[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one find passion? I don't feel a thing for most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (210KB, 2000x993px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 2000x993px
How does one find passion? I don't feel a thing for most things and I'm 22. Should I keep looking?
>>
>>17745008
>I don't feel a thing for most things
What things did you tried so far? Why didn't you feel anything about them exactly?
What things do you actually like?
>>
>>17745008

Me neither.

When i've felt most passionate about stuff is when I'm tired and still want to do X, be it drink a beer, play a videogame, draw something, etc.

My advice about finding what you truly love is to get into some sport, get tired everyday and force yourself to try new stuff. When you find something that's not addicting (like playing LoL and browsing 4chan) and that you still want to do regardless of how tired you are, then you've found something that you can truly enjoy.

Personally, I used to love going on graphic design forums and just doing some shitty amateur editing of stock photos and anime shit. It was 90% a waste of time but I learned to use Photoshop through it and it has served me later in life.
>>
Same boat.
When I graduated college the speaker went on about how a "Person without dreams is already dead"
All I could think about is how I must have died years ago.

All I want is money now.
The only parts of my life that are enjoyable are the small things.
Cooking, reading, hanging with friends, having a good beer.

I don't care about much else.
>>
Well what do you like to do? Passion is all about constant discovery. If you know everything about something it gets boring. Musicians don't know everything there is to know about music. There is always something new to discover or learn. Rock climbers always have a harder wall to climb. Etc. For some people, surrounding themselves with like minded people is a big motivating factor. Being around passionate people can help fuel your own passion. At this point I think I'm confusing hobbies with passion.

People may disagree with me but I don't consider playing video games, watching movies or even reading books to be passions. They're things meant to be consumed. Creating or studying them is a whole other story. They are art after all. But I still think my point about discovering things stands.
>>
>>17745020

I've tried a number of things, from random desk jobs to illustration to music to acting to vidya to sports.
It's not like I have no single drop of joy inside, I just feel like I wouldn't really mind not having those things.
I feel like I have no weaknesses, in a sad kind of way.
It's a biy hard to me to answer what do I like. I like sex, sugar and oldschool japanese art.
I'm also trying boxing so I don't just keep getting fat from spending all my free time shitposting on 4chan.

>>17745042
Music and art are things that are really close, but I never felt the urge to continue learning them. I can't really be sure of when to stop trying to force something I don't really care to learn. I mean, how much more effort should I put on stuff I already tired of ages ago?
>>
>>17745061
>illustration
>art
Could I see?
>>
I don't have anything I'm passionate about. Generally I'm disinterested in the world around me.

Turns out I'm schizophrenic.
>>
>>17745066
My art or the type of art I like to see?
>>
>>17745075
Your art.
>>
File: received_550816108418112.jpg (91KB, 1620x888px) Image search: [Google]
received_550816108418112.jpg
91KB, 1620x888px
>>17745076
Can't do much better than this.
>>
>>17745061
Sounds like quite the range of things, so at very least you really gave it a try.
Though that "not a single drop of joy inside" bit sounds a lot like depression, and if it's the case finding a passion will be a pain indeed.
>>
>>17745095
>not a single drop of joy inside
No no, I said that's not the case. I'm still able to enjoy stuff from time to time, I just don't feel attached to stuff. I don't get true happiness from them.
>>
>>17745093
That's good, mate
Drawing is like singing.
There's a divide between doing it and not.
And you're doing it.

Why'd you stop?
>>
>>17745093
Better than I can do, mate. My drawing style is basically Chris-Chan's.
>>
>>17745142
I'm not sure. I lost patience. Couldn't really concentrate for like a year. After that my tablet started failing, so I never did try again. I just assume that if I can't trust myself to keep on drawing I don't really have a passion for it.

>>17745144
kek
also, thanks
>>
>>17745008
Passion is not found. It's fostered.
>>
File: 1477379925495.jpg (31KB, 436x436px) Image search: [Google]
1477379925495.jpg
31KB, 436x436px
>>17745008
>How does one find passion?

Don't fall for the "passion" stuff.

Passion simply arises when you are good at something and get satisfaction out of an activity. How do you get better? Through practice. Once you see results and advance to a high level, that's where "passion" usually kicks in.

You can't just discover an activity and know it's your passion. That's nonsense. You can have a slight interest, but that encourages you to practice, which is the means by which you create passion.

It's exactly like learning how to play a guitar for the first time. Every person gets frustrated when they can't play a single song. Most people give up. The people who stick with all the frustrations get better. Before you know it, they are teaching it to others and playing professionally, resulting in passion. Many people are bad at math and hate it. Once they get better, they sometimes enjoy it more. The concept applies to plenty of hobbies/skills. You just need to stick with stuff.

tl;dr Passion isn't something you're born with. It comes after the fact. Engage in a bunch of activities. When you sense an interest, commit to it and see where it takes you. Any "find your passion bro" advice should go in the trash
>>
>>17745167
I know how you feel.
The lack of concentration and feeling tired all the time comes from being feeling upset about a major part of your life.

Shitty job did it for me.
When I got home I just didn't give a shit.
But you can come back

Don't forget about your talent.
Work on it.

By the way, did you hear about Akuma in SF5?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.