[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /adv/ i'm gonna be working my first job ever at a restaurant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

sup /adv/

i'm gonna be working my first job ever at a restaurant (inb4 underage b&, i'm 20) and i'm curious about pay/hours. they want me to work 20 hours a week at 11 dollars an hour (i live in canada so it'd be in canadian dollars, not USD but for the morbidly curious... it'd be about $8 an hour USD)... is this good for a first job? it's just light prep stuff/dishwashing...

would you work for 20 hours a week/$8 an hour?
>>
Did you apply for full time or part time? 20 hours is measly.
>>
Dishwashing can be hard work so I think some people fairly offer more for it, but then pretty much anyone can do it so it's usually easy to find a replacement for less pay when necessary. Is it a privately owned establishment? They're probably offering what they can afford to pay because it can be so hard to stay in business. The hours sound right for a restaurant: sometimes a restaurant might make pretty much all its money just during a rush that happens about 4 hours in a day, and sometimes only 5 or even as little as 3 days a week. For the dishwasher getting a lower pay that doesn't amount to much, but the restaurant really needs them on during those hours and maybe can't afford to pay them to do next to nothing during the slow time the rest of the day.

What it comes down to is you. If you're all set with living expenses and just doing this for a little extra pocket money and want lots of time for your life outside of your job, go for it. If you're looking to live off of this job I think you can figure out how hard that will be for you and will probably consider a different or second job.
>>
okay first off, $11/hr is over minimum wage depending on your province. second, you never told us what position so we can't even deduce whether you're being paid proper or not. third, what kind of restaurant so i can figure out whats your pay should be. source: working food industry since 8 years
>>
if you're doing prep sometimes you'll get a higher wage. dishwashers usually get a min wage + tip out to the kitchen. need to know waht kind of restaurant we're dealing with as if its a chain theres generally more up a system set up over a family run
>>
$11/hr isn't bad and 20 hours a week is reasonable part-time.

First job I ever had was data-entry for a summer at the municipal water company and I made $8.75/hr
>>
I'd do it if I were still living with my folks. It's enough to get a feel for employment but gives you plenty of time to improve and look for a job that'll pay bills.
>>
you should be getting a tip out if the kitchen gets a tip out. but generally speaking you are replaceable at this job. and its shit work. you already sound like you think you're too good for the job so save yourself some agony and the owner some grief and don't take it. but good luck finding a starting job over min. wage with no experience. your best bet if you want money is to find a restaurant hiring hosts and move your way up to serving and bartending. bartending at a chain restaurant is good money, and you dont do bitch grunt work that all the illegals will do.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.