[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no idea what I'm doing with my life >no idea what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1477794602454 (1).jpg (181KB, 498x906px) Image search: [Google]
1477794602454 (1).jpg
181KB, 498x906px
>no idea what I'm doing with my life
>no idea what I WANT to do with my life
>grades slowly starting to go down the shitter
>starting to fall behind in classes
>keep losing focus and can't get my shit together
>don't know how to motivate myself while studying (in physical activities, which I tend to enjoy, I have tremendous willpower, yet I can't seem to apply it to studying)
>few friends
What do I do
>>
>>17745100

Same here OP. I've been fucking depressed for years and over the past 5 months it's just gotten worse. I am absolutely fucking shitting myself in 2 classes which will bring down my GPA significantly. Honestly, just fake it till you make it. Pick something that you in the least semi enjoy and will get you a job. I am probably going to go to law school (which I don't have a passion for) because I won't have the grades to go to med school (something I do have a passion for). Either way just push through so you are not a NEET at 35 posting on /b/ relying on neetbux and bottle recycling to get by. As for few friends, consider yourself lucky. I have 1 good friend (for like 7 years this guy has been great) and a female friend I fuck sometimes. That's all you need. Most people are shit. If you ever feel lonely just get a dog.
>>
Are you in Highschool right now or College?

If you are in College
- speak to your academic advisor to assess your chances of passing and maintaining a good GPA - you can be put on academic probation for having a low GPA even if you pass depending on where you are, so consult - sometimes you have to cut your time and money losses by dropping a class at a point where you are still allow to drop it without the grades showing up on your GPA.

You should also consult your student groups, if you are an Arts and Science student at the University of Toronto, for example, they have an Arts and students Union. If you are at some place like Seneca College, it's just this one lone Student Council. But they are there for you.

If you are in High School: Congrats! You are at the point in your life where you are still allowed to fail. Find out the following: how long you can stay in highschool, how many classes you can fail, what GPA and what prerequisite you need to get into the college you want.

Sometimes it's better to drop some courses in highschool and graduate a year or two late, even if it mean graduating a different class. You want to enter post-secondary life, be it college or full-time-job (the poor student's gap year), ready for a fight and not falling down exhausted after passing by the skin of your teeth.
>>
have you considered suicide? It's really your best option.
>>
>>17745299
College

>>17745303
I've considered it, but like, what if you really are eternally damned for killing yourself? Just hypothetically.
>>
>>17745313
not the guy you were talking to, but you are equally likely to be eternally damned for NOT killing yourself, the christians havent got it right, the hindus havent got it right, not the muslims, not the atheists, not the bonababoo african shaman tribes, not a single human who has ever lived has even come close to understanding why any of us are here, so using the fear of eternal damnation as a basis for making any decision is moot and can be disregarded entirely.

Any and all assertations about the nature of life (and therefore how we should live it) are utterly and completely wrong, including my own, so fuck my advice too none of us know wtf we are talking about.
>>
Take a semester or two off college. The reasons why you're failing are possibly:
>immaturity
>not having a real reason to be at uni for example "In five years time I will have finished my biology degree and be studying graduate medicine!" or "Once I finish my bachelors in finance in 2018 I will become an investment banker."
>undiagnosed mental problems
>choosing a major that you don't like but don't have the balls to quit

Don't waste your time or money at uni if you don't have plans of doing it properly. You're only hurting yourself.
>>
>>17745478
I'll consider this

Bump
>>
>>17745100
Join the boat OP

>5 years after college
>still no fucking clue what I'm doing
>>
File: getajob.jpg (41KB, 457x499px) Image search: [Google]
getajob.jpg
41KB, 457x499px
>>17745467
Nihilists are faggots.
>>
File: 0000000000thumbs_004.jpg (40KB, 550x244px) Image search: [Google]
0000000000thumbs_004.jpg
40KB, 550x244px
OK, children, gather 'round while daddy tells you what's up.

NO ONE has any idea what they're doing. We are all just doing our best.
Some of us have plans, but no plan survives first contact with the enemy. We improvise.
Some people just drift, go where life takes them.
Some people fall in between.
Some people fall through the cracks and life passes them by.

You get the idea? It seems like the best plan is to make the most of your strengths- prepare, plan, be ready to improvise. If holes appear in your plan, you deal with them.

OP, judging by your writing, you're under 20. Calm down. Almost no one knows what they're doing. If you had a strong father living in your house as a child, I'd imagine that you'd know that. Even among university graduates, most people end up doing something very different or tangentially related to their field of study.
We don't stop growing, so we don't stop changing.
Just put your helmet on and push forward, OP. Make small steps by making small plans, short-and-medium term for now. Aim small, miss small. Prepare for inspiration, and cultivate yourself in preparation. Life is going to bless you and fuck you at different times. Just be as prepared to respond as possible at any given time.
Be thankful you're not motivated. Natural motivation is a blessing. Most people are motivated by desire for survival or hunger. Having an existential crisis is a sign of affluence. Be grateful.
>>
>>17745478
Not OP, but I needed to see this. No ambition, nothing I want after uni, grades slipping. Im wrestling with depression, but manage to function just well enough for it to go unnoticed.

I would love to take a semester off, but I can't exactly go home.
> family moved before college started
> don't even have a bedroom anymore
> hometown had nothing really going on
> literally spent a week in new town, not at all acclimated

What do?
>>
>>17746019
You're being a bitch.
Fucking man up.
>>
>>17746036
Thanks, pal.
>>
>>17745478
I have to agree with this guy, I was in a position similar to you OP but I stuck around school way longer than I should have because I was unhappy there but felt guilty since my parents were paying for it and I had no answer to the obvious follow up they would have asked of "well if you're leaving school what are you going to do". Because of that I ended up wasting everyone's time and money a whole lot more.

Now I'm 27 and I'm going back to school in January to get a degree in history because that's what interests me and I feel like I'm mature enough now to commit to my studies.
>>
>>17746019
> don't even have a bedroom anymore
So what? Sleep on the sofa like I do
>>
>>17745313
Eh, Hard Mode, but talk to your adviser, and if your campus has a couseling service, use it.

Talk to your family doctor too, about your stress. I kept getting infections one year, and it turns out I have anxiety and OCD, I am out of school right now, but I am told that I could come back at any time, I'm not on academic probation in spite of the bad grades, and I will have academic accommodation because my anxiety was considered disability level, having gone psychosomatic, which sucks, but at least people like me aren't left on ice floes anymore, and I will recover, and so will you.
>>
>>17746095
I think I worded that misleadingly. It's not so much that I'm worried about not having a bedroom, I just feel really out of my element right now. I was trying to emphasize that I don't have much to return to that's familiar to me anymore.
>>
>>17746326
You'll have to tell your parents at some point. If you're failing now you won't graduate on time anyway. I'm sure they will be understanding about it even if they are disappointed.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.