[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First off I want to say. I am treating this as a breakup. >be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: skeleton-clock-waiting-game.jpg (144KB, 701x474px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-clock-waiting-game.jpg
144KB, 701x474px
First off I want to say. I am treating this as a breakup.
>be with a girl for 5~ months
>she thinks we need a break
>I go no contact
>I was the one to send the last text and it was on a good note
>She starts liking a few of my posts on fb yesterday

That's it, so like I said treating this as a break up. However there are some items I want back from her that I brought over. About how long should I wait on this "break"?
>>
What's your goal? If you wanna get back together I'd just wait until she actually texts you and ignore the facebook likes and shit. Once she texts or contacts you in some way, set up a date or hangout or whatever and go from there. After like a month or two hit her up and get your shit back, if you really want it I guess, then resume no contact.
>>
File: Obama-stressed-out.jpg (18KB, 453x301px) Image search: [Google]
Obama-stressed-out.jpg
18KB, 453x301px
>>17745291
I would like to get her back but I've already come to terms that it's very unlikely at this point. If we did get back there would be some goddamn ground rules and communication we would need to discuss. Give me recommendations on both scenarios senpai

>Wanting to get her back
>Wanting to get my shit back
>>
ask her for your shit back and send a friend for your shit. Them proceed to delete her from any social media and your phone.
Btw, you'd want that friend to be someone that won't fuck her.
>>
You did the right thing by basically walking away and going no contact. You showed her you're willing to move on with your life. Assuming she's still attracted to you (no way to know for sure yet, but seems likely given the facebook likes) she will contact you at some point. If you break and start contacting her and shit it'll probably just push her away more. If she's not attracted to you she just won't contact you and you should move on. I'd give it about a month and if you haven't heard from her by then hit her up to get your shit back. Once you get your shit back just move on like before and don't look back. Find someone else. She might contact you at some point in the future but it's best to write it off after a month ime.

When she does contact you, I recommend not talking too much on the phone or anything and just invite her over for wine and dinner or whatever. Tell her you like her and want her but you don't want to waste your time if she just wants to be friends or whatever the fuck, then you're gonna have to move on and find someone else.

I'm not sure what (if any) boundaries she broke, but definitely don't be a doormat in your relationship if you do get her back. Set boundaries and communicate. If she does something while you're in a committed relationship that's sketchy, you need to talk about it and if she's legitimately doing something shady you shouldn't just accept it and shit. The flip side is for all I know you could be getting insecure and controlling, which will push a girl away. There's a difference between a girl overstepping boundaries and being sketchy and a girl who's legitimately doing something unacceptable in a relationship.
>>
File: 29e.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
29e.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
>>17745338
This isn't an option at this point in time.
>>17745351
>I'm not sure what (if any) boundaries she broke, but definitely don't be a doormat
I want to touch on this since you're providing some good advice. She didn't cross any boundaries, simply put, she just one day decided to question everything. Future, life, sexuality, career paths, relationships, like basically everything. I was never once a doormat to her but during my attempts to figure out what was bothering her I did somewhat come off as a beta I said something like "let's try to work through our issues together, I want to better myself for you and if you feel like I'm not I'd like you're help with it, mould me into a better person if I can't do it by myself" I probably shouldn't have used the word mould, sounds very demeaning now that I look back on it but that was the one and only time I put myself in a doormat position. I did take blame for a couple of things to try and get to the goddamn route of her issues, idk if you would consider that being a doormat or not tho.
>>
>>17745381

If you're in a relationship and you slip up one time like that it's not gonna ruin things, you have to fuck up repeatedly or something else has to be going on. Did she seem like she was treating you differently over time? Like, did she start to become less affectionate? Did she stop calling you pet names or change her behavior / become more bitchy over time? These are signs something's up. You sound like you did a pretty good job trying to get to the root of her issues and were open and communicated well, so that's good. Sometimes you just need to listen and keep digging and let her talk her problems out without actually trying to *fix* anything. Just really try to get her to express all of her feelings and let her know you understand where she's coming from emotionally and you're sorry you made her feel some way or whatever.

A lot of times they don't want you to give them advice or *fix* anything, they just want to know you understand and once she expresses all her problems and feels like you understand and what not, she'll just feel better without any further action needed. After that you kind of have her back open and she should seem more affectionate / more open to you. But yeah, I'd definitely recommend keeping an eye on how attracted she is over time. It's super easy to get complacent in a relationship and ignore it when things start to change and she starts treating you different.

Usually the issue is you're like, not dating her anymore and there's no excitement, or you're becoming really weak / needy, or you're not responding to her when she's trying to get your attention and feel your presence and shit. Basically just learn to keep an eye out for when things start to change on you and try to figure out why and what you can do to turn things around.

If nothing really changed at all that you noticed, that's pretty weird. I mean, maybe she did have a legitimate life crisis or something, who even knows. That'd be kind of abnormal I think.
>>
>>17745399
Sorry feel asleep. She seemed like her normal self. Maybe a slight decrease in being affectionate but not enough to make a day and night comparison. The only 2 note able things that happened from what I've seen were:
1. She just started going to college again (different class placement)
2. She was on this very paranoid "I'm pregnant" streak for a week or so.
Other than those two things she seemed normal in terms of how she usually is. She goes to cosmetology school so the majority of the people she's with are female, maybe she feel for one? I have no real evidence behind this, just speculation.
>>
Bump
Where is that based anon from last night?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.