I'd have a friend to fall back on. To tell me everything will be okay. To support me in a small way, at least encourage me. But no, I have to be this autistic fuck that's completely alone. C'est la vie.
>>
>>17746505
Not gonna lie, your parents fucked up by shoving the idea of college down your throat. However, I don't think you should be blaming them because you failed college.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.